The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

Here is someone who has no idea what they are talking about claiming to be expert on the subject.

A punch to the back of head is way more dangerous and damaging then a punch to the face.

A punch to the back of head is banned in fighting sports because it can cause severe damage. The back of the head is the most fragile part of the head.

Why is waiving Vandermeer such a big deal here? If he was that good, we wouldn't be having this discussion here at all.. but he isn't, so we are. So he is expendable.

But for the sakes of the debate, I would rather have waived Andrew Alberts. The loss there wouldn't have made much difference. He might have some moments, but most of the time he is just a burden cap-wise. Both Barker and Vandermeer could easily have filled the void Alberts could potentially have left us with...

Go Schroeder!

Why is waiving Vandermeer such a big deal here? If he was that good, we wouldn't be having this discussion here at all.. but he isn't, so we are. So he is expendable.

But for the sakes of the debate, I would rather have waived Andrew Alberts. The loss there wouldn't have made much difference. He might have some moments, but most of the time he is just a burden cap-wise. Both Barker and Vandermeer could easily have filled the void Alberts could potentially have left us with...

Go Schroeder!

Man your entire reply is the most hypocritical thing I have seen on CDC all day. You are just arguing now for the sake of arguing, see what I did there?

But seriously reading all your posts on this topic I am not sure if your just really upset over the fact Vandy might be claimed or this is your way of feeling correct is just to disagree with everything everyone else is saying just for the fun of it.

Well that is two of my own hypocritical comments for you!

Also I really hope we don't lose Vandy since he would be nice to have in place of injuries or if we get up against a tough playoff team and need some extra grit.

On the punches to the back of the head...hitting anyone anywhere in the head with similar force is almost equally bad! Also that was an unsportsmanlike thing for Eager to do in the NHL...this is not the UFC.

How quick yo forget. Hamhuis, our best Dman tried to lay a hit on Lucic and was out for the SCF. I guess Lucic's size and toughness had nothing to do with Hammer's injury.

Brown ran around and had his way with the Canucks and all of CDC was up in arms. Countless threads on Brown's ugly mug.

Only an ignorant NHL fan would say Canucks aren't soft. Even Vandermeer him self said the word around the league is Canucks can be pushed around and he could help in that department.

Every hockey fan in Canada knows Canucks are soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz0jU

Archived