Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

A thread for knowledgable hockey fans only

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 Nuckhead13

Nuckhead13

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

It's so tough to set line #2 without a quality NHL centre. Need to get Burrows going, keep him with the twins.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Lappy - Kassian
Raymond - Ebbet - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

i'm diggin this line-up. maybe switch Burr and Kass tho. one would imagine that Burr and Lappy would have good chemistry. No? has that been tried before? i don't recall.
Posted Image

#32 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Higgins H.Sedin Burrows
D.Sedin Schroeder Kassian
Raymond Lappy Hansen
Weise Malhotra Volpatti

Against good teams we need a more balanced attack rather than be a one line team.

#33 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Vandermeer-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

This.
Really like this.
Maybe swap Kassian for Burrows if things don't work out.

#34 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Vandermeer-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

This.
Really like this.

#35 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Vandermeer-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

This.
Really like this.

#36 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Vandermeer-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

This.
Really like this.

#37 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Frankly, I'm hesitant to put my hopes completely in Schroeder so soon and have him as the 2nd line center, since he's still an unproven commodity who should not be expected to shoulder the offensive load from his debut. To be safe I think he should start off on the wing before gradually assuming more responsibility (if he shows that he's ready for it).

Dan - Hank - Kassian
(Prime time for Zack Attack!)

Burrows - Higgins - Schroeder
(All three guys can create off the rush pretty well, and they can all play two-way games)

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
(All three have speed, are strong defensively and like to make plays down low; not sure who I'd want carrying the puck though)

Volpatti - Manny - Weise
(The key player on this line would be Weise, since he showed tonight that he can drive play the other way; the other two are of course more for defensive and physical purposes but with Dale on this line it has the chance to break out occasionally)

If Schroeder's not ready or isn't good enough defensively I'd swap his spot with Hansen's, or Raymond if he's performing; was also considering bumping Weise up to Raymond's spot but I don't think it should be permanent since Raymond's kinda fragile TBH.

Edler - Garrison
(Alex has been one of the few bright spots (along with the Twins, Kass, Burr and Lu); at times Garrison's looked pedestrian but maybe he just needs time to get his legs back? Keep for now)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
(This pairing was so messy tonight, getting tangled behind their own net :picard:; for now I'd keep them together though)

Ballard - Tanev
(Keith actually looks like he's playing harder of late and Tanev's strong defensively for the match-ups he gets)

Edited by g@m3b0i, 21 January 2013 - 01:40 AM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#38 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

If they still struggle before Booth and Kes come back

Raymond - Hank - Kassian
(Raymond worked with Schroeder; Hank's def. better play maker than Jordan, plus it's not like Hank can't skate, it's just that he's so used to playing cycle games with Daniel; Raymond also plays on the perimeter but his speed and willingness to shoot and go on the rush should make the offense more dynamic)

Daniel - Higgins - Burrows
(All three are very balanced offensive guys)

Hansen - Lapierre - Weise/ Schroeder
(The 3rd spot would be up for grabs and it's dependent upon who earns it)
etc.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 21 January 2013 - 01:18 AM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#39 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Thought we were the better team tonight, 5 on 5 we were better, they had the advantage in special teams which cost us. We had a big improvement though so im not worried.

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Burrows
Higgins - Lappierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Manny - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Edler
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Lu

Essentially this but I still say Luongo should be starter or at least they play 50/50 split games. Burrows and Kassian should be exchangeable on the lines.

Luongo was average at best tonight and could of stopped either goal scored to win this in regulation or even show he can stop a shootout attempt but oh well we got the point didn't deserve it with the way the team played

Schnedier did the best he could for his start with the garbage defense the team played against the ducks and will get a chance to play against the flames and will show why he is the future for the canucks

I think that Eberle back hand was pretty crazy good for the spot he picked. Right top corner over Luongo's shoulder. He got it off quick too. I liked Luongo's game for his first full game in months, way more so than Schnieder who was overseas. Alnd I don't think Schnieder did the best he could with the start the team had. Many of those goals should have been stopped on Schnieder's part, it was part defensive meltdowns part terrible tending.
Posted Image

#40 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Vandermeer - Manny - Weise
(The key player on this line would be Weise, since he showed tonight that he can drive play the other way; the other two are of course more for defensive and physical purposes but with Dale on this line it has the chance to break out occasionally)

I'd like to know why Volpatti's not there. He's been physical, almost scored a goal and shown way better 2 way play than last year.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.