The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison = Ehrhoff

Ugli Fruit

YOU WISH Garrison was as skilled with the puck as Ehrhoff. Garrison has a good shot and decent vision with slightly better defense than Ehrhoff, but he's more physical. However, in the offensive zone it isn't even CLOSE, Ehrhoff moves through the zone a lot smoother, see's opening better and knows when to drop into the slot. His shot is more accurate and he's a far better passer, and for a defenseman his wristshot is killer. He's one of the best in the world on the power play, Garrsion isn't on his level in that regard.

YOU WISH Garrison was as skilled with the puck as Ehrhoff. Garrison has a good shot and decent vision with slightly better defense than Ehrhoff, but he's more physical. However, in the offensive zone it isn't even CLOSE, Ehrhoff moves through the zone a lot smoother, see's opening better and knows when to drop into the slot. His shot is more accurate and he's a far better passer, and for a defenseman his wristshot is killer. He's one of the best in the world on the power play, Garrsion isn't on his level in that regard.

Vancouver has Bieksa,Hamhuis ,Garrison,Alberts and Tanev that all play a defensive game for the most part.

Only Eddy can be described as a talented, offensively producing d man on this team.

Vancouver could use an Ehrhoff.Oh,yeah,we already let him go.

Till Garrison plays well consistently and consistently puts up points, for me it will ALWAYS be Ehrhoff > Garrison. Ehrhoff one of my favorite defensemen in the league even though he clearly isn't one of the best in the league. I loved him when he was in Vancouver and wish we had re-signed him.

Ehrhoff has just as big of a slapshot as Garrison, if not "bigger". Have you seen how deadly his slappers can be? Just as accurate as his wrister. I'd honesty say both D-men have similar skating skills, but yes Ehrhoff is the faster of the two.

Garrison is more physical, I mentioned this already, but Garrison has not shown any evidence that he is an "excellent" defender. He's been quite average. He was partially to blame on the 2nd Edm goal. If anything Garrison is a rougher version of Ehrhoff, but that's really the biggest difference I could make.

Archived