The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 things to do to survive without Kesler

Merci

1. Ebbett and Raymond out, Schroeder and Vandermeer in.

2. Burrows can't be put with the Sedins again, he is way too needed on the 3rd or 2nd line, It's time he learned to succeed without them

3. Tell Ballard to smarten the front door up or he's gone for Corrado

4. Establish a consistent 2nd line Lapierre is centering, it is clear he is our best shot at some secondary scoring the way Malhotra and Ebbett play.

5. Keep Kassian with the Sedins

Sedin Sedin Kassian - Will do nothing but make Kassian develop fast

Higgins Lapierre Hansen - Essentially our 3rd line with Kesler back, get them cycling the puck, Hansen, and Higgins can both snipe some.

Weise Schroeder Burrows - With how Weise has played it is worth a shot to see if him and Schroder can make something happen.

Volpatti Malhotra Vandermeer - Hit people.

sedin sedin kassian

burrows lapps hansen

higgins schroeder raymond

vandy manny weise

volpatti

woud be more appropiate send ebbett down he cost us the game with that penalty

our power play coach and defensive coach should be fired they are garbage we need new systems asap actually all the coaches need to go they remind me of sprout for team canada not adaptive at all way to predictable

1.GIVE JANNIK HANSEN THE PUCK.. HE CAN PRODUCE IF WE GIVE HIM THE CHANCE

2.GIVE JANNIK HANSEN THE PUCK.. HE CAN PRODUCE IF WE GIVE HIM THE CHANCE

3.GIVE JANNIK HANSEN THE PUCK.. HE CAN PRODUCE IF WE GIVE HIM THE CHANCE

4.GIVE JANNIK HANSEN THE PUCK.. HE CAN PRODUCE IF WE GIVE HIM THE CHANCE

5.GIVE JANNIK HANSEN THE PUCK.. HE CAN PRODUCE IF WE GIVE HIM THE CHANCE

Agree with most of those points, but judging by these 2 games, here's what the players deserve:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

Burrows - Malhotra - Higgins

Raymond - Ebbett - Volpatti

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Vandemeer

Ballard

Luongo

Schneider

Lapierre was on the second line at the end of last season so i say.

Sedins- Kassian

Burrows-Lapierre-Hansen

Higgins-Ebbett-Weise

Volpatti-Manny-Raymond

This is a lineup splitting up the talent however i really like when lapierre and burrows play together they have instant chemistry.

Raymond is fine, but I did notice that Ebbett isn't really pulling his weight, or his calibur of play isnt there. I wouldn't mind Schroeder getting this time to practice in the NHL, as if it were pre-season, with the absence of Kes

1. Ebbett and Raymond out, Schroeder and Vandermeer in.

2. Burrows can't be put with the Sedins again, he is way too needed on the 3rd or 2nd line, It's time he learned to succeed without them

3. Tell Ballard to smarten the front door up or he's gone for Corrado

4. Establish a consistent 2nd line Lapierre is centering, it is clear he is our best shot at some secondary scoring the way Malhotra and Ebbett play.

5. Keep Kassian with the Sedins

Sedin Sedin Kassian - Will do nothing but make Kassian develop fast

Higgins Lapierre Hansen - Essentially our 3rd line with Kesler back, get them cycling the puck, Hansen, and Higgins can both snipe some.

Weise Schroeder Burrows - With how Weise has played it is worth a shot to see if him and Schroder can make something happen.

Volpatti Malhotra Vandermeer - Hit people.

Has anyone else noticed we need more playmakers on this team??? Lots of guys can shoot, but not a lot of our guys make pro passes in the offensive zone... Even when Kes and Booth re back that's just a couple more shooters. we need to dump one of our top 6 shooters for a top 6 playmaker... In the mean time we NEED to give schroeder that chance, Ebbett has had two tough games and he knows it. I expect him to play on wednesday, but if he makes as many mistakes as he has already, he's going down for sure...

Also Everyone loves to hate Raymond and I think his biggest problem is his speed.. He's too fast for his own good. Not good at carrying the puck in or dump and chase cause he's weak on the boards. He needs to trail the play more. if he comes flying into the zone on a somewhat stationary D he can be effective, but not when he's forced to the outside. HE needs to slow down a step on the offense and then maintain his backcheck speed or improve it by saving energy in the Offensive end... He can shoot when he's got time and pretty well. I'd prefer to see him get passes in the slot than be stuck in the corners and end up on his butt. This also would help our D to have him skating no deeper than the hashmarks on the rush, even if we turn the puck over he can get back in a hurry to disrupt the transition play of the other team :D

Last thing is the canucks try and play a fast paced game. Fact is were slow. Not everywhere, but our top 6 is slow right now and this will go with time, but our older players are having trouble jumping right back into it... Makes me wonder how Jagr and Selanne can do it? They are crazy talented and put themselves in the best spot to succeed a lot it seems...

Archived