173 replies to this topic

#1 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,896 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

@WharnsbyCBC: Van places Jim Vandermeer on waivers.

307mg00.jpg

#2 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

POPULAR

Was just coming here to post that:

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
Vandermeer (VAN) on waivers today.

Guess Schroeder is coming back up?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

YAY SCHROEDER (oh god I hope) (please AV/MG please)

Edited by Niloc009, 21 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

zuhwS.gif

#4 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hope no one claims him. He really wants to play for us.

But here comes Schroeder.
Posted Image

#5 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I guess I'll be redundant and say how this means Schroeder is coming up.
Hope he doesn't get picked off.
Posted Image

#6 Topshelfer

Topshelfer

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Vandermeer: 2 Games in, no game action, didn't even break a sweat, Story of my life! :sadno:
Posted ImageI frequent the "RED LIGHT" district!

#7 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yep, Schroeder is comin up!

No source, just simple math

Posted Image

#8 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Vandermeer: 2 Games in, no game action, didn't even break a sweat, Story of my life! :sadno:

Vandermeer further elaborated: I'm so pissed when I get to the Wolves I'm gonna work really hard and break a Sweatt!
Posted Image

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,742 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Really hope he doesn't get plucked

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#10 Dilly Canuck

Dilly Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Don't really care if he gets claimed or not, I'm just excited for Schroeder's first potential game!

#11 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Don't really care if he gets claimed or not, I'm just excited for Schroeder's first potential game!

I don't know. I read that the guy has been lodging in Vancouver for months for a contract. Hopefully he gets some game action. If for nothing else but to prove that he ain't got it any more.
Posted Image

#12 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Why didn't they waive Barker? Vandermeer has a higher chance of getting picked up...

BTW - How does the waivers work under the new CBA? If someone snatches him, do the Canucks get first claim for the next eligible waiver player?

#13 LindenTheLegend

LindenTheLegend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Its smarter to send Vandermer down because he is on a two-way contract so the Canucks have to pay him less money if he is playing in the AHL. Also with Alberts you have the same kind of player, I still think we should move Alberts for a late round pick, jsut because of his cap hit compared to Vandermeer and Barker.

#14 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Don't think Vandermeer would have done any more harm then Ballard this weekend. At least he's intimidating a bit. Would rather have seen Barker or Volpatti waived, but, that's just me.

#15 LindenTheLegend

LindenTheLegend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Don't think Vandermeer would have done any more harm then Ballard this weekend. At least he's intimidating a bit. Would rather have seen Barker or Volpatti waived, but, that's just me.

Why woudl you waive volpatti, he has been playing really well and earned all of his ice time. Moving Vandermeer is kinda weird though, because he can slot onto the fourth line if need be.

#16 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I don't know. I read that the guy has been lodging in Vancouver for months for a contract. Hopefully he gets some game action. If for nothing else but to prove that he ain't got it any more.

Yes, I went to school with his wife. Heard Jim is a real solid guy and his team mates love him. Was really happy they were gonna settle down here for a bit. Hopefully, he doesn't get plucked and gets his chance here as the season moves on.

#17 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Why didn't they waive Barker? Vandermeer has a higher chance of getting picked up...

BTW - How does the waivers work under the new CBA? If someone snatches him, do the Canucks get first claim for the next eligible waiver player?

The writing is on the wall with Ballard (he'll be gone this summer) so the Canucks want to have a LONG, up close look at Barker's work ethic and off ice activities to see if he could fill that vacancy.

You're right about Vandemeer being more likely to be picked up but whatya do? We know Vandemeer is a character guy. We don't know that about Barker as of yet. We do know that management wants them both and Vandemeer will likely take over Alberts' spot next year.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#18 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

too bad great veteran would rather put alberts on waivers

#19 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

We do know that management wants them both and Vandemeer will likely take over Alberts' spot next year.

Yeah 1.225M is quite a cap hit for a depth D.
Posted Image

#20 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

POPULAR

Vandermeer further elaborated: I'm so pissed when I get to the Wolves I'm gonna work really hard and break a Sweatt!

His Lack of Sterling play has prevented him from Joslin for a position on the Canucks. He should be Mullen his play over the next few weeks or else he and the horse he Rodin on will be Friesen for the rest of the season in Chicago instead of in the Hunt for the Stanley Cup in Cannata.

#21 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Who are you kidding? Barker has some former pedigree and with the current contract would be gone in a heartbeat. Puck moving D-man 2 years (injury-plagued) removed from a 40-point season. I liked the Vandemeer signing but he's a fringe NHL'er at this point.
Posted Image

#22 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Jim Vandermeer will be picked up, I can't see a team passing him up, I can see a team like the Rangers or the Capitals takinga swype at him,

But back to who comes up it better be Schroeder...if its Desbiens or someone like that I will be super PO

2moy3iq.png

#23 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Some one once said if you keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results it means your are Insane. Canucks keep trying to win the Cup with a soft team year after year.

They should have kept Vandermeer and put him in the lineup when a tough team comes to town. He doesn't need to play big minutes or to play every game. They could even dress 7 Dmen for those games. Hopefully Vandermeer doesn't get claimed.

This is a ridiculous move. I thought MG had learned after losing to LA and BOS the last 2 years.

#24 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

POPULAR

Some one once said if you keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results it means your are Insane. Canucks keep trying to win the Cup with a soft team year after year.

They should have kept Vandermeer and put him in the lineup when a tough team comes to town. He doesn't need to play big minutes or to play every game. They could even dress 7 Dmen for those games. Hopefully Vandermeer doesn't get claimed.

This is a ridiculous move. I thought MG had learned after losing to LA and BOS the last 2 years.

You see this, folks?
This is why an average joe isn't a GM.

#25 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

LA and Boston didn't win the cup because they were "tougher" than everyone else, but nice try.

Horrified at the fact that Barker moves up the depth chart, but at least we'll get to see Schroeder. Mixed emotions.

#26 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Would have been happier seeing Alberts go down. Vandermeer's versatility and grit will be sorely missed if he's picked up, especialy in the playoffs.
Would rather send Ebbet down it's not like anyone else is likely to claim him!

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#27 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,744 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Would have preferred they send Barker from a skill set perspective but it's a dollars and cents business...soooo. Here's hoping we don't lose him!
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

You are quite attached to a player that the Canucks signed to a 2-way contract less then 2 weeks ago.
Posted Image

#29 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Barker refocused only 26 contract is stellar.
I really want Vandermeer to stay because this team is sorely lacking a tough guy , with him in the lineup were solid in grit.
Vandermeer, KAssian,Volpatti,Bieksa ,Wiese etc...better grit but if VAndermeer gets picked up we will need to get someone else
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#30 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

You see this, folks?
This is why an average joe isn't a GM.

LA and Boston didn't win the cup because they were "tougher" than everyone else, but nice try.

Horrified at the fact that Barker moves up the depth chart, but at least we'll get to see Schroeder. Mixed emotions.

How quick yo forget. Hamhuis, our best Dman tried to lay a hit on Lucic and was out for the SCF. I guess Lucic's size and toughness had nothing to do with Hammer's injury.

Brown ran around and had his way with the Canucks and all of CDC was up in arms. Countless threads on Brown's ugly mug.

Only an ignorant NHL fan would say Canucks aren't soft. Even Vandermeer him self said the word around the league is Canucks can be pushed around and he could help in that department.

Every hockey fan in Canada knows Canucks are soft.

Edited by WHL rocks, 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.