29 replies to this topic

#1 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Once again I saw a Canuck team emotionally unprepared to play. I expect a team as good as Vancouver to blow out of the gate. They didn't did they? They should have come out and intimidated the youth of Edmonton, blown them out. Instead they gave Edmonton hope.

It is AV's responsability to have this team ready. They weren't.

I think it was a huge mistake retaining AV. He's the weak link. Any one else feel this way?

#2 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Nope...these players are "professionals" - if they need a coach to "fire them up" then this season is over.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#3 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

well he doesnt give our young players a chance. and thats basically it, other than that hes a good coach.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#4 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Once again I saw a Canuck team emotionally unprepared to play. I expect a team as good as Vancouver to blow out of the gate. They didn't did they? They should have come out and intimidated the youth of Edmonton, blown them out. Instead they gave Edmonton hope.

I think it was a huge mistake retaining AV. He's the weak link. Any one else feel this way?

I thought they dominated for 75% of the game. They deserved those two points much more than Edmonton did. They ran out of gas in the third, as most of the Canuck players aren't yet in game shape, whereas the Oilers are.

#5 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Nope...these players are "professionals" - if they need a coach to "fire them up" then this season is over.

Isn't this what the coach is for though? AV shows absolutely no emotion.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#6 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

i agree, and personally with the lineup we have had since he has been hear, pretty hard to crap the bed and not have a competitive team. I dont think he does enough during the game to motivate his players, and yes he is horrible at giving young players ice time, and never gave Ballard a chance either just sat him and made him loose any confidence he had. when you play rome over ballard thats a very poor coaching decision imo, when a gm goes out and gives the assets he did to acquire ballard the coach damn well should give him every shot at play good minutes

#7 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,265 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Isn't this what the coach is for though? AV shows absolutely no emotion.

AV didnt even talk to the team following the loss to the Ducks because "they are all professionals"
He does nothing to motivate the players during the game.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#8 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Coach V is not the problem

#9 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

POPULAR

Then we don't need a coach, problem solved. They have played there whole life and had about all the coaching they need. It's time to drop the coaching all together on the nucks. They can get them selfs motivated, pick there own lines. Lets do it first player run team in the NHL. All in favor say eye.

#10 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Can we get through one Canucks loss without an 'AV must go' thread?

Your ideas are not original. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. These threads never say anything that the other 100+ threads haven't.

Edited by Down by the River, 21 January 2013 - 10:01 AM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#11 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

if any of us, knew as much about hockey as AV does, then maybe we would be nhl coaches...all we are good at, is complaining if people don't think the same way we do....the canucks will be fine, give them time to get into game shape...AV is fine.

#12 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

It's obvious that the Canucks are rusty, ill prepared and "content" with a slow start - thinking they can stage an amazing comeback like most years and end up on top. They are way too arrogant and not very hungry for the outcome of theis and every season.

AV has become very good at complimenting the other teams after a loss. Perhaps he's preparing for what he knows the future of the Canucks will be as they continue to age and slide downhill.

Maybe AV should watch Tort in action, get a little fire in his gut, wipe that supid smirk off his face and take his job a little more seriously. I am so tired of the Canucks not having any "killer instinct".

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#13 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of AV but he has done a pretty good job with the team. You can't knock his record but I agree with a few other posts here when I'd like to see him show a bit more passion in his interviews and during the games.

#14 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

never said one of us would be the replacement coach.

What im trying to say, is that when the team gets down, if its in the stanley cup final, last year vs LA or vs anaheim, he doesnt call the appropriate time out, he seems to never speak up when behind the bench during a game.

He has a great team to bolster his win loss record, and with kesler and booth being injured hes gonna need to be more creative to get added offense from this team.

Im sorry but im sick of seeing our team, which isnt getting any younger and no high caliber young guys coming up except for maybe Jensen.

How many years has AV had to get this team to win a cup, yes he took us there in 2011 and im aware of that. But lets be honest since he arrived hes had a pretty stacked team. A goalie who has been elite for nearly a decade, 2 of the best forwards in the league along with a selke winner and a defense that has alot of $ invested in it.

If he doesnt change his tune and start changing the way he coaches i just think he is gonna waste our teams chances at a cup. I personally think he needs to go.

stanley cup finalist game 7, then 1 year later we blow a 2-0 series lead and loose in the 1st round, to me thats unacceptable.

ive watched this team for a long time, and the system we play isnt going to bring us a cup, this is my opinion though. Presidents trophys mean nothing to me, id rather barely make the playoffs and win a stanley cup.

#15 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

We are not favoured to win it all this year.
We are not favoured to win the Presidents trophy.
We are not favoured (by some) to win our division.

Perfect. We have them right where we want them.
Posted Image

#16 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

never said one of us would be the replacement coach.

