50 replies to this topic

#1 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Kassian played great tonight! Which I am so glad to see. I want to see him play a bit more physical, tonight he had a couple good hits one of them on Taylor Hall. I think it was a smart decision by him to fight Ben Eager, He gave Vancouver back some momentium after the Oilers goal. He need's a bit of work on finishing his chances. But other then that I think AV should keep him with the sedins. He's a big body who will also have the Sedins back.

Thoughts?

#2 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Kassian played great tonight! Which I am so glad to see. I want to see him play a bit more physical, tonight he had a couple good hits one of them on Taylor Hall. I think it was a smart decision by him to fight Ben Eager, He gave Vancouver back some momentium after the Oilers goal. He need's a bit of work on finishing his chances. But other then that I think AV should keep him with the sedins. He's a big body who will also have the Sedins back.

Thoughts?

hes should play on that top line

sedins-kassian
raymond-ebbett-burrows
hansen-lapierre-volpatti
weiss-malhotra-higgins

garrison-edler (for some reason they seem like thier out for all the shifts with the top line)
hamhuis-bieksa
tanev ballard

isnt there a post game thread this can go in?

#3 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

zack is a beast I got his jersey and im wearing it with pride hes exactly what the canucks need and hes going to be a fan favorite for sure. I loved his goal and his fight, especially since he got eager injured. go nucks go

#4 Skittles360

Skittles360

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

POPULAR

sedins-kassian
raymond-ebbett-burrows
hansen-lapierre-volpatti
weiss-malhotra-higgins

garrison-edler (for some reason they seem like thier out for all the shifts with the top line)
hamhuis-bieksa
tanev ballard

Are you high, sir? Higgins on the 4th line?

#5 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

sedins-kassian
raymond-ebbett-burrows
hansen-lapierre-volpatti
weiss-malhotra-higgins

hamhuis-bieksa
tanev ballard

sedins-kassian
weise-ebbett-burrows
hansen-lapierre-higgins
volpatti-malhotra-raymond

I think based on how people have played it should look a little something like that instead. On topic though kassian looked great and I hope he continues to come out and try to excite the crowd and exceed expectations every night

#6 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

He scored and that bumped his pump.

We can only hope he continues to contribute.

For anyone whining about him showing the crowd after the fight, did you hear the response? He's given them more attention than the rest of the team combined so far this season... the rest of these sloths are still asleep and dreaming they're "kicking ass" on the team down at UBC

:rolleyes:

#7 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

You can tell this guy excels with confidence. He looked great tonight. Scored, kicked eagers ass, a few big hits and got the crowd PUMPED! I love this guy and this was his best game as a canuck so far.

Keep it up big guy.
Posted Image

#8 Southpop45

Southpop45

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

zack had a great game tonight no doubt about that. but the same problem remains with kassian and that is consistency. he needs to play like this every single game. hes capable of doing it. with zack, consistency is whats gonna be the difference between him being a top 6 forward or a bottom 6 forward

#9 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

zack had a great game tonight no doubt about that. but the same problem remains with kassian and that is consistency. he needs to play like this every single game. hes capable of doing it. with zack, consistency is whats gonna be the difference between him being a top 6 forward or a bottom 6 forward

I find he is consistently good when he has a chance to.play on a good line. remember his first game.against buffalo. played.on second unit 1g 1a. and obviously the goal with the twins last night

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#10 Methany878

Methany878

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

I find he is consistently good when he has a chance to.play on a good line. remember his first game.against buffalo. played.on second unit 1g 1a. and obviously the goal with the twins last night

I think he still needs to work on his finish before having him play with the twins on a consistent basis. He brings a great effort, but besides that no-brainer he converted, he missed two great chances. And for creating chances for himself, he doesn't need to be on the first line, he can do that on another one as well.

Don't get me wrong though, I really like him - especially his energy - and I hope he'll soon be at a point where he's a lock on the first or second line (even with Kes and Booth back)!

#11 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Kass in beast mode last night. Love it.

