#62 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Both way better than music made on a laptop

To even think that making music on a laptop cannot be as beautiful or original as those songs is extremely ignorant. Music is music, and people write their music in different ways. All a computer allows an artist to do is be more creative and take their music to a level that cannot be reached by playing live. Almost all bands including famous ones like Kings of Leon have their tracks produced on a computer, they record solo'd tracks a few riffs at a time and produce them on a computer. It's the only way to truly reach digital perfection, and that doesn't make them any less talented.

your ignorance is embarrassing.
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#63 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

POPULAR

To even think that making music on a laptop cannot be as beautiful or original as those songs is extremely ignorant. Music is music, and people write their music in different ways. All a computer allows an artist to do is be more creative and take their music to a level that cannot be reached by playing live. Almost all bands including famous ones like Kings of Leon have their tracks produced on a computer, they record solo'd tracks a few riffs at a time and produce them on a computer. It's the only way to truly reach digital perfection, and that doesn't make them any less talented.

My Ignorance is awesome. All you little metros making fun of me for not being creative enough to enjoy a Buncha beeps, screeches and tones is the polar opposite of what I am doing.

Keep your little rants and music tastes to yourself cause nobody cares about this crap or how it is made.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#64 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

What does everyone have against an electric guitar or 2, a base, and a drum set with a singer that has a actual song to sing with lyrics that you can recognize as english.

We need something timeless, you think this Techno Crap is Timeless?

Hell No!! its the current metropolitan trend.
In five years it will be dead and some other pansy in skin tight pants will play some other ear damaging junk at all the clubs

Timeless is Rock and Roll, survey says rock in roll is more hockey than any of this crap on this page.

Go pluck your eyebrows and sit in a tanning bed

Yeah, +1, what the heck is wrong with people. It's 1:00 min in this crappy song and I haven't heard nothing but garbage so far. Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

Edited by Dogbyte, 23 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#65 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,970 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

My Ignorance is awesome. All you little metros making fun of me for not being creative enough to enjoy a Buncha beeps, screeches and tones is the polar opposite of what I am doing.

Keep your little rants and music tastes to yourself cause nobody cares about this crap or how it is made.

No ones telling you to like this genre but to say its not music is a stupid statement as I've gone over with you last page. Like arguing with a child.

Yeah, +1, what the heck is wrong with people. It's 1:00 in this crappy song and I haven't heard nothing but garbage so far. Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

:picard:

Couldn't have said it any better brother.

Is that a nautical joke?

Or a snowboard/skateboard joke?

Edited by Armada, 23 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#66 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

You literally were just complaining about how this crap is made.....

Edited by JordanEberle, 23 January 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#67 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

You literally were just complaining about how this crap is made.....

Look at all the periods

So philosophical.....
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#68 Kryten

Kryten

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Agree with No Heart (for the most part) and I am a music fan. House, Dubstep, Electro, etc just isn't hockey music. What got me pumped to play was Pantera, Disturbed (10 Thousand Fists in The Air would be sweet), System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine (imagine the intros).

Posted Image

#69 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

No ones telling you to like this genre but to say its not music is a stupid statement as I've gone over with you last page. Like arguing with a child.

:picard:

Couldn't have said it any better brother.

Or a snowboard/skateboard joke?

I'm not going to argue because I'm just getting old and crusty and most definitely biased but there is definitely something to be said for people that make music with real instruments as compared to sitting at their computer using a computer program to synthesize and arrange patterned synthetic music.

I like music with words that convey ideas as compared to schreeches, whistles, and harmonics, that you can do speedy drugs to.

Edited by Dogbyte, 23 January 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#70 Kryten

Kryten

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm not going to argue because I'm just getting old and crusty and most definitely biased but there is definitely something to be said for people that make music with real instruments as compared to sitting at their computer using a computer program to synthesize and arrange patterned synthetic music.

I like music with words that convey ideas as compared to schreeches, whistles, and harmonics, that you can do speedy drugs to.

My personal opinion is that it is harder to spin synthetic harmonies than it is to create them. DJing can be an artform (it takes musical skill, just not to the same degree as a true musician) but IMO has no place in an arena.

