The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Season ticket waiting list annual fee?

DonaldBrashear

Anyways.....

Looking on craigslist, it looks really rough this year for season ticket holders. Many of them are trying to sell tickets unsuccessfully below market value.

Also, I know many of the season ticket holders rely on the "premium" games from the Eastern Conference to subsidize their season tickets. E.g., people will sell off the big games (Pittsburgh, Washington, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, New York, etc.) for like 3 times face value, and then keep the cheaper games, getting them almost for free.

This year, however, there's no eastern conference games. So no big ticket sales, just crappy western conference games.

I am hoping this deteriorates moral and that we see a drop in season ticket holders this year. That would be good for people on the waiting list! Last lockout we saw this happen, and the waiting list became shorter.

I don't see much ppl dropping their tickets unless they are going out of town or have $$$ problems. U can get rid of your tickets easy especially in the upper bowl. And most corporate wont drop their tickets since its a tax write off anyways. I know a few coworker have season tickets and sell most of it. During that cup run 2 yrs ago, I think they made like $10k each..

Archived