47 replies to this topic

#31 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

If Kesler is gone for almost 2 months and in a 48 game season I don t see us making the playoffs this year.

You can have the best goaltending and defense but the Canucks problems the last few years in the playoffs has been our lack of scoring and it will be even worse this year without Kesler and Booth.

Edmonton and Minnesota in our division are definitely better than the previous years.

Gillis did not acccept a trade for Lou in the off season being too greedy..and this will come back to haunt him at the end of the year.

Its already been said in this thread but, Gillis said Kes will start skating with the team in the next 7-10 days.Not exactly sure how you get 2 months out of that

Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#32 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

If we don't make the playoffs this year, there will be big pressure for the twins in their final year of contract.
Posted Image

#33 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I dont care how long it takes. a 100% Kesler is 100% better than making the playoffs in a short season. He better not rush his comeback because of team performance. Also, 2 games doesnt mean we wont make the playoffs. They need to adjust and rethink their current strategy as a team.

#34 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ya but think if we could get at lest 3 solid forwards in a trade for lu and when booth and kesler come back. The canucks are going to have a wicked team.

What are you smoking?

RIP LB RR PD

#35 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Gillis did say last night in the 1st intermission that Kesler will be skating with the team in the next 7-10 days so i dont see how he will be missing the next 2 months. Sounded like he will be back before Booth will(according to MG).

Also you dont know what Gillis was offered because noone really does and if he feels it isnt going to help the team then good for gillis. You dont give a guy like Luongo away. So quit crying about it.

Interesting ... yeah know Raymond - Kesler - Kassian won't be that bad of a make shift 2nd line. Though I guess I would prefer Higgins - Kesler - Kassian but that would compromise the team's 3rd line.

#36 Burrows/Kesler

Burrows/Kesler

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Its just the first two games no nhl team goes 48-0 so we are still okay.

#37 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

What are you smoking?

Road trip to Washington state?

#38 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

laughable thread. Kesler coming back wont' help either unfortunately, he's been out for so long, no skating, no shooting. you think kesler will come back and we will win every game? Kesler??? no

Kesler on one leg and a blind fold on is still better than Ebbett. Besides, our whole team hasn't skated in months either and it shows.

Posted Image

#39 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

This is the season to have 2 number 1 goalies on the roster, with the tight travel and large number of back-to-back games. That being said, if the right deal comes along we will deal Luongo, until then accept we have talent to fill the crease every night (despite the ugly start we have had.).

Again, trying to look at the positive, Kesler's return will be a bonus, when it happens. Until then, we hang in and try to make the push for the playoffs.

#40 casofilia.canuck.nz

casofilia.canuck.nz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Oh yes we will. Even if you don't have faith I do.

Go Canucks Go.
Go CANUCKS Go.

#41 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

even if kesler returns soon...his conditioning and shot will be terrible....then again if his shot sucks maybe thats a good thing...will force him to pass
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#42 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

If Kesler is gone for almost 2 months and in a 48 game season I don t see us making the playoffs this year.

You can have the best goaltending and defense but the Canucks problems the last few years in the playoffs has been our lack of scoring and it will be even worse this year without Kesler and Booth.

Edmonton and Minnesota in our division are definitely better than the previous years.

Gillis did not acccept a trade for Lou in the off season being too greedy..and this will come back to haunt him at the end of the year.

How do you know he was too greedy, do you have his line bugged? How do you know there were any meaningful offers at all?

#43 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

It would take a collapse of monumental proportions for the Canucks to miss the playoffs. Although I find a loss and a shootout loss to be a poor way to start...i'm not willing to sell the entire season short (pun!) and place incredible pressure on Kesler to come back early just because we didn't steal the first couple games.

Let's wait till we drop 4 or 5 more in a row and then hit the panic button.

Edited by Industrious1, 21 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#44 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yes we won't make the playoffs if kes is gone for 2 months. Here's hoping he's back within a month
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#45 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74,986 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Kes is supposed to be back in February

I hope he's not rushed back just because we're down 0-1-1.

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 21 January 2013 - 05:00 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#46 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,449 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Kesler on one leg and a blind fold on is still better than Ebbett. Besides, our whole team hasn't skated in months either and it shows.

Not many can rival a healthy Kesler but Kesler of last January onwards was a travesty.
Cup run Kesler(before injured) carried this team or at least led this team while giving the team a valid second line to give the Sedins breathing room to operate.
Why he was not pulled out and forced into medical repair is beyond me.
The .org really looks bad regarding this whole ,stinking affair.
Not sure why the poke at Ebbett as Kesler beats all our center men at his game when healthy.

#47 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#48 JS40

JS40

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

LOL
Posted Image
Credit goes to -Vintage Canuck-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.