The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any good MMOs scheduled?

:D

Well, a year later and Elder Scrolls Online isn't out and people are starting to rag on it.

No info about Titan...

What about Wildstar? Anyone interested in that? Looks kind of cartooney...

Well, a year later and Elder Scrolls Online isn't out and people are starting to rag on it.

No info about Titan...

What about Wildstar? Anyone interested in that? Looks kind of cartooney...

only thing that concerns me about ESO is that it comes out in a couple months (april? march?) and there isn't a whole lot of media available for it yet. but when you DO read about, it seems super in-depth and awesome.

who is ragging on it? i have read nothing but positive stuff (if not glowing stuff) from those who played the beta

the monthly fee seems a bit dangerous in 2014 though

only thing that concerns me about ESO is that it comes out in a couple months (april? march?) and there isn't a whole lot of media available for it yet. but when you DO read about, it seems super in-depth and awesome.

who is ragging on it? i have read nothing but positive stuff (if not glowing stuff) from those who played the beta

the monthly fee seems a bit dangerous in 2014 though

That's one of the things I've read people bitching about. They say a monthly subscription isn't feasible for MMOs anymore.

Seriously no one mention eq next? That's suppose to be the next true mmorpg that resemble the uo days

Honestly not many good mmorpg out there right now as the genre is dead.

Swtor is just a single player game that was masked as a mmorpg. It's probably one of the biggest failure in recent mmo history.

Tera was fun before you reach lvl 20ish and start going to dungeons. Then it becomes just an online game with a 3d lobby

Ps2 is actually quite good once you get pass the newbie stage

Gw2 stop being interesting when they release ascent gears and push the end game into the freaking dungeons instead of open world. They abandon the dynamic world they created and turn the game into just an online game.

What's wrong with the mmo genre right now is that almost every single mmorpg is a wow clone. You basically lvl up, wait in city for dungeon queue and repeat.

EQnext is suppose to be the sandbox game that would bring back the mmo back to mmorpg. Until then the genre is dead with a bunch of online game pretending to be a mmorpg.

Swtor is just a single player game that was masked as a mmorpg. It's probably one of the biggest failure in recent mmo history.

not sure how it's a failure other than the idea people had of it competing with WOW then yes it's a failure because no MMO is going to touch WOW numbers

not going to bother looking it up but with f2p now i believe the player base is the 2nd largest now behind WOW

not sure how it's a failure other than the idea people had of it competing with WOW then yes it's a failure because no MMO is going to touch WOW numbers

not going to bother looking it up but with f2p now i believe the player base is the 2nd largest now behind WOW

Swtor is a failure because:

1. Considering the budget of the game, it went from p2p to f2p in a matter of one year. No, they didn't went to f2p because of profit, they went for that business model because its sub number had been decreasing ever since it was released. EA even went as far as playing with the number game and exaggerated the amount of player until they can't no longer hide it with all the empty servers and such.

2. it was a failure even if you look at it from the gaming point of view. For a so call "mmo"rpg, it probably has the same online feature as a typical online game. Everything in the game was heavily instanced with limited amount of players you can play with on the same map. It is basically a normal online game where they would charge you monthly fees to play the game.

Once you reach the max level, the game becomes just another raiding game with a 3d city chatting room.

face it, the game was a massive failure and the only reason it's still afloat is because of the name star wars attached to it. If it doesn't have the ip, the game would be dead a long time ago. It is the poster boy of why spending a huge amount of money and copy wow is a bad thing.

F2P of course would boost the game's player count, but it desn't change the fact that it's a bad game in its core. Hell even tera's player count is around the same as Swtor right now after going f2p.

Seriously no one mention eq next? That's suppose to be the next true mmorpg that resemble the uo days

Honestly not many good mmorpg out there right now as the genre is dead.

Tera was fun before you reach lvl 20ish and start going to dungeons. Then it becomes just an online game with a 3d lobby

Ps2 is actually quite good once you get pass the newbie stage

Gw2 stop being interesting when they release ascent gears and push the end game into the freaking dungeons instead of open world. They abandon the dynamic world they created and turn the game into just an online game.

What's wrong with the mmo genre right now is that almost every single mmorpg is a wow clone. You basically lvl up, wait in city for dungeon queue and repeat.

