The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison = Ehrhoff

Ugli Fruit

In almost every way, I think, except Garrison is more physical.

Both guys are pretty average on D (he was partially to blame on the 2nd Edm goal), and both have great shots, and can move the puck well on the PP, and have good chemistry with Edler.

Garrison's been playing decent offensively and seems comfortable with Edler. But at this point, he reminds me so much of Ehrhoff (even his number?!) that I think Edler may need to lean towards D-first instead of 2-way when he played with Salo.

I find it funny how we pretty much paid Garrison what we would have paid Ehrhoff. Except we would have known exactly what we would get from the Hoff whereas Garrison is a slight gamble.

Still no complaints about his signing, though.

Oh yeah, I forgot... This board hates Ehrhoff because he wanted money (you think you would have taken less than what you deserved? Give me a break).

If it wasn't for Edler, none of our D could shoot and score from the point. Ehrhoff was the only guy who could consistently do that when he was here. Isn't that what Garrison is here for?

Doesn't Garrison jump into the slot on PPs? Like Ehrhoff did there? (Was our 1st goal of the campaign that season btw).

Don't let prejudice or homerism get in your way. I wasn't happy with Ehrhoff's decision for money either but facts are facts. Both have offensive upside that are also very similar and both are pretty average on D. To be honest Garrison hasn't impressed me in any way in our own zone, he's only been noticeable on the PP. That was Ehrhoff.

P.S. We probably owe some credit to Ehrhoff for helping us get by the Hawks. He always produced in the playoffs against them.

Ehrhoff was pretty damn good defensively with the Canucks too. There's a reason he was voted 9th overall in Norris Voting, so please show the guy some respect. Garrison has done nothing so far with the Canucks and while he looks solid, he's definately not top-10 in the league.

Ehrhoff > Garrison, but we'll have to wait and see how good this guy is with the Canucks.

For those who said Garrison > Ehrhoff, how can you possibly make a decision based on two games????

If you judge things on a two game window, I guess Schneider should be sent down to the minors or traded, Weiss, should be cut because all he does is fall down, and Kassian should get 1st line minutes for the rest of the year.

Archived