Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Season ticket waiting list annual fee?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

I have been on the blue line waiting list for about 4 years now. Usually every October I would get an invoice for the annual fee to hold my spot. This year, I didn't get one (obviously due to the lockout). Just wondering if anyone knows if they are just waiving the fee this year or what? Also I never got an update as to what # I was. Did anyone else get an update with their new spot?

I wonder how the lockout is going to effect the waiting list, if many ticket holders will drop their tickets, etc.

OK, so you tell me. Does the rapist go to jail? Should Toffoli be suspended?

Basically what we are seeing here is that, like you said, the league feels that us getting a win is enough of a punishment to Toffoli. In analogy to the boy's parents being able to buy a lawyer that can set the boy free on a terrible crime such as rape, the league decided to set Toffoli free on the consideration of potential financial loss.

:picard:

#2 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

There's a fee to be on the waiting list?
Posted Image

#3 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Just get a bigger TV

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#4 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I heard people are dropping season tickets this year....

Basically what we are seeing here is that, like you said, the league feels that us getting a win is enough of a punishment to Toffoli. In analogy to the boy's parents being able to buy a lawyer that can set the boy free on a terrible crime such as rape, the league decided to set Toffoli free on the consideration of potential financial loss.

#5 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Consumers love getting raped.
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#6 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Constructive comments from immature 12 year olds I see.

#7 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

u have to pay annually? crap i thought it was just a one time fee...you guys are getting ripped off, who knows how long you'll be waiting...

#8 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

its a short season, lets just tank and go for one of the top 2 picks!!

#9 Yung Pony

Yung Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Im pretty sure that the money you pay goes towards your season tickets when they eventually come.
Posted Image

#10 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Sounds like a scam.

#11 Johnny Shotgun

Johnny Shotgun

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

PT Barnum said it best. And the National Hokey League made it their mantra.
No one escapes my blast!

#12 henriksundin69

henriksundin69

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I got season tix for 900 bucks lol
Posted Image
Sig designed by me

#13 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

PT Barnum said it best. And the National Hokey League made it their mantra.

So you suggest that no one ever pay any type of fee for anything they want? If you really want to go to a once-in-a-lifetime concert, you should only pay face value or refuse to buy a ticket?

Canucks ticket prices are determined by demand. We live in a "supply and demand" society. There's huge demand for canucks tickets, and therefore you have to pay for the priviledge to see them. If people are content sitting at home in HD watching it then there's nothing wrong with it. Frankly I enjoy watching from home too.

I didn't start this thread to be judged though. Just looking for info from other blue line waiting list members on here.

#14 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,181 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

ya 20 ppl

#15 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Anyways.....

Looking on craigslist, it looks really rough this year for season ticket holders. Many of them are trying to sell tickets unsuccessfully below market value.

Also, I know many of the season ticket holders rely on the "premium" games from the Eastern Conference to subsidize their season tickets. E.g., people will sell off the big games (Pittsburgh, Washington, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, New York, etc.) for like 3 times face value, and then keep the cheaper games, getting them almost for free.

This year, however, there's no eastern conference games. So no big ticket sales, just crappy western conference games.

I am hoping this deteriorates moral and that we see a drop in season ticket holders this year. That would be good for people on the waiting list! Last lockout we saw this happen, and the waiting list became shorter.

#16 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

ya 20 ppl

The record high renewal rate was 97% after the canucks did their cup run in 2011. Usually renewal rate hovers around the 95% mark.

With 17,000 season ticket holders, it means around 600-700 seats freed up each year. Assuming most people want 2 tickets, then the waiting list should move up around 350 spots a year, or more as people drop off the waiting list. So hardly 20 people. And if this year sees worse renewal rates (I am thinking 93-94%) then we will see a lot more seats come up.

Edited by DonaldBrashear, 20 January 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#17 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Maybe we can "park" that thought for the next 11 years - until when you finally get access to a 7 game ice pak up in the upper nose-bleeds!

#18 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

The annual fee for the waiting list goes towards reducing the price you pay for your season tickets so that's why they put it there. It's also to assure themselves that you're wanting season tickets which is why the fee is there.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#19 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,205 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Constructive comments from immature 12 year olds I see.

Well, you are asking CDC for their help when you should have just called the season ticket office.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year.

#20 Miller32

Miller32

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

There is a waiting list for season tickets? And a fee on top of that!? Buy a bunch of Canucks paraphernalia, home theatre system and NHL Center Ice (optional just thought CI would be cool) and a stockpile of beer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,181 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Anyways.....

Looking on craigslist, it looks really rough this year for season ticket holders. Many of them are trying to sell tickets unsuccessfully below market value.

Also, I know many of the season ticket holders rely on the "premium" games from the Eastern Conference to subsidize their season tickets. E.g., people will sell off the big games (Pittsburgh, Washington, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, New York, etc.) for like 3 times face value, and then keep the cheaper games, getting them almost for free.

This year, however, there's no eastern conference games. So no big ticket sales, just crappy western conference games.

I am hoping this deteriorates moral and that we see a drop in season ticket holders this year. That would be good for people on the waiting list! Last lockout we saw this happen, and the waiting list became shorter.

I don't see much ppl dropping their tickets unless they are going out of town or have $$$ problems. U can get rid of your tickets easy especially in the upper bowl. And most corporate wont drop their tickets since its a tax write off anyways. I know a few coworker have season tickets and sell most of it. During that cup run 2 yrs ago, I think they made like $10k each..

#22 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I don't see much ppl dropping their tickets unless they are going out of town or have $$$ problems. U can get rid of your tickets easy especially in the upper bowl. And most corporate wont drop their tickets since its a tax write off anyways. I know a few coworker have season tickets and sell most of it. During that cup run 2 yrs ago, I think they made like $10k each..

Well this has been the way it has been for a few years. People with season tickets who don't need them just sell them. But... I hear it's not as easy this year. LOTS of empty seats at games means people can't sell their tix for face value, or even give them away. So saying "You can get rid of your tickets easy especially in the upper bowl" I am not sure... check CRAIGSLIST and you will see tons of tix for face value that arent selling.

Guess im just hopeful.... but yeah....

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.