#12 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Actually I don't think he's the best fit for the Sedins. Yes he scored last night, but peoples thinks that with the Sedins you can just sit in front of the net and wait for the pass, but actually you have to be able to cycle with them, that is why burrows is having success because he does it well.

Look at the Sedins 4on4, they have trouble cycling with just 2 forwards. At one point team will eliminate Kassian in front of the net and I dont think he can cycle well with the Sedins.

The PP is another story, we need that big body in front of the net.

Playing with confidence like he did last night, I'd rather see him play a run&gun style with Kesler.

#13 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Lines should be:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Hansen - Higgins - Burrows
Raymond - Lappy - Ebbett
Weise - Manny - Volpatti
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#14 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

He had alot of passion last night. Every team needs someone who can fire them up. The only people that need something to worry about are those that have taken runs at us without repurcussions. Hopefully they think twice with this young big gun on our side. And if they don't, who cares I have no problem with him getting down with other players.

Go Kass Go!

'Merica!

#15 Dalusion

Dalusion

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just wanted to post this picture since I felt like it belonged here for any of the the non-believers.
Attached File  NucksSig.png   116.9KB   49 downloads
Kass is a beast, and I am proud we have a guy that will finally put an end to all the Ben Eagers of the world! I think that as long as he is letting the opposition know hes there and being a physical force we wont need him to put up major points (pending a healthy roster) and have these crazy expectations of him!

Edited by Dalusion, 21 January 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#16 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Actually I don't think he's the best fit for the Sedins. Yes he scored last night, but peoples thinks that with the Sedins you can just sit in front of the net and wait for the pass, but actually you have to be able to cycle with them, that is why burrows is having success because he does it well.

Look at the Sedins 4on4, they have trouble cycling with just 2 forwards. At one point team will eliminate Kassian in front of the net and I dont think he can cycle well with the Sedins.

Playing with confidence like he did last night, I'd rather see him play a run&gun style with Kesler.

clearly you haven't been watching Kassian play........he's an absolute force along the boards. His cycle game is not an issue

#17 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Sedins are probably the best 4 on 4

Edited by cmpunk, 21 January 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#18 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

First off, congrats to kassian getting some top line minutes. In his interview after the game, he was so humble admitting he's got some things to work on still. Punching out Ben Eager should be a huge boost. Splitting his eye open, even better!! Hitting everything and a one time beauty. After the fight giving it to the fans, but the fans didnt' want to win???? effin fans at rogers arena needs to be way more into the game, It felt like I was watching tennis. Way to go Kass, bright future on this team!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#19 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

I've been a little down on the kid, but he played a good game and surprised me. Lets hope he can show consistency.

I did think that weise played great with the twins, wouldn't mind seeing a little more of that.

#20 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Fans at Rogers are awful. Who care if its the 485th sell out when only half of 18,000 are making any damn noise.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#21 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I don't know if he has enough finish to play with the twins. We saw him miss the net on a few chances. It's something that will no doubt get better, but throwing him out as a 1st liner at this stage in his career is pretty dicey. Especially on this team. I think give him 1 out of every 4-5 games with the twins, to keep the chemistry fresh, but use Burrows for the rest of the time. We need that line to produce with the injuries to our 2nd, best to go with what we know works. Kass could also get some PP time with the twins. Keep the option available for the future (playoffs? and next season) but stick to Burr.

#22 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I don't know if he has enough finish to play with the twins. We saw him miss the net on a few chances. It's something that will no doubt get better, but throwing him out as a 1st liner at this stage in his career is pretty dicey. Especially on this team. I think give him 1 out of every 4-5 games with the twins, to keep the chemistry fresh, but use Burrows for the rest of the time. We need that line to produce with the injuries to our 2nd, best to go with what we know works. Kass could also get some PP time with the twins. Keep the option available for the future (playoffs? and next season) but stick to Burr.

It's the only way to develop the guy, And who are we kidding, Sedins can develop anyone playing with them. We have seen it on numerous occasions (Pyatt, Carter, King, BURROWS). Kassian has the potential to be a top power forward like Lucic that can hit fight and score, and he is only going to do this playing with them.

