Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Time to take a breather and regroup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Listen guys, we are only 2 games in to the season, are team is starting to get going a little shaking off their rust. In the first 2 games a positive is that the sedins,edler, Kassian and weise have playeed solid, other then that everyone has been fair with the exception of ebbett the 2nd line center, who had 0 for everything on the stat sheet last night.
I think we have a great first line with Kassian or with Burrows and I also think our third line is the best in the NHL which involves Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen, providing AV gives them a little time to build chemistry with one another. Thats why I was not happy when AV did a full shakeup last game, Keeping ebbett on the 2nd line and demoting Burrows and others. I have also heard about 3 people in Canucks nation criticizing the play of Burrows and Lapierre, but im going to tell u like i said before no one has played that much better then them except for the sedins,edler,kassian and weise. Burrows will get going soon by the way, and a little fun fact for everyone Lapierre put on 13 pounds thiss off season and promised to keep down the yapping so u guys should be at least giving him a little credit, not to mention that he is one of the only plus players on the team being on the ice for a goal against Anaheim and Edmonton. So lets stop criticizing players after 2 games other then ebbett who at least played in Chicago. Because we are way to nervous and we still have a long road to the playoffs.

#2 Sephix

Sephix

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Finally a post with some clear thinking!!!!

I have to agree that Ebbett needs work and unfortunately, there isn't much we can do in that department... moving Schroeder up would not be the brightest endeavour seeing as that he isn't NHL ready but HEY, you never know!

Time people time, we have plenty of it and let's take it a game at a time. We have dropped 2 games...omg we have dropped 2 games...really!!? who cares!

Once we start moving we will REALLY start moving and will do fairly well down the stretch especially with 2 top goalies :)

#3 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,559 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

The good news is, we get to play the Flamez next.
Hopefully that will kick start them.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

cdc-unavailable.jpg

#4 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

oh well, fail miserably these two games i say lose next two seasons get a couple of great young players like chicago and the oilers and start to rebuild the team. Get the coach gone so he will play the younger players. lol now thats to the extreme.. to early we will recover....
Posted Image

#5 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

It's time to panic!

:frantic:

#6 thejacer

thejacer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

oh well, fail miserably these two games i say lose next two seasons get a couple of great young players like chicago and the oilers and start to rebuild the team. Get the coach gone so he will play the younger players. lol now thats to the extreme.. to early we will recover....

quite an over reaction... just look at the standings ( yes i am aware its only 1-2 games in for teams) but still some people just dont realize its sooooo early... Philly AND NYR ar both 0-2-0 . thats worse than us and they were both touted as stanley cup contenders by many..

the canucks will be just fine... whether its first or eighth... just get into the playoffs and work your magic there... just look at the kings last year.... canucks in 94... ravens made it to the superbowl last night by being 10 point underdogs 2 games in a row....

just get in the playoffs and anything can happen!!!

no need to panic, we have the pieces to win, and the assets to help us improve before the deadline as well ( luongo, ballard(not really an asset at this point, but could be used in some package), raymond etc)

#7 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

yes
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#8 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

quite an over reaction... just look at the standings ( yes i am aware its only 1-2 games in for teams) but still some people just dont realize its sooooo early... Philly AND NYR ar both 0-2-0 . thats worse than us and they were both touted as stanley cup contenders by many..

the canucks will be just fine... whether its first or eighth... just get into the playoffs and work your magic there... just look at the kings last year.... canucks in 94... ravens made it to the superbowl last night by being 10 point underdogs 2 games in a row....

just get in the playoffs and anything can happen!!!

no need to panic, we have the pieces to win, and the assets to help us improve before the deadline as well ( luongo, ballard(not really an asset at this point, but could be used in some package), raymond etc)

yes. good.

#9 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I totally agree, Honestly, i belive we win both game this week and we will completely forget about the first two games

Posted Image

#10 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Our fans are stupid. Eventually, hopefully not for a few more seasons but eventually we are gonna have to have a couple of losing seasons to clear out all the dead wood.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#11 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

I dont think this will be a losing season. I also dont think this will be a presidents trophy season. We will still make the playoffs and with a healthy roster, hopefully can make a deep run into said playoffs.

MariOta_zps5d129115.jpg

#12 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

There have been some positives despite all the negativity around here.

- Garrison has looked great so far.

- Weise has been playing like a top-6 forward.

- Tanev has looked great and looks determined to score his first goal.

- Volpatti looks amazing physically.

- Luongo has looked solid.

- Kassian, Hansen and Sedins have played great.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#13 Burrows/Kesler

Burrows/Kesler

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

We will have to fight harder to get a good spot in the playoffs this year it wont be given to the canucks which hopefully prepares them for the playoffs where you have to fight to win every night!!

#14 casofilia.canuck.nz

casofilia.canuck.nz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

The only problem I see is that it can't be a 100 point season and there won't be any 100 points players in the team. Ok only 1 point from 4, there are another 92 available!!! We WILL make the playoffs.

Go Canucks Go
Go CANUCKS Go.

#15 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

That being said. If the Canucks lose to the Flames on Wednesday they are in serious,serious trouble.

In this shortened season Wednesday's game against a weak opponent is a absolute must win for the Canucks.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.