Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#181 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

The problem is, this is one sided. By that I mean if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be raging mad.

Many people may say that it's no big deal or to just get the fans going, but if an opposing player did it in Rogers Arena, BAM, there would be outrage. This instance has happened before, and it was immediately downplayed because it was a lack of respect.

If you want to get the fans pumped at home, go have a good fight, but have respect when it is over. It was bad showmanship, but I understand why he did it.

I'm sure an instance will happen again during this year and I am interested to see the reaction. If there is a blow out for the visiting team and they pummel someone in a fight and "raise the roof" afterwards, would that not be interpreted as taunting and have 25 threads made talking about how that player is garbage? Objectively Always.

Funny, considering that if another player did it, no one else would be complaining. Why is this a bad thing when a Canucks player does it?
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#182 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Brad May use to do a celebration after a big fight to get the crowd going and nobody would say anything. It's only a big deal now because of the 15 year old kids we have on this forum that find ways to whine about everything, win or loss.

Edited by 250Integra, 21 January 2013 - 04:21 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#183 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

I don't have a problem with it. But he is just too naive to realize that it will take more than a fight to get the morbid corporate fanbase of the Canucks pumped up.

Edited by gradin123, 21 January 2013 - 04:46 AM.

#184 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

This is a pretty dumb thread. It's hockey, man.

#185 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

I prefer the 2010-2011 team that was more about skills. It got us to SCF game 7.

MG got so paranoid that he traded for a bunch of so-called grit and toughness. Guess what. We can't even beat the Oilers.

Um, if it wasn't for a couple soft goals, the Canucks win this one. Not to mention the Canucks are short handed missing Kesler.
:towel:

#186 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

the fact that this is even a question proves that most canucks fans are looking for an excuse to hate this kid. he needs his confidence and aside from the sedins and hansen last night he was by far our beat forward. the hodgson trade is over move along and learn to like kass. the real question should that should be asked is what does malhotra bring to this hockey club.

Edited by TruCanuck, 21 January 2013 - 05:12 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#187 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

the fact that this is even a question proves that most canucks fans are looking for an excuse to hate this kid.

I don't think most canuck fans are looking to hate Kas. Just a couple of trolls on this board are butt hurt at what he did after the fight. I would venture to say if you follow our team you know we need someone who scores and is willing to throw down. Now its here you have people that are trolling to criticize it. It's not like he gave the crowd the middle-finger to get them going... It's hockey folks, so grow a pair if your going to watch it.

Edited by SNACanuck, 21 January 2013 - 05:30 AM.

Cheers, 

Canucks fan in SoCal

#188 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I don't think most canuck fans are looking to hate Kas. Just a couple of trolls on this board are butt hurt at what he did after the fight. I would venture to say if you follow our team you know we need someone who scores and is willing to throw down. Now its here you have people that are trolling to criticize it. It's not like he gave the crowd the middle-finger to get them going... It's hockey folks, so grow a pair if your going to watch it.

100% agreed. this is why we traded for him right to score goals and hurt people

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#189 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

The Canucks need to put him on the first PP unit, and have himself plant in front of the net right in the goalie's face. It is going to make the D a little more anxious, and give the Sedins a little more space.

#190 KingstonCanuck

KingstonCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

How dare you try to inject emotion into a quiet building, on one of your best nights as a Canuck, seconds after striking the likes of Ben Eager in the face! Hang your head in shame, Zack Kassian...and think about what you've done. [/sarcasm]

Any problem caused by a tank Edler can also be solved by a tank Edler.

#191 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

I thought it was great and good on him trying to get the crowd going but the canuck crowd shows about as much emotion as a slug. embarrassing actually.

Posted Image

#192 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUXekjZLXB0

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

Too confident? This was two years coming, I hope Danny bought him dinner!

#193 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

raising your fist is not over the top. We've been playing without emotion for so long, fans don't recognize hockey when they see it. I'm tired of this even keeled approach to hockey......kill em all..............:-)

Edited by puck n icehole, 21 January 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#194 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

He still needs to grow up a little.

#195 Phantasystar

Phantasystar

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I see nothing wrong with raising your fists in the air yelling "let's go" from the looks of it being a bad thing. It's perfectly natural in football for players to show some emotion. Pitchers in baseball when they get a key strikeout like to fist pump and such.

#196 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

It's one thing to get the crowd into it and another to come across as an arrogant d-bag, imo

are you on drugs op? this is more of what the team needs, honestly without kass in the lineup we have no one willing to do anything to get the crowd in the game?! great job by kassian. maybe the op is one of the suits at rogers arena that doesnt'[ like to cheer
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#197 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image

I'm sorry... who won gold?

What the hell does that have to do with Kassian? In my opinion posting that picture is a d-bag maneuver. The US deserved to win but you seem to want to rub it in people's faces.
Posted Image

#198 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

stay tuned for upcoming threads such as; should henrik stop passing? is edlers shot too hard? and does av really need to chew gum that viciously?

Edited by TruCanuck, 21 January 2013 - 09:46 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#199 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

It sickens me that people are criticizing something so entertaining which he did for us fans. Loved it when O'Brien or tuzzi used to do it.

It's great. I hope he always does it... good to c he actually has some emotion unlike a lot of our other guys.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#200 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Needz moar KASSIAN!!!!!

#201 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

so kassian wins a fight and he's better then coho, maybe we should trade the sedins for parros, and kesler for prust

#202 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

It pumped up the crowd...

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#203 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

This is how I want this team built. This is how this team is going to win. The "playing between whistles and no chirpping" mentality hasn't worked and won't work.

In the playoffs, no such thing as playing between the whistles. We need to be a team that fights, chrips, hits, to win.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#204 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

For anyone who questions Kassians actions, all I can say is you go toe to toe with Eager, and after it is over, and if you should win, tell us how you feel? .. we desperately NEED more passion and emotion in our game ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#205 Dilly Canuck

Dilly Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

so kassian wins a fight and he's better then coho, maybe we should trade the sedins for parros, and kesler for prust

Get over your "precious coho" already. The guy never wanted to be here and all I got is bad feelings for Cody ever since the truth was exposed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I would like nothing more than to see someone punch Eager's face in, ppl calling Kass a d-bag...guys you have it backwards!!!!!!

Edited by Dilly Canuck, 21 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#206 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,218 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

he was trying to get the team, and crowd, back into the game. both needed pumping up and I think it was great.

#207 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

It was pretty epic!
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#208 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Zack showed emotion and intesity. If 1/2 of them showed that last night they would have one that game.

#209 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

i liked it....next up marchand and keith :bigblush:

This..... but the stretcher needs to come out for both of those paybacks, nothing else will really suffice.
Volpatti's turn.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#210 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Fantastic job last night from Kassian. What the hell is wrong with whomever thinks Kassian did something wrong in last night's game? This is exactly what we need in our line up people. A beast who can hit, score, and fight! I grew up watching hockey in the 80's and 90's, and this would happen on a nightly basis back then. How many of us wanted to hit Eager over the head with a baseball bat after he did what he did to Daniel in the wcf 2011? Kassian is just sending a message to that douche bag and all the other tems in the league to not mess around with the Sedins anymore. He is sticking up for our superstars that have been taking abuse from so many dirtbags over the years. What I am curious about is what he said to eager when they were on the ice and the reffs were trying to break them up. Maybe something along the lines of you can't mess with my team anymore b**ch or you're gonna get slapped. Every team needs this kind of player. Gretzky had semenko, Boston has Lucic etc. Kassian is a special player whom is still very young and is only going to get better with experience in the NHL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.