The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

Dayman

Guest Gumballthechewy

???

Kassian too confident?

So in other words he has emotion? I know that's not something you're used to on this team but trust me, emotion and confidence is a good thing.

Not sure how people can complain, especially since Kassian beat the crap out of a player who doesn't deserve respect anyway. If AV had a problem with it, he wouldn't have put Kassian out with Burrows in the OT.

If Kassian keeps up this level of play, our need for a top 6 RW will be filled by this guy.

I was so excited to see Kass' reaction. It is just what the Canucks need. He needs to bring this kind of intensity every game (doesn't need to fight every game, but just bring the same energy). It is going to be hard for a young power forward to do this on a regular basis, that will be his challenge. Let's just not get too high or too low on this guy.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Kass did on home ice. If he did it at an away game then yes, that is cocky and mocking. However, he did it on home ice trying to pump up the fans. There is a huge difference where he does it and if we were playing in Edmonton than I would think that he was being a douche. That's the huge difference. One is to motivate your team and get the fans going. The other is to mock the opposing teams fans and disrespect their home ice.

I would have no problems if other teams did the same on their home ice. In fact I see it all the time where the guys would call out to the fans to make noise on their home ice.

If he had knocked eager out cold it would have been unacceptable.

What he did was awesome. Edmonton had just tied it up and instead of them gaining momemtum and possibly finishing our tired a$$es in regulation, he stops the game and fights their toughest guy, sends him to the dressing room and says c'mon Vancouver were not done yet.

He doesn't need to fight every night but that was the perfect time to engage in one and I loved the celebration afterwards. We were fading fast in the third and if there's one thing that can help you dig down deep and maybe pull off the win, its a fired up crowd.

If this guy can find consistency he will be my fav player real soon. Loved his game last night.

Seth's ok, but I think he gets more hype than other players his age because he's Popeye Jones' kid.

I thought Trouba was more dynamic in that tournament, but whatever.

It's ironic that someone on here is making a big deal out of the US world junior gold, because no one in Canada cares anymore due to the NHL coming back, and barely anyone cared in the US to begin with, let alone now :bigblush:

I have no problem with Kassian celebrating his victory and getting the fans into it. He should do that, if only to intimidate the other team and pump up his own. However I do think the Canucks' image is in limbo a bit so it came off as a bit unexpected. To be a proper dynasty, we basically have two options, both of which involve becoming scary:

1) Play a cold, clinical game of precision hockey. Forecheck, hit, fight and score with no reaction whatsoever. Play to the criticisms of the Nucks being dispassionate and take it further than they have. Never chirp, never complain. Be hockey-playing robots from Hell. This has the benefit of Rogers Arena already being crypt-like in its silence. Plus we've done this half-assedly by not celebrating goals which just garnered raised eyebrows and didn't have the \desired effect because Lappy, Burr and Kes simply would not stop chirping.

2) Get rowdy. Let Vandermeer and Kass make people bleed with smiles on their faces. Let Ballard hip check people into next week. Get Edler, Volpatti, Weise and Lappy to lay bodies on the ice constantly. Chirp constantly. Take penalties and then have our way with the half of the opposing team left playing in the 3rd. Unlike #1, this actually requires the Nucks to be colossal dicks, on an order the Bruins couldn't even match. Not really our thing.

Either way, Vandermeer's fighting and upping the physicality is a necessity. I vote 1 myself as it makes us hateable while only slightly tweaking what some of our players already do.

Archived