The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WE won t make the playoffs with Kesler gone 2 months

briana

If Kesler is gone for almost 2 months and in a 48 game season I don t see us making the playoffs this year.

You can have the best goaltending and defense but the Canucks problems the last few years in the playoffs has been our lack of scoring and it will be even worse this year without Kesler and Booth.

Edmonton and Minnesota in our division are definitely better than the previous years.

Gillis did not acccept a trade for Lou in the off season being too greedy..and this will come back to haunt him at the end of the year.

I don't see Luongo not being traded as a big deal. Having 2 solid goalies will do wonders for us as the season progresses. We have only played 2 games so far and it is hard to make a judgement call on just those 2 games.

I agree however that we need more scoring... unfortunately, I don't think Schroeder is ready for the NHL but we need to get rid of Ebbett and get someone else in that second centre position!

If Kesler is gone for almost 2 months and in a 48 game season I don t see us making the playoffs this year.

You can have the best goaltending and defense but the Canucks problems the last few years in the playoffs has been our lack of scoring and it will be even worse this year without Kesler and Booth.

Edmonton and Minnesota in our division are definitely better than the previous years.

Gillis did not acccept a trade for Lou in the off season being too greedy..and this will come back to haunt him at the end of the year.

You say Gillis did not accept a trade but the only trade that was offered to out knowledge was Luongo to Schenn straight up. You do know Schenn is a D right? How was that going to help our second line scoring?

Be patient, I don't care if we squeeze into 8th. It is not the be all or end all winning the Presidents trophy. That hasn't really worked for us past two years has it?

Gillis did say last night in the 1st intermission that Kesler will be skating with the team in the next 7-10 days so i dont see how he will be missing the next 2 months. Sounded like he will be back before Booth will(according to MG).

Also you dont know what Gillis was offered because noone really does and if he feels it isnt going to help the team then good for gillis. You dont give a guy like Luongo away. So quit crying about it.

not addressing the 2nd line for two years now is whats gonna get the canucks. Sedins cant do it all.

Kesler needs Legit 2nd line wingers for a long time now. Booth should be package for an upgrade. Raymond should not even get 2nd line ice time at all. kassian is not ready for 2nd line duty.

It also doesn't help when other teams' young superstars are getting better and hitting their prime.

Getting Legit 2nd line wingers for kesler will give this team 2 dangerous offensive lines with a great 3rd line of higgins-lappy-hansen.

not addressing the 2nd line for two years now is whats gonna get the canucks. Sedins cant do it all.

Kesler needs Legit 2nd line wingers for a long time now. Booth should be package for an upgrade. Raymond should not even get 2nd line ice time at all. kassian is not ready for 2nd line duty.

It also doesn't help when other teams' young superstars are getting better and hitting their prime.

You really think a Booth- Kesler -Raymond is gonna scare any team? The only reason the 2nd line was decent before was because of kesler. Now other teams have figured out to just cover kesler and leave the other two alone. There's lots of teams this season with a better 2nd line than the canucks. If gillis doesnt give kesler legit wingers then canucks will likely not go all the way. 2nd line weakness will be their downfall when the sedin line gets checked heavily in the playoffs and no 2nd line to support them.

Archived