Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#211 Puckster

Puckster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

"Shades of Gino, Batman"
I loved the effort that Kassian demonstrated. Too bad no assist. Oh well laters
In my top 10 ratfinks that desperatly need a Canuck Beatdown, Eager was probaly #5. Waaayyy to go Kassian, I have been waiting for Eager to get some Canuck Love since Chicago beat us in the playoffs a few years back. He clearly had the Sedins number, back then.

Kassian, keep up the GREAT work !!!! ( A power forward that can and will get dirty, AAWWSSOOMMEE)

#212 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

so kassian wins a fight and he's better then coho, maybe we should trade the sedins for parros, and kesler for prust

Are you one of the "Dey took ma cody away" fans?

Overall Kassian is the better player for what this franchise needs.

Kass drew blood, Coho kicked a puck in. end of story.

Edited by Jordan Eberle, 21 January 2013 - 12:03 PM.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#213 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

He didn't do a huge celebration, he was just fired up after landing a good shot on a big, tough dude and was trying to get a dead crowd going again. If anything, Kass just rises yet another notch in my book.

One of the few out of 19,000 people in the arena to show emotion that night.
Posted Image

#214 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

You guys need the stop looking for reasons to hate on your own team. What is he, 20? Something like that...he just pounded on Ben Eager. Give him a break, he'll be a fan favorite around here for stuff like that.
Posted Image

#215 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

You guys need the stop looking for reasons to hate on your own team. What is he, 20? Something like that...he just pounded on Ben Eager. Give him a break, he'll be a fan favorite around here for stuff like that.
Posted Image

#216 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

He was trying to get the fans and the team pumped up, I loved it, we needed a boost at that point and he provided it. It was perfect and necessary. Kass was the best player on the ice last night. Great performance.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#217 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

He still needs to grow up a little.

What are you talking about?? He is a grown up

Posted Image

Edited by Pouria, 21 January 2013 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image

#218 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

He showed emotion....Good for him. If only the rest of the team and fans had the same passion and emotion

#219 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

The crowd was HORRIBLE last night, oilers fans were outcheering us. Kassian definitely needed to pump up the crowd because it was pathetic.

Posted Image

#220 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

He busted Eager open. I'd say that's cause for celebration.

RIP LB RR PD

#221 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Out of all the things about the team right now, this is the least bit of my concern. Hell it's not even a concern!

#222 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

???

Kassian too confident?

So in other words he has emotion? I know that's not something you're used to on this team but trust me, emotion and confidence is a good thing.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#223 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Sorta off topic but regarding Eager calling Bieksa a spot picker a few years back, look at him.

Ran away from Hordichuk, Thornton, and many other enforcers yet goes for an unproven sophmore who's having a great game?

It was the "unproven sophomore" that initiated the fight. I'm paraphrasing from the hilariously homer Sportsnet interveiew:

"Looks like Eager was maybe trying to get you off the ice, eh Zach"?

"Actually I went after him"...

#224 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Not sure how people can complain, especially since Kassian beat the crap out of a player who doesn't deserve respect anyway. If AV had a problem with it, he wouldn't have put Kassian out with Burrows in the OT.

If Kassian keeps up this level of play, our need for a top 6 RW will be filled by this guy.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#225 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

That's what we need in hockey. I did think the timing for the fight wasn't the greatest though.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#226 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Loved it!

Posted Image

#227 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

I m glad someone in the organization showed some emotion. Maybe that s what s missing with this team.

#228 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I was so excited to see Kass' reaction. It is just what the Canucks need. He needs to bring this kind of intensity every game (doesn't need to fight every game, but just bring the same energy). It is going to be hard for a young power forward to do this on a regular basis, that will be his challenge. Let's just not get too high or too low on this guy.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#229 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I loved it. Nice to see some angst. Sometimes the whole "play whistle to whistle" thing doesn't work.
Posted Image

#230 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Kass did on home ice. If he did it at an away game then yes, that is cocky and mocking. However, he did it on home ice trying to pump up the fans. There is a huge difference where he does it and if we were playing in Edmonton than I would think that he was being a douche. That's the huge difference. One is to motivate your team and get the fans going. The other is to mock the opposing teams fans and disrespect their home ice.

I would have no problems if other teams did the same on their home ice. In fact I see it all the time where the guys would call out to the fans to make noise on their home ice.

#231 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

If he had knocked eager out cold it would have been unacceptable.

