19 replies to this topic

#1 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Better game than yesterday... Weise looked good minus his skates!
Kassian was great when he hit the net (and better when it was Eager's face!... Even though I hope he isn't concussed).

Some amazing Sedin magic and Edler scores yet again. Garrison looked decent and I could see him being great when he settles in and develops some chemistry!

In other news... Ebbet is a plug.

Game two of the preseason is over!

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#2 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

It was a good game, we looked so much better, and Lu was solid. But PLEASE get Ebbet off the second!!
Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#3 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

We had the game in our palm and lost it.

Eberle is amazing though.

Kassian had a great game.
Tanev was rushing the puck well.

We lost, thats not good enough.

#4 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I thought we played pretty well for most of the game... keep Kass with the twins!

We deserved to get 2 pts tonight
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

booth and kesler give us another dimension

#6 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

take a stab at signing gomez or connolly if they get bought out. Ebbett and Raymond are useless, Ballard should be waived because he is just getting worse and worse and worse.
We need offence badly.

#7 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Schroeder should have his shot on the second line.. if there's any time to give it a shot, may as well do so now.
Posted Image

#8 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Better game than yesterday... Weise looked good minus his skates!
Kassian was great when he hit the net (and better when it was Eager's face!... Even though I hope he isn't concussed).

Some amazing Sedin magic and Edler scores yet again. Garrison looked decent and I could see him being great when he settles in and develops some chemistry!

In other news... Ebbet is a plug.

Game two of the preseason is over!

Other than the goal he scored, Edler stunk the joint out tonight. Stood around like a pylon as Eberle blew past him in the second and failure to clear the puck out of the zone on multiple times led to scoring chances that Lu bailed him out on. I'm a fan of Edler, but he looked marginally better than he did last spring. He also got away with hitting from behind in the third...Lu looked good except for the shoot-out. He's as bad as ever on the shootouts.

#9 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Huge Schroeder fan, but Ebbett earned his spot on the second line and I know he's on a short leash but its one bad game thats like saying we send down Schneider cuz of his bad game and now we send down Ebbett. But i would still be extremely happy to see Schroeder called up. Just sayin

Posted Image

#10 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Since the announcement I disagree completely with Edler being worth $5 million a year. He's a solid D-Man, no doubt about it, but he is not worth $5 Mill.

We definitely need to get something going for the 2nd line. We have no depth. We should have taken a gamble on Gomez much like what San Jose is doing, and if I'm not mistaken, Frolov is still an available free agent as well. Too bad we wasted money on Barker and Vandermeer though.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#11 Miller32

Miller32

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Double post. There is already a PGT thread going, already hot too.

http://forum.canucks...-canucks-2-fso/

Edited by Miller32, 20 January 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

its a short season, lets just tank and go for one of the top 2 picks!! One terrible season won't hurt and let's face it, this current group of guys ain't going anywhere

Edited by Super_Canuck, 20 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#13 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

to bad.. they looked lazy and tied from mid second period to the end. ebbet is just getting asked to play to far above his ability. did volpatti play after the first period, he was invisible.

power play needs some new looks especially on entry
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#14 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I just hate shootouts. Better overall team performance than last game though. Bring on the Flames. :emot-parrot:

canucks141.png

#15 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

better than game 1 but:

non-dominant Sedins (same as game 1)
horrendous defensive zone coverage (same as game 1)
overall lackadaisical effort from everyone (same as game 1)
NO PHYSICAL PRESENCE (same for 40 years)

WTF were these tards thinking? "Oh we're locked out so we'll just skate with the team at UBC for 6 months because they're so awesome, which will keep us sharp enough" ??

f$%#@ pathetic

it's a 48 game season. EVERY game is a 4 pointer, which makes divisional games technically 8 pointers.

This is a great team that is playing like a bunch of spoiled lazy f**** and if AV and GMMG want to keep their jobs they will get their shat in order pronto.

Trade Luongo or Schneider I don't care which one, but get some help in here now while those bruised and battered Americans we rely on so much, recuperate in their million dollar hot tubs.

WTF is with Weise out there eating up valuable minutes towards the end of the game ?! Thank God Kassian went out there and smashed Eager in the face... good on him for celebrating too. It's the only thing fans have had to cheer for so far.

FU AV

:rolleyes:

bye

#16 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Really missing Kesler and Booth in this game. If we had them healthy in this game, we could've easily won it. Oh well.

In other news, Ebbett is quite disappointing so far on the 2nd. Hopefully Schroeder gets the call soon.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#17 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

WTF is with Weise out there eating up valuable minutes towards the end of the game ?! Thank God Kassian went out there and smashed Eager in the face... good on him for celebrating too. It's the only thing fans have had to cheer for so far.

FU AV

bye

Weise was playing big minutes because he was playing well. Good play earns you more minutes, makes sense to me.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#18 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

better than game 1 but:

non-dominant Sedins (same as game 1)
horrendous defensive zone coverage (same as game 1)
overall lackadaisical effort from everyone (same as game 1)
NO PHYSICAL PRESENCE (same for 40 years)

WTF were these tards thinking? "Oh we're locked out so we'll just skate with the team at UBC for 6 months because they're so awesome, which will keep us sharp enough" ??

f$%#@ pathetic

it's a 48 game season. EVERY game is a 4 pointer, which makes divisional games technically 8 pointers.

This is a great team that is playing like a bunch of spoiled lazy f**** and if AV and GMMG want to keep their jobs they will get their shat in order pronto.

Trade Luongo or Schneider I don't care which one, but get some help in here now while those bruised and battered Americans we rely on so much, recuperate in their million dollar hot tubs.

FU AV

bye

Hate more, it makes you feel better...

#19 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Weise was playing big minutes because he was playing well. Good play earns you more minutes, makes sense to me.

I like him as a player.

When you're losing a game though, you don't put out your least offensive player(S) to try and salvage anything.

Maybe on occasion when that player has displayed a hot hand and/or a certain short lived chemistry with some top line players... neither of which he has shown.

#20 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Hate more, it makes you feel better...

Who's hating

If you have an issue with something I said, then address that specifically. IMO anyone watching the start to this season would agree with everything I said there. Did you happen to see AV's face post game after the loss to Anaheim?

Maybe you should tell him to "stop hating" as well ...?

Or join the rest of us who have supported this team for over 30 years who give a $#@ enough to call it as it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.