The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Bc boy that got away

Captain-Canuck2562

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with our d core this year but how nice would this kid look in our line up. I just wish Gillis was just more aggressive and pulled out all stops to get this kid. It angers me know watching a BC boy playing for a division rival. Especially one as talented as Schultz.

I can see why lots of BC born players would actually want to stay away from here.

Usual CDC response "ya, but if they have heart then they will want to win it in front of blah blah blah". Maybe so, but it might not be worth the abuse if they don't win it all, which will be the case most years.

The way I see it is if Schultz signed with the Canucks he would find himself in a Vandermeer/Barker situation. With signing to Edmonton he becomes their 2nd man. Edmonton needed him and had an important spot to offer, we had a spot on the roster but

he'd be collecting dust as out current D lines are pretty set. It's a no brainer career move IMO.

Shea Weber? Joe Sakic?...

Willie Mitchell got away, now has a cup ring..

Shut up!

Ive been forced to make so many negative comments, im probably on my way to getting banned but these threads lately....

THESE THREADS ARE ANTAGONIZING!! Not my fault!!!

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with our d core this year but how nice would this kid look in our line up. I just wish Gillis was just more aggressive and pulled out all stops to get this kid. It angers me know watching a BC boy playing for a division rival. Especially one as talented as Schultz.

The BC boy didn't want to play in BC. He just didn't see himself getting the opportunity and didn't want to play on our 3rd pairing for 5-6 years. Who would he displace on our top 4? Edler? Garrison? Hamhuis? Bieksa? He wanted to play on the top 4 and that is why he went to Edmonton.

Our

THIS. Plus if y'all want to whine about anything it should be about our scouting staff.

Justin Shultz was drafted by Anaheim two picks after we selected Yann Sauve. Sauve is no where near Shultz (see their pt production in the AHL for reference).

Yes I know drafting is an imperfect science, but Brian Burke seemed pretty descent at selecting D-men in later rounds (Jake Gardiner, Shultz, our own Bieksa, etc)...or selecting in general (see Canuck's current core group for examples).

THIS. Plus if y'all want to whine about anything it should be about our scouting staff.

Justin Shultz was drafted by Anaheim two picks after we selected Yann Sauve. Sauve is no where near Shultz (see their pt production in the AHL for reference).

Yes I know drafting is an imperfect science, but Brian Burke seemed pretty descent at selecting D-men in later rounds (Jake Gardiner, Shultz, our own Bieksa, etc)...or selecting in general (see Canuck's current core group for examples).

Archived