What he did was awesome. Edmonton had just tied it up and instead of them gaining momemtum and possibly finishing our tired a$$es in regulation, he stops the game and fights their toughest guy, sends him to the dressing room and says c'mon Vancouver were not done yet.

He doesn't need to fight every night but that was the perfect time to engage in one and I loved the celebration afterwards. We were fading fast in the third and if there's one thing that can help you dig down deep and maybe pull off the win, its a fired up crowd.

If this guy can find consistency he will be my fav player real soon. Loved his game last night.

#232 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Btw.....according to team 1040 just now; eager not practicing today.....

Not cheering cos a guy is hurt but attaboy kas!!!! Eager had been a thorn in our side for years back to sj and chi days....
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#233 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Seth's ok, but I think he gets more hype than other players his age because he's Popeye Jones' kid.

I thought Trouba was more dynamic in that tournament, but whatever.

It's ironic that someone on here is making a big deal out of the US world junior gold, because no one in Canada cares anymore due to the NHL coming back, and barely anyone cared in the US to begin with, let alone now :bigblush:

Trouba was better, but Trouba is also a year older and had played on Team USA last year. Jones is not getting more hype than other players his age - no other draft-eligible player made as big an impact in the tournament as Jones. He was clearly a level above other draft-eligibles, so he deserves the hype he's getting.

If you want to compare Jones to Trouba, you should take Trouba from last year's WJC when he was Jones's age. And in that sense, Jones is miles better. But the mere fact that Jones is up there with Trouba at a younger age speaks volumes about his potential.

Athletes don't normally claim it before backing it up though....

Ie- Ali even though he backed it up was seen as arrogant even though he proved it.

What? Nobody thinks Ali is arrogant. He stated he is the greatest, and he was the greatest.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#234 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,660 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

That's what we need in hockey. I did think the timing for the fight wasn't the greatest though.

the timing was perfect. Shortly after the Oilers tie it up? when's a better time? when they pull ahead? it was strategically perfect, to be honest.

#235 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

@EdmontonOilers Coach Krueger says Ben Eager has some swelling around his eye and nose from his fight with Kassian, so he has a complete day off

Odoyal

no longer rules
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#236 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

2x post

Edited by Noheart, 21 January 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#237 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

First Eager, now bring on Bolland, Marchand, & stink Byfuglien!!!!

#238 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I have no problem with Kassian celebrating his victory and getting the fans into it. He should do that, if only to intimidate the other team and pump up his own. However I do think the Canucks' image is in limbo a bit so it came off as a bit unexpected. To be a proper dynasty, we basically have two options, both of which involve becoming scary:

1) Play a cold, clinical game of precision hockey. Forecheck, hit, fight and score with no reaction whatsoever. Play to the criticisms of the Nucks being dispassionate and take it further than they have. Never chirp, never complain. Be hockey-playing robots from Hell. This has the benefit of Rogers Arena already being crypt-like in its silence. Plus we've done this half-assedly by not celebrating goals which just garnered raised eyebrows and didn't have the \desired effect because Lappy, Burr and Kes simply would not stop chirping.

2) Get rowdy. Let Vandermeer and Kass make people bleed with smiles on their faces. Let Ballard hip check people into next week. Get Edler, Volpatti, Weise and Lappy to lay bodies on the ice constantly. Chirp constantly. Take penalties and then have our way with the half of the opposing team left playing in the 3rd. Unlike #1, this actually requires the Nucks to be colossal dicks, on an order the Bruins couldn't even match. Not really our thing.

Either way, Vandermeer's fighting and upping the physicality is a necessity. I vote 1 myself as it makes us hateable while only slightly tweaking what some of our players already do.

#239 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

the timing was perfect. Shortly after the Oilers tie it up? when's a better time? when they pull ahead? it was strategically perfect, to be honest.

I doubt that.
Kassian is playing first line and has scored a goal.
Veteran fourth liner takes out the first liner with momentum.
Edmoton takes momentum and wins the game.
Love the emotion and effort.Timing sucked.

#240 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I doubt that.
Kassian is playing first line and has scored a goal.
Veteran fourth liner takes out the first liner with momentum.
Edmoton takes momentum and wins the game.
Love the emotion and effort.Timing sucked.

I don't think Edmonton took momentum after the fight. It was pretty closely contested until the shootout. While I don't believe Kass' timing was perfect, he wasn't about to back down from the challange and I absolutely love it!! And it's not like we don't have other players who can play with the Sedins(Burrows??).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.