The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond

Merci

Raymond had a pretty solid game I thought. Things I noticed:

Didn't fall down (at least not to my recollection; he fell a lot yesterday)

Refrained from taking perimeter shots, instead passed into the middle and created chances (another encouraging sign)

Continues to finish checks

Seems more focused on helping his linemates than getting a shot on goal

Raymond had a pretty solid game I thought. Things I noticed:

Didn't fall down (at least not to my recollection; he fell a lot yesterday)

Refrained from taking perimeter shots, instead passed into the middle and created chances (another encouraging sign)

Continues to finish checks

Seems more focused on helping his linemates than getting a shot on goal

I gave up Raymond a long time ago so his continued suckiness is to no surprise. He'll go on a little hot streak at some point this season...then go 6-8 games of doing nothing. repeat the cycle. He makes a good 3rd liner but man having him in your top six...ugly.

Two games in, and so far we are seeing the same old same old from Mase. He needs to produce (i.e., goals and assists) and that hasn't happened yet in the first two games.

On a positive note, Kass looked good tonight. 2 games in, and he looks like a pleasant surprise in what has so far been a disappointing start to the season.

As good as Edler looked on his goal, he looked bad the rest of the game...Edler is still playing like he did in the first round of the playoffs last year. He was beaten like a rented mule by Eberle in the second.

Archived