The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Oilers 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

Since the announcement I disagree completely with Edler being worth $5 million a year. He's a solid D-Man, no doubt about it, but he is not worth $5 Mill.

We definitely need to get something going for the 2nd line. We have no depth. We should have taken a gamble on Gomez much like what San Jose is doing, and if I'm not mistaken, Frolov is still an available free agent as well. Too bad we wasted money on Barker and Vandermeer though.

I thought Kassian & Weise were our best players (woot! Kass got a goal!!) . Both seemed to be rewarded for their hard play by AV.

If nothing else, this was an improvement over yesterday. 1 point is better than 0 points.

Definitely missing Kesler right now - our 2nd line is experiencing an identity crisis with all the line juggling.

They are going to battle just to scape into the playoffs, even with a full lineup. Gillis has not done enough to improve the team and the poor drafting record is beginning to hurt. There simply aren't enough prospects to fill in the void.

The very thought that this is a cup contending team is laughable. Need to get younger, faster and more skilled. This forward group does not cut it.

Schroeder needs to play with Raymond again.

Schroeder has the dynamic speed, skill and elusiveness to carry the puck and set someone up which is precisely what he did in the scrimmage with Raymond.

Raymond shouldn't be the guy carrying the puck into the zone cause all he does is drive wide, stop up at the half boards then fall down/get pinned up and lose it.

Raymond has shown he can't use his speed effectively like Booth does so he should just be the trigger man, he has to use his speed to get into areas to shoot, and Schroeder is the guy that needs to carry the puck through the N-zone, into the offensive zone and make the play, I don't think Ebbett is capable of it myself.

Time to call JS up.

Really missing Kesler and Booth in this game. If we had them healthy in this game, we could've easily won it. Oh well.

In other news, Ebbett is quite disappointing so far on the 2nd. Hopefully Schroeder gets the call soon.

Archived