The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your thoughts on the Canucks goaltending situation?

Tom Sestito

I've always been a huge Lou fan, and it bugged the hell out of me to see everyone run him out of town. He's the saviour we don't deserve.

What do you guys think happens if he shuts out the oil tonight? Does he start next game?

If he continues to excel, do we ride the tandem are start shopping Schneider instead?

I'm confident in both goalies, both great personalities.

I really just want to see a cup, seeing as my dad has season tickets. I could care less who's playing b/c they're both amazing goalies.

omnomomnomomnom

I think Schneider should be the starter, but if he is going to be the starter I dont think it is good for him to have Luongo watching him from the bench. Luongo does cast a pretty large shadow and it seems to me that could be unnerving for Schneider.

Schneider is a good goaltender, but I won't be so quick to judge him as a starter goalie for most of a season. Unfortunately the goalie position is a very demanding position and I'm having a tough time justifying schineds as a starter.

I would keep Lu as my start goalie as he is proven and honestly he deserves much more from the fans. I also believe schnider needs another season before being a first at which point I would still hang on to lu. Just think of all the points we got last year alone due to his goaltending which put us into a ot or so when our forwards were having a tough time and could not score.

well on the game to nite lu looks sensational except on the oilers goal. really bad position. great shot but if lu was in position that would not go in... in my mind the lu shouldn't be pushed to hugging the crease between the pipes of the net.... no one was causing commotion.

I wasn't trashing anyone, or implying someone sucks. I love each goaltender. I really don't dislike any player. All of them are great in my opinion.

There is a chance there could be a controversy, and there's a huge difference between Lundqvist/Biron & Lou/Schneids

Lol. Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie in the league, and Biron isn't top tier starting material in my opinion.

Lou and Schneids are two fantastic goalies buddy.

EDIT; this was mostly a reply to HaggisOBrien's 'humour.'

This is a situation that need's to be solved quickly,it's seeems to be a distraction for everyone and certainly the goalie tandem we have.

It's a managment issue,and as far as I'm concerned,they should go back to what it was before and ride it out for this short season.

Archived