The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian

CanucksHockey11

Kassian played great tonight! Which I am so glad to see. I want to see him play a bit more physical, tonight he had a couple good hits one of them on Taylor Hall. I think it was a smart decision by him to fight Ben Eager, He gave Vancouver back some momentium after the Oilers goal. He need's a bit of work on finishing his chances. But other then that I think AV should keep him with the sedins. He's a big body who will also have the Sedins back.

Thoughts?

Kassian played great tonight! Which I am so glad to see. I want to see him play a bit more physical, tonight he had a couple good hits one of them on Taylor Hall. I think it was a smart decision by him to fight Ben Eager, He gave Vancouver back some momentium after the Oilers goal. He need's a bit of work on finishing his chances. But other then that I think AV should keep him with the sedins. He's a big body who will also have the Sedins back.

Thoughts?

hes should play on that top line

sedins-kassian

raymond-ebbett-burrows

hansen-lapierre-volpatti

weiss-malhotra-higgins

garrison-edler (for some reason they seem like thier out for all the shifts with the top line)

hamhuis-bieksa

tanev ballard

isnt there a post game thread this can go in?

hes should play on that top line

sedins-kassian

raymond-ebbett-burrows

hansen-lapierre-volpatti

weiss-malhotra-higgins

garrison-edler (for some reason they seem like thier out for all the shifts with the top line)

hamhuis-bieksa

tanev ballard

isnt there a post game thread this can go in?

He scored and that bumped his pump.

We can only hope he continues to contribute.

For anyone whining about him showing the crowd after the fight, did you hear the response? He's given them more attention than the rest of the team combined so far this season... the rest of these sloths are still asleep and dreaming they're "kicking ass" on the team down at UBC

:rolleyes:

zack had a great game tonight no doubt about that. but the same problem remains with kassian and that is consistency. he needs to play like this every single game. hes capable of doing it. with zack, consistency is whats gonna be the difference between him being a top 6 forward or a bottom 6 forward

zack had a great game tonight no doubt about that. but the same problem remains with kassian and that is consistency. he needs to play like this every single game. hes capable of doing it. with zack, consistency is whats gonna be the difference between him being a top 6 forward or a bottom 6 forward

Actually I don't think he's the best fit for the Sedins. Yes he scored last night, but peoples thinks that with the Sedins you can just sit in front of the net and wait for the pass, but actually you have to be able to cycle with them, that is why burrows is having success because he does it well.

Look at the Sedins 4on4, they have trouble cycling with just 2 forwards. At one point team will eliminate Kassian in front of the net and I dont think he can cycle well with the Sedins.

The PP is another story, we need that big body in front of the net.

Playing with confidence like he did last night, I'd rather see him play a run&gun style with Kesler.

He had alot of passion last night. Every team needs someone who can fire them up. The only people that need something to worry about are those that have taken runs at us without repurcussions. Hopefully they think twice with this young big gun on our side. And if they don't, who cares I have no problem with him getting down with other players.

Go Kass Go!

Just wanted to post this picture since I felt like it belonged here for any of the the non-believers.

post-92650-0-18925000-1358786028_thumb.p

Kass is a beast, and I am proud we have a guy that will finally put an end to all the Ben Eagers of the world! I think that as long as he is letting the opposition know hes there and being a physical force we wont need him to put up major points (pending a healthy roster) and have these crazy expectations of him!

post-92650-0-18925000-1358786028_thumb.p

Actually I don't think he's the best fit for the Sedins. Yes he scored last night, but peoples thinks that with the Sedins you can just sit in front of the net and wait for the pass, but actually you have to be able to cycle with them, that is why burrows is having success because he does it well.

Look at the Sedins 4on4, they have trouble cycling with just 2 forwards. At one point team will eliminate Kassian in front of the net and I dont think he can cycle well with the Sedins.

Playing with confidence like he did last night, I'd rather see him play a run&gun style with Kesler.

First off, congrats to kassian getting some top line minutes. In his interview after the game, he was so humble admitting he's got some things to work on still. Punching out Ben Eager should be a huge boost. Splitting his eye open, even better!! Hitting everything and a one time beauty. After the fight giving it to the fans, but the fans didnt' want to win???? effin fans at rogers arena needs to be way more into the game, It felt like I was watching tennis. Way to go Kass, bright future on this team!

Archived