The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WE won t make the playoffs with Kesler gone 2 months

briana

Gillis did say last night in the 1st intermission that Kesler will be skating with the team in the next 7-10 days so i dont see how he will be missing the next 2 months. Sounded like he will be back before Booth will(according to MG).

Also you dont know what Gillis was offered because noone really does and if he feels it isnt going to help the team then good for gillis. You dont give a guy like Luongo away. So quit crying about it.

I don't even think Canucks fans realize that Ryan Kesler IS the second line. Without him we have no second line! :lol:

Raymond, Higgins, Booth or whoever plays on his line are just plugs so basically all we got right now is;

First line

Third line

Third line

Fourth line

...as our forward group. Plan the Parade! :emot-parrot:

If Kesler is gone for almost 2 months and in a 48 game season I don t see us making the playoffs this year.

You can have the best goaltending and defense but the Canucks problems the last few years in the playoffs has been our lack of scoring and it will be even worse this year without Kesler and Booth.

Edmonton and Minnesota in our division are definitely better than the previous years.

Gillis did not acccept a trade for Lou in the off season being too greedy..and this will come back to haunt him at the end of the year.

This team has very few problems really.

-Keslers out. That's not really a big deal except for two reasons. Ebbett has replaced him and Booth is also out.(3 problems in 1)

-Malhotra seems done. New rules take away his advantage in the circle and he's lost a step. He's still nhl caliber but I don't know if he's NHL caliber on a cup contending team. Perhaps some more time and he looks better but right now he's a weak link on the fourth line.

-(This one might be just me) Burrows looks out of sorts. He doesn't look bad but he doesn't look great either. Second goal last night was horrible coverage from him. He's looked more often than not kind of lazy. I'm sure that's not the case and he's working his little french arse off and will get back to form.

The D is looking great. Ballard is still making mistakes but he looks a lot better than he did last season and we're only 2 games in. Garrison and Edler have looked great. Best signing(s) this teams had in a while. Bieksa and Hammer also look like leaders on the ice.

If Kesler is gone for almost 2 months and in a 48 game season I don t see us making the playoffs this year.

You can have the best goaltending and defense but the Canucks problems the last few years in the playoffs has been our lack of scoring and it will be even worse this year without Kesler and Booth.

Edmonton and Minnesota in our division are definitely better than the previous years.

Gillis did not acccept a trade for Lou in the off season being too greedy..and this will come back to haunt him at the end of the year.

I dont care how long it takes. a 100% Kesler is 100% better than making the playoffs in a short season. He better not rush his comeback because of team performance. Also, 2 games doesnt mean we wont make the playoffs. They need to adjust and rethink their current strategy as a team.

Gillis did say last night in the 1st intermission that Kesler will be skating with the team in the next 7-10 days so i dont see how he will be missing the next 2 months. Sounded like he will be back before Booth will(according to MG).

Also you dont know what Gillis was offered because noone really does and if he feels it isnt going to help the team then good for gillis. You dont give a guy like Luongo away. So quit crying about it.

This is the season to have 2 number 1 goalies on the roster, with the tight travel and large number of back-to-back games. That being said, if the right deal comes along we will deal Luongo, until then accept we have talent to fill the crease every night (despite the ugly start we have had.).

Again, trying to look at the positive, Kesler's return will be a bonus, when it happens. Until then, we hang in and try to make the push for the playoffs.

Archived