The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

Dayman

No way I liked it! we need that, this team has been labeled soft and weak for so long, Kassian comes in and hits like a truck and fights like a beast and I don't think we should tame that at all! as long as he doesn't do anything to get him in trouble like he has in the past. I love the Hodgson for Kassian trade, guys like this are so hard to get and teams that have them don't trade them, Kassian was a beast tonight and if he keeps this play up he's in for a great season.

Kassian is getting better at fighting. before he would just lower his head and swing widly, but tonight he stood there toe to toe with Eager and cut him open.

After Eager got caught with the cross, he stumbled alittle bit which caused Kassian to lose his balance, then Eager with his dirt tactics, rabbit punches and wrestles him to the ground.

Kassian 1 - Eager 0

B)

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

Kassian is getting better at fighting. before he would just lower his head and swing widly, but tonight he stood there toe to toe with Eager and cut him open.

After Eager got caught with the cross, he stumbled alittle bit which caused Kassian to lose his balance, then Eager with his dirt tactics, rabbit punches and wrestles him to the ground.

Kassian 1 - Eager 0

B)

Not even sure how Kassian was being cocky honestly?

He was gesturing to the crowd to get us fired up & actually making some noise, it's not like he did the "lights out" thing Asham did or the hands around the waist for the belt that Tie Domi did along time ago.

His "antics" had nothing to do with arrogance or showing disrespect to eager or the Oilers for losing the fight, it was merely to get the crowd excited after being dead silent for plenty of minutes.

I have no problem with it.

I actually thought Kassian couldn't have played that better. Very rarely is a fight justified with 5 1/2 minutes to go in a tied game by someone playing on the first line. He saw the team needed a lift, took on a true fighter, sent him to the changing room and got both the crowd and the team into the game (The Nucks seemed to get a second wind after the fight).

He is going to have up & down games but if he can get the consistency going, even at a slightly lower level than tonight, than he is exactly what this team has needed for a long time.

The only way Eager knows how to fight is either to hug someone or to hump someone. the dude can't even throw a clean punch if his life depended on it. He is just a big gorilla with a temper tantrum of a 5 year old kid. Sometimes I wonder how he can function normally in our society.

I could also use emoticons too. :picard:

Stop posting nonsense threads. Kassian beat the crap out of Eager and tried to cheer the crowd like Hordichuk used to do. The stupidity in creating a thread and giving it a title like "Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?" is what makes me question your IQ. The team has lost two games yet people try to find negatives even in some positive aspects of the game.

Great game for him and a good fight but if I'm an NHL enforcer out there I'm making a mental note to wipe that smile off his face. Too cocky just yet; maybe after he beats a few more tough guys can he gloat. And of course it goes without saying that if it was Eager doing this after cutting Kassian while winning a fight he would be considered the biggest d bag in the history of hockey here at hypocrite central. After all Eager checked a Sedin!!

Archived