Edited by Kryten, 23 January 2013 - 11:26 AM.

Posted Image

#71 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

My personal opinion is that it is harder to spin synthetic harmonies than it is to create them. DJing can be an artform (it takes musical skill, just not to the same degree as a true musician) but IMO has no place in an arena.

I can pretty much agree on all of that. Concur on pretty much all the music you listed above. Definitely want something down and physical with a lot of energy. Laptop techno does not do that for me at all.

#72 DCR

DCR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'll admit to being an old fogey with a preference for rock; but I don't think the intro has to be rock.

What I do think it has to be is stirring. It has to be something that can catch the audience and get them into the mood of the upcoming game. It doesn't matter what kind of music it is, so long as it can do that. The problem is that not all kinds of music can do that successfully for all audiences.

I really enjoy Cape Breton fiddle music, but I would be rightfully laughed out of the building if I suggested it for the Canucks' intro. It's the same with a number of other forms of music, and no slight on any of them.

I don't know what the next intro should be, but I will know when I hear it, and I will know when I hear something that shouldn't be it, too.

#73 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,053 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Agree with No Heart (for the most part) and I am a music fan. House, Dubstep, Electro, etc just isn't hockey music. What got me pumped to play was Pantera, Disturbed (10 Thousand Fists in The Air would be sweet), System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine (imagine the intros).

http://youtu.be/zSHtniUl8V4

If you're going with RATM ,Wake Up would be better. You can easily loop 0:40-0:52 to repeat as long as necessary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfaJ8RqfOg

aXmDa9t.gif

#74 Callahandy

Callahandy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Should do something from three inches of blood ....an awesome Vancouver band. Just say'n if your gonna do an intro it may as well be freaking epic.

Now you're talking. Or how about:

www.myspace.com/callahanband

#75 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Lets just keep the U2 song. The song the Vancouver Canucks posted scares me enough into believing whatever comes next will be god awful.
Posted Image

#76 Chioster

Chioster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

#77 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I don't really care for ACDC personally but this ain't about what we like personally its about everyone.

I like gothic metal, I would love to have a gothic metal intro but 99.9% of people don't like it and that's cool with me.

Just because DJ Dave and a few metro douchebags in Vancouver style there hair to techno in the morning before going to work at Starbucks means we all have to live with it.

It's sure got the crowd going

Hahaha

You sound like you're from Boston

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#78 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

http://youtu.be/zSHtniUl8V4

Brilliants
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#79 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

"punching faces = rock"

No, punching faces = metal. I missed the intro last night, but the arena music still blows goats. Pop, top 40, classic rock....all garbage.

#80 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

How the hell do you sing along to something like that?

Sing along? Does anyone sing along with the U2 intro? It's just music to get you going during the intro not a sing along session.
Posted Image

#81 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I thought I would throw a few suggestions out there...

rock:
pretender - foo fighters

black betty

sound of madness

here comes the boom

red flag

powerman 5000

Other:

Edited by Bill F-ing Murray, 24 January 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#82 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

"punching faces = rock"

No, punching faces = metal. I missed the intro last night, but the arena music still blows goats. Pop, top 40, classic rock....all garbage.

Oh I agree.

but the children

Edited by Noheart, 25 January 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#83 Hexinvir

Hexinvir

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

This should absolutely be the intro song.

Posted Image

#84 Jake Buffie

Jake Buffie

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

This should absolutely be the intro song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjXFjLTagQ

it's already used as a powerplay song vastly across the league. Overdone.

#85 Jake Buffie

Jake Buffie

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Perfect intro song they should use, would get things pumped up, unique, definitely untouched by any team.

#86 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Baba O'Riley

/Discussion

Amen. Nothing is better suited for an intro to anything. Plus, The Who are gods.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#87 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

In honour of the Sedin's and Edler.

But yeah Baba O'Riley would be epic, or even from 6:35

I'll be ok with The Pretender by Foo Fighters, or POD: Here comes the boom as well.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#88 Hexinvir

Hexinvir

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

it's already used as a powerplay song vastly across the league. Overdone.

I don't hear it really at all around the league. Can't be as overdone as Welcome to the Jungle, and that is one of their choices...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.