The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV still a big problem

aqua59

Once again I saw a Canuck team emotionally unprepared to play. I expect a team as good as Vancouver to blow out of the gate. They didn't did they? They should have come out and intimidated the youth of Edmonton, blown them out. Instead they gave Edmonton hope.

It is AV's responsability to have this team ready. They weren't.

I think it was a huge mistake retaining AV. He's the weak link. Any one else feel this way?

Once again I saw a Canuck team emotionally unprepared to play. I expect a team as good as Vancouver to blow out of the gate. They didn't did they? They should have come out and intimidated the youth of Edmonton, blown them out. Instead they gave Edmonton hope.

It is AV's responsability to have this team ready. They weren't.

I think it was a huge mistake retaining AV. He's the weak link. Any one else feel this way?

i agree, and personally with the lineup we have had since he has been hear, pretty hard to crap the bed and not have a competitive team. I dont think he does enough during the game to motivate his players, and yes he is horrible at giving young players ice time, and never gave Ballard a chance either just sat him and made him loose any confidence he had. when you play rome over ballard thats a very poor coaching decision imo, when a gm goes out and gives the assets he did to acquire ballard the coach damn well should give him every shot at play good minutes

It's obvious that the Canucks are rusty, ill prepared and "content" with a slow start - thinking they can stage an amazing comeback like most years and end up on top. They are way too arrogant and not very hungry for the outcome of theis and every season.

AV has become very good at complimenting the other teams after a loss. Perhaps he's preparing for what he knows the future of the Canucks will be as they continue to age and slide downhill.

Maybe AV should watch Tort in action, get a little fire in his gut, wipe that supid smirk off his face and take his job a little more seriously. I am so tired of the Canucks not having any "killer instinct".

I'm not the biggest fan of AV but he has done a pretty good job with the team. You can't knock his record but I agree with a few other posts here when I'd like to see him show a bit more passion in his interviews and during the games.

never said one of us would be the replacement coach.

What im trying to say, is that when the team gets down, if its in the stanley cup final, last year vs LA or vs anaheim, he doesnt call the appropriate time out, he seems to never speak up when behind the bench during a game.

He has a great team to bolster his win loss record, and with kesler and booth being injured hes gonna need to be more creative to get added offense from this team.

Im sorry but im sick of seeing our team, which isnt getting any younger and no high caliber young guys coming up except for maybe Jensen.

How many years has AV had to get this team to win a cup, yes he took us there in 2011 and im aware of that. But lets be honest since he arrived hes had a pretty stacked team. A goalie who has been elite for nearly a decade, 2 of the best forwards in the league along with a selke winner and a defense that has alot of $ invested in it.

If he doesnt change his tune and start changing the way he coaches i just think he is gonna waste our teams chances at a cup. I personally think he needs to go.

stanley cup finalist game 7, then 1 year later we blow a 2-0 series lead and loose in the 1st round, to me thats unacceptable.

ive watched this team for a long time, and the system we play isnt going to bring us a cup, this is my opinion though. Presidents trophys mean nothing to me, id rather barely make the playoffs and win a stanley cup.

never said one of us would be the replacement coach.

What im trying to say, is that when the team gets down, if its in the stanley cup final, last year vs LA or vs anaheim, he doesnt call the appropriate time out, he seems to never speak up when behind the bench during a game.

He has a great team to bolster his win loss record, and with kesler and booth being injured hes gonna need to be more creative to get added offense from this team.

Im sorry but im sick of seeing our team, which isnt getting any younger and no high caliber young guys coming up except for maybe Jensen.

How many years has AV had to get this team to win a cup, yes he took us there in 2011 and im aware of that. But lets be honest since he arrived hes had a pretty stacked team. A goalie who has been elite for nearly a decade, 2 of the best forwards in the league along with a selke winner and a defense that has alot of $ invested in it.

If he doesnt change his tune and start changing the way he coaches i just think he is gonna waste our teams chances at a cup. I personally think he needs to go.

stanley cup finalist game 7, then 1 year later we blow a 2-0 series lead and loose in the 1st round, to me thats unacceptable.

ive watched this team for a long time, and the system we play isnt going to bring us a cup, this is my opinion though. Presidents trophys mean nothing to me, id rather barely make the playoffs and win a stanley cup.

We lack secondary scoring, that is the problem.

Plus I liked how AV put Kassian back on the ice and even shift with the Sedins after he gave the Oilers a nice pass in the slot on a breakout.

Though I wish AV would have given Schroeder a chance rather than Ebbet. Works hard but he's just not NHL material. Put Kassian on the 1st line and Schroeder between higgins and burrows and I think that would be a good 2nd line temporarily

Archived