Sedins would make John Scott into a 25 goal scorer.

Edited by cmpunk, 21 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#23 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

It's the only way to develop the guy, And who are we kidding, Sedins can develop anyone playing with them. We have seen it on numerous occasions (Pyatt, Carter, King, BURROWS). Kassian has the potential to be a top power forward like Lucic that can hit fight and score, and he is only going to do this playing with them.

Sedins would make John Scott into a 25 goal scorer.

Yea, which is why I agree on the occasional game and possible PP time. Still think it would be best for him to see the majority of time on the 2nd though. Just so he's not gifted everything, and we also need to get Burr goin.

I would prefer he's the1st Zack Kassian rather than 2nd Luc, Lucic averages like 1 point per series, gets his face caved in by anyone his own size (Eager lol) and the last big hit he layed, was on a goalie.. :P

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#24 Chivas

Chivas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Anyone can see Kassian has all the tools, to be a very good hockey player. I thought from the first time I seen him play, he could be a very good fit with the Sedins. He can skate, he's big, he's tough, he can handle the puck, and make plays in open ice, but more importantly he can go into the corners with, or without the puck, and come out with it to make a play, he also has very good moves in the shoot out. I haven't see enough of him yet to make a decision on his inconsistency's, or his full talent, but its obvious he's young, and will make mistakes. There will always be the comparison between Cody and Zack, and I liked them both, but I would always rather play with a big tough talented player, that can really help in the playoffs, over a small talented player who could be rendered impotent in a tough play off series. Cody is very smart, and will be a very good asset for Buffalo, but if I was still playing hockey, I would sooner have Zack on my team.

edit.... that said, the team really needs a good 2nd line and Zack could be a very good part of it especially when Kesler comes back, then again Kesler will not pass the puck, making any line he plays not as good as it could be.

Edited by Chivas, 21 January 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#25 LindenTheLegend

LindenTheLegend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I am so happy we have Zack, he is such a good player, but I think the fight last night shouldnt have happened. Dont get me wrong, it was the perfect time to have a fight, but I just thought someone else should have stepped up. Kassian was playing so well, he had just scored and was playing on the top line, it would have been better if he let someone else fight eager, instead of having to sit in the box for 5 minutes and taking away his chance to play with Sedins again in the game.

#26 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Are you high, sir? Higgins on the 4th line?

No. We need balance on our lines till kes returns

#27 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I appreciate what Kassian was trying to do when he fought Eager, but we needed him on the ice more than being in the box for 5 minutes taking only Eager off with him. Kassian was just promoted to the top line and was oozing with confidence. We needed him on the ice generating offense and throwing big hits. Fighting is part of his game, but he still needs to pick the right time and opponent. Who should've been fighting is Volpatti and Weise. These guys are suppose to go out there and cause havoc and hit everything not wearing a Canucks uniform, but I have yet to see that and it seems like they're attempting to be an offensive line.

I'm quite certain Volpatti would've opened up Eager as well, but Eager is probably smart enough to not take that offer. He accepts Kassian because he takes off a top 6 player for a plug like himself. Riling up the crowd for a minute is not worth putting your team at a disadvantage
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#28 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Zack had a great game last night. I'm sure that after he gave the fist pump to the crowd MG and LG looked at each other and smiled.

#29 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Kassian showed me whats up last night! He played good. Skated well, threw his weight around, took some shots (gotta get em on net though) and got a goal.

The one thing I will say as the last post says is that the timing of his fight wasn't the best. I know EDM just scored and he wanted to get the crowd and his team going but....6:15 left in the 3rd and you are playing top line with Sedins...We needed him on the ice. He played well in his 1 or 2 OT shifts however.

Im not gonna knock on him at all. The fight was great and he is one of the only players to show any emotion 2 games into the season. For that i applaud him.

Hoping this is how he can play all season and moving forward from now on as he is exactly what we need when he is confident.

Edit: The fist pump was awesome! Love the emotion in his face and actions.

Edited by ZKassasin, 21 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#30 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Who did he play with in OT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.