Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Zack Kassian

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#31 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Great game from Kassian, he was everywhere, in the middle of it. That was exactly what we were after trading for the kid, it was brilliant. Scores a goal, sees Eager running around all night throwing late hits or hitting guys who don't have the puck, so he clobbers a couple Oilers, calls out their goon and makes him bleed. Can't ask for more than that!

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#32 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Loved the fight, Kassian reminded me of a throwback to the broad street bullies of the '70's. I can't help to think though that Kassian is a skilled enough player that he shouldn't have to bear the load of scrapping the other team's heavyweights. Maybe maore of a role for Vandemeer if he can find a spot in the lineup.

#33 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Who did he play with in OT?

I think it was Burrows....A little cloudy in my head but I think it was Burr

MariOta_zps5d129115.jpg

#34 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

I've been a little down on the kid, but he played a good game and surprised me. Lets hope he can show consistency.

I did think that weise played great with the twins, wouldn't mind seeing a little more of that.

I've been a little down on the kid, but he played a good game and surprised me. Lets hope he can show consistency.

I did think that weise played great with the twins, wouldn't mind seeing a little more of that.

I agree with you I felt Weise was awsome, has good hands plus he hits and is very tenacious....Opens up room for twins...which is a good thing.

#35 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I think he should spend some time with the twins as well. Burrows is effective where ever he is needed. Zack can use that big body to make room for them & he has the hands to finish as well.

#36 Burrows/Kesler

Burrows/Kesler

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah kassian played great last night!! Played with an edge and also had a scoring touch! This is what the canucks need to make a push in the playoffs! He just needs to keep it up and be consistent. playing with good linemates helps he needs to be on the first or second line every night.

#37 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Kassian had a great game. I hope he keeps it up all season and takes it to another level as well.

RIP LB RR PD

#38 oeteman

oeteman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I loved the way this kid played last night! Wow we need some emotion and intensity and grit like that more often. Keep it up and experiement him with the Sedins.

#39 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

He is a stud; trading for him was the best trade Gillis has made so far IMHO. He is only 20; anybody remember how Bertuzzi was playing at 20?. Give him a bit more time and he could be dominant. In my perfect world we build a whole new first line around him as the Sedins age and gracefully revert back to the 2nd line (where they would be the best 2nd line players in the league IMO and where they could play until they're 40 if they feel like it). Now all we need is about 4 more guys just like him.

#40 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I'm worried he's going to get a little overwhelmed when we play tough teams being the only guy who is an intimidatiing force besides Volpatti, but he barely plays.

I'm only worried about it because he's so young right now. This could also be another reason why he's inconsistent sometimes.

Lucic could make a name for himself and do whatever he wanted because he also had Chara, Thornton, Mcquaid, Horton and other tough guys to back him up.

I think the canucks need atleast one more of those guys in the top 9 to take a load off Kassian and Lapierre in the playoffs.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#41 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I'm worried he's going to get a little overwhelmed when we play tough teams being the only guy who is an intimidatiing force besides Volpatti, but he barely plays.

I'm only worried about it because he's so young right now. This could also be another reason why he's inconsistent sometimes.

Lucic could make a name for himself and do whatever he wanted because he also had Chara, Thornton, Mcquaid, Horton and other tough guys to back him up.

I think the canucks need atleast one more of those guys in the top 9 to take a load off Kassian and Lapierre in the playoffs.

Agreed....so I don't understand why Vandy is waived.....we need this guy over Alberts, barker, ebbet, Raymond, manny.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#42 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Agreed....so I don't understand why Vandy is waived.....we need this guy over Alberts, barker, ebbet, Raymond, manny.

Yeah I don't understand these decisions, JS better be coming up since he's waived.

Edited by TheGame., 21 January 2013 - 03:38 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#43 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

@EdmontonOilers Coach Krueger says Ben Eager has some swelling around his eye and nose from his fight with Kassian, so he has a complete day off

I'm so happy about this I had to post it in multiple threads

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#44 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

This thread needs to be locked, theres already an identical Zack Kassian thread going.

#45 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

This one is bigger and better.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#46 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

This one is bigger and better.

Thats what she said. ::D
Posted Image

#47 Dalusion

Dalusion

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I think it was Burrows....A little cloudy in my head but I think it was Burr

Yep it was Burrows, Burrows was bringing the puck up the ice through the neutral zone deked past RNH meanwhile Kassian remained onside and turned a 2v2 at the blue line into a 2v1 with his acceleration. Unfortunately Burrows didn't notice him or feel he could get him the pass and took the shot instead. Kassian can get moving quite quickly for such a big body and can read the timing of elite players plays like he showed on the Sedin line when he had scored.

Edited by Dalusion, 21 January 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#48 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

First game people say he's a bust, now he's a stud. What??
Posted Image

#49 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

That's the people of CDC hopping on and off the bandwagon, I've been a fan of this guy ever since he got here.

#50 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yeah whoever has the mentality to judge Kassian to be a stud or a dud on a game by game basis is not sensible.. Let's give this kid some time to determine that. I think that he is going to be a stud. And by the way weren't the same people on here asking the same questions about Hodgson?? Also Cody has two goals so far this season. One was pretty much kicked I. And the other one went off his head. Besides that he has done anything else.

#51 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Like I have said a 20 point season would be a great achievement for the kid. 5 - 10 g 10 - 15 a would be my ideal season for the kid.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.