EQnext is suppose to be the sandbox game that would bring back the mmo back to mmorpg. Until then the genre is dead with a bunch of online game pretending to be a mmorpg.

UO was / is amazing.

I was addicted to that game for like 5 years

Swtor is a failure because:

1. Considering the budget of the game, it went from p2p to f2p in a matter of one year. No, they didn't went to f2p because of profit, they went for that business model because its sub number had been decreasing ever since it was released. EA even went as far as playing with the number game and exaggerated the amount of player until they can't no longer hide it with all the empty servers and such.

2. it was a failure even if you look at it from the gaming point of view. For a so call "mmo"rpg, it probably has the same online feature as a typical online game. Everything in the game was heavily instanced with limited amount of players you can play with on the same map. It is basically a normal online game where they would charge you monthly fees to play the game.

Once you reach the max level, the game becomes just another raiding game with a 3d city chatting room.

face it, the game was a massive failure and the only reason it's still afloat is because of the name star wars attached to it. If it doesn't have the ip, the game would be dead a long time ago. It is the poster boy of why spending a huge amount of money and copy wow is a bad thing.

F2P of course would boost the game's player count, but it desn't change the fact that it's a bad game in its core. Hell even tera's player count is around the same as Swtor right now after going f2p.

could care less whether you like the game or not the bottom line it's far from a failure especially with space pvp now end game is not all about raiding there is a ton of content to go through for weeklies and dailies

bottom line from someone who never even considered subbing to any mmo it has had me subbed since January a couple of months after it's release date so it must be doing something right

also going f2p has nothing to do with how much money the game cost and how it needs to gain that back it has more to do with the market now for mmo's being flooded it really is the only way to survive is to have some form of f2p unless your WOW which i will never understand why it got so many people played it and was instantly turned off by the character models and graphics

could care less whether you like the game or not the bottom line it's far from a failure especially with space pvp now end game is not all about raiding there is a ton of content to go through for weeklies and dailies

bottom line from someone who never even considered subbing to any mmo it has had me subbed since January a couple of months after it's release date so it must be doing something right

also going f2p has nothing to do with how much money the game cost and how it needs to gain that back it has more to do with the market now for mmo's being flooded it really is the only way to survive is to have some form of f2p unless your WOW which i will never understand why it got so many people played it and was instantly turned off by the character models and graphics

ya i am pretty sure losing 1.5 millions of subscription 10 months after release wasn't the reason why the game went f2p and I am pretty sure the 200 million budget under it didn't force them to go f2p to earn back as much money as possible

just because you enjoyed playing wow in Star wars skin with instanced every 10 steps, it doesn't make it a good "mmorpg". Even the space combat you mention was nothing more than a normal 12 vs 12 air combat game in starwars skin.

Wtf is the "mmo" element when all you can do is 12 vs 12? It's like calling counter strike a mmofps, it's just absurd.

The main reason why Swtor is a failure, like I said before, is that it's just an online game pretending to be a mmorpg. It lacks of every single element that makes a game "mmo"... But I guess in an age where people would consider diablo 3 a mmorpg, I can't expect too much.

I've been interested in Guild Wars 2 for a long time, but my computer just isn't good enough.

A bit late to play gw2 :( the open world is totally dead now and everyone would be just running instance from lions arch.

It's best day were the first few months where there are tons of people running dynamic events all over the world. Now you can't even start certain event because the place is empty with players

A bit late to play gw2 :( the open world is totally dead now and everyone would be just running instance from lions arch.

It's best day were the first few months where there are tons of people running dynamic events all over the world. Now you can't even start certain event because the place is empty with players

Heh.

I just remember how much fun I had with Guild Wars 1.

A MMO I want to see is either a midevil wartime(no magic) or a GTA style gangwar style game. We always use to think while playing WoW how sweet it would be if Blizzard and Rockstar joined forces and made a World of GTA MMO haha.

GTA online is ok but imagine if they scaled the cities to be a little larger and link all the previous cities together all the while having 100's on the map.

Been keeping my eye on Wildstar coming out this quarter or early Q2 sometime. NCSoft and a company called Carbine make it. I am not a huge MMO person but when the right one comes out I put some time into it. Not 100% sure about the art style of it but the gameplay looks promising. Here are a couple trailers.

Archived