Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merci

Mason Raymond

19 posts in this topic

Raymond had a pretty solid game I thought. Things I noticed:

Didn't fall down (at least not to my recollection; he fell a lot yesterday)

Refrained from taking perimeter shots, instead passed into the middle and created chances (another encouraging sign)

Continues to finish checks

Seems more focused on helping his linemates than getting a shot on goal

I thought he made some nice passing plays. Maybe he's got some ideas off of watching Schroeder play.

Raymond hasn't done anything spectacular so far but he has been fine. He is the least of our worries right now

Raymond had a pretty solid game I thought. Things I noticed:

Didn't fall down (at least not to my recollection; he fell a lot yesterday)

Refrained from taking perimeter shots, instead passed into the middle and created chances (another encouraging sign)

Continues to finish checks

Seems more focused on helping his linemates than getting a shot on goal

Actually, Raymond has been one of our better forwards. That's not saying much since we don't really have a second line, but still..

Ehhhhh

Hes hasnt been that good but better than usual, uses his speed to help on the pp, but he has no exicution and still makes the same mistakes he did last year.

I gave up Raymond a long time ago so his continued suckiness is to no surprise. He'll go on a little hot streak at some point this season...then go 6-8 games of doing nothing. repeat the cycle. He makes a good 3rd liner but man having him in your top six...ugly.

Two games in, and so far we are seeing the same old same old from Mase. He needs to produce (i.e., goals and assists) and that hasn't happened yet in the first two games.

On a positive note, Kass looked good tonight. 2 games in, and he looks like a pleasant surprise in what has so far been a disappointing start to the season.

As good as Edler looked on his goal, he looked bad the rest of the game...Edler is still playing like he did in the first round of the playoffs last year. He was beaten like a rented mule by Eberle in the second.

lol how people try to be so positive.

raymond is useless and does not have any impact on the games.

IMO we need a new coaching staff.

Same old Raymond as far as I'm concerned. Skated 500 miles in the last two games and accomplished nothing.

At this point, I wouldn't trade Raymond - hes not the offensive beast CDC is demanding, but he is a very solid defensive player.

I'd keep him on the 3rd line with Hansen as well as giving him pk mins

He needs to stay in the bottom 6, his hands and shot aren't good enough for the top 6.

Alright buddy.

So, who plays over Raymond then? Call up Rodin from the Wolves?