Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

174 posts in this topic

@WharnsbyCBC: Van places Jim Vandermeer on waivers.

YAY SCHROEDER (oh god I hope) (please AV/MG please)

Hope no one claims him. He really wants to play for us.

But here comes Schroeder.

Vandermeer: 2 Games in, no game action, didn't even break a sweat, Story of my life! :sadno:

Yep, Schroeder is comin up!

No source, just simple math

Vandermeer: 2 Games in, no game action, didn't even break a sweat, Story of my life! :sadno:

Don't really care if he gets claimed or not, I'm just excited for Schroeder's first potential game!

Don't really care if he gets claimed or not, I'm just excited for Schroeder's first potential game!

Why didn't they waive Barker? Vandermeer has a higher chance of getting picked up...

BTW - How does the waivers work under the new CBA? If someone snatches him, do the Canucks get first claim for the next eligible waiver player?

Its smarter to send Vandermer down because he is on a two-way contract so the Canucks have to pay him less money if he is playing in the AHL. Also with Alberts you have the same kind of player, I still think we should move Alberts for a late round pick, jsut because of his cap hit compared to Vandermeer and Barker.

Don't think Vandermeer would have done any more harm then Ballard this weekend. At least he's intimidating a bit. Would rather have seen Barker or Volpatti waived, but, that's just me.

Don't think Vandermeer would have done any more harm then Ballard this weekend. At least he's intimidating a bit. Would rather have seen Barker or Volpatti waived, but, that's just me.

I don't know. I read that the guy has been lodging in Vancouver for months for a contract. Hopefully he gets some game action. If for nothing else but to prove that he ain't got it any more.

Why didn't they waive Barker? Vandermeer has a higher chance of getting picked up...

BTW - How does the waivers work under the new CBA? If someone snatches him, do the Canucks get first claim for the next eligible waiver player?

too bad great veteran would rather put alberts on waivers

We do know that management wants them both and Vandemeer will likely take over Alberts' spot next year.