The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Really noticing Manny on the ice...

MLT

... Not in a good way.

He has clearly lost a step and is not the back checker he used to be. This is not a quick 1 game reaction either. He was less than impressive last season. In order for him to be effective in the NHL at this point in his career he needs to be a force in the defensive zone. This is just not happening.

He has obviously lost his game since the eye injury. I was a hug Manny fan, and i hope he can prove me wrong and turn his game around in the next couple of weeks. If not, we need to find a more effective 4th line penalty killing center. I miss the 3rd line, pre-injury Manny SO BAD.

He plays with pylons whose priorities are to hit.

He plays in the defensive zone about 90% of the time. The majority of his shifts entail winning the faceoff and then not letting in a goal.

The 10-11 Canucks had Torres and Hansen on Malhotra's line, did he not? Now he has Weise and Volpatti. There are reasons behind some things you know.

He plays in the defensive zone about 90% of the time. The majority of his shifts entail winning the faceoff and then not letting in a goal.

The 10-11 Canucks had Torres and Hansen on Malhotra's line, did he not? Now he has Weise and Volpatti. There are reasons behind some things you know.

Unfortunately for Manny this is his last season in Vancouver and arguably in the NHL. After that eye injury, on top of the inevitable aging process, has really hindered his game. Also, take into consideration that he has only one point in his last 30 playoff games -- there isn't much of a market for a 4th line center who contributes nothing offensively.

Are you suggesting Weise and Volpatti are better than Malhotra or Torres and Hansen are?

I assume it's the latter because nobody can be that out to lunch.

Sure, Hansen and Torres has more offensive upside. But they aren't outright better than Malhotra as a player, Torres especially.

He had 7 goals and 18 points in 11-12 with a +- of -11. That shows that all he did was play to defend. The fact that he even scored 7 goals is impressive.

Are you suggesting Weise and Volpatti are better than Malhotra or Torres and Hansen are?

I assume it's the latter because nobody can be that out to lunch.

Sure, Hansen and Torres has more offensive upside. But they aren't outright better than Malhotra as a player, Torres especially.

He had 7 goals and 18 points in 11-12 with a +- of -11. That shows that all he did was play to defend. The fact that he even scored 7 goals is impressive.

Archived