What im trying to say, is that when the team gets down, if its in the stanley cup final, last year vs LA or vs anaheim, he doesnt call the appropriate time out, he seems to never speak up when behind the bench during a game.

He has a great team to bolster his win loss record, and with kesler and booth being injured hes gonna need to be more creative to get added offense from this team.

Im sorry but im sick of seeing our team, which isnt getting any younger and no high caliber young guys coming up except for maybe Jensen.

How many years has AV had to get this team to win a cup, yes he took us there in 2011 and im aware of that. But lets be honest since he arrived hes had a pretty stacked team. A goalie who has been elite for nearly a decade, 2 of the best forwards in the league along with a selke winner and a defense that has alot of $ invested in it.

If he doesnt change his tune and start changing the way he coaches i just think he is gonna waste our teams chances at a cup. I personally think he needs to go.

stanley cup finalist game 7, then 1 year later we blow a 2-0 series lead and loose in the 1st round, to me thats unacceptable.

ive watched this team for a long time, and the system we play isnt going to bring us a cup, this is my opinion though. Presidents trophys mean nothing to me, id rather barely make the playoffs and win a stanley cup.

Exactly why I have very little interest in this season compared to last. The one 'good thing' I thought would come out of the LA series was AV getting fired and bringing some fresh blood in to work with a team that is in it's prime. But instead we get him back and we know what's going to happen when things get tough....AV will stick to what he thinks works and not make adjustments. And like the OP mentioned, he's had a STACKED team other than his first year, but even then he had a young Luongo on the top of his game.

And whilst us fans might not know more about hockey than AV, there are other coaches that know alot more about hockey than AV and we'd rather have one of those.

#17 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I expect a team as good as Vancouver to blow out of the gate. They didn't did they?

Well giving up 7 goals in the season opener kinda blows. I'd say they blew out of the gate.

Expectations met.

Edited by gushybear, 21 January 2013 - 11:13 AM.

July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#18 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

We lack secondary scoring, that is the problem.

Plus I liked how AV put Kassian back on the ice and even shift with the Sedins after he gave the Oilers a nice pass in the slot on a breakout.

Though I wish AV would have given Schroeder a chance rather than Ebbet. Works hard but he's just not NHL material. Put Kassian on the 1st line and Schroeder between higgins and burrows and I think that would be a good 2nd line temporarily

#19 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

the supporting cast looked good, it's the veterens that are looking in pre season shape.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#20 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

av problem is he sits on the lead too much.. it allows other team back in.. he needs to have the same game plan from start to finish if they are leading.. not switch to defensive sit on the lead mode.

#21 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Canucks wins first two games = AV sucks, the players did all the work for him
Canucks split first two games = 0.500 record? AV sucks, the players did all the work in the win and AV couldn't get the team going in the loss
Canucks lose first two games = AV sucks, the players are perfect, if AV told them to not make mistakes, they never would

AV gets fired up in a loss = He can't keep his emotions in check and isn't professional, fire AV
AV remains calm = He needs to show more emotion like he cares, fire AV
AV laughs his ass off = Man, that was funny, but we should still fire AV

Does this basically cover it?
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#22 TheFame

TheFame

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

This organization as a whole is what's wrong. From the media to the fan's to the head office and the coaches right through to the player's.

#23 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

i agree, and personally with the lineup we have had since he has been hear, pretty hard to crap the bed and not have a competitive team. I dont think he does enough during the game to motivate his players, and yes he is horrible at giving young players ice time, and never gave Ballard a chance either just sat him and made him loose any confidence he had. when you play rome over ballard thats a very poor coaching decision imo, when a gm goes out and gives the assets he did to acquire ballard the coach damn well should give him every shot at play good minutes

At the time that he played Rome over Ballard, Rome deserved to play and was the safer dman. Remember, Ballard was coming off an injury and wasn't playing that great. Ballard seems to have chemistry with Tanev and has been playing well.....just $4.2M is too much for a 3rd pairing dman.

#24 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Not at all, Fans in Vancouver have with the exception of not winning a Stanley Cup been spoiled over the last few seasons. Part of this is having arguably the best coach this franchise has ever seen.

Two Presidents Trophies and a Stanley Cup Finals in the past two seasons....
Posted Image

#25 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

regardless you play the guy you gave up alot to get. Just like last night imo i think we should have started schneider, give him the confidence and show him you have faith in him. You dont think he would be fresh, he played less than half a game.

And yes for the poster that said, move kassian with the sedins, totally agree. As do i agree that the 2nd line should have burrows and higgins on it, not mason fall down all the time raymond.

Sorry but the lines he chooses to put on the ice the 1st two games dont give us the best chance to win

#26 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Coach V is not the problem lack of talent and no 2nd line is

#27 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

You can talk all you want about "professionals" but the evidence is that coaching makes a big difference.

#28 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I take it you've never played hockey?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#29 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Coach V is not the problem

Agreed
Posted Image

#30 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,494 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.