The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

Some one once said if you keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results it means your are Insane. Canucks keep trying to win the Cup with a soft team year after year.

They should have kept Vandermeer and put him in the lineup when a tough team comes to town. He doesn't need to play big minutes or to play every game. They could even dress 7 Dmen for those games. Hopefully Vandermeer doesn't get claimed.

This is a ridiculous move. I thought MG had learned after losing to LA and BOS the last 2 years.

Some one once said if you keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results it means your are Insane. Canucks keep trying to win the Cup with a soft team year after year.

They should have kept Vandermeer and put him in the lineup when a tough team comes to town. He doesn't need to play big minutes or to play every game. They could even dress 7 Dmen for those games. Hopefully Vandermeer doesn't get claimed.

This is a ridiculous move. I thought MG had learned after losing to LA and BOS the last 2 years.

Barker refocused only 26 contract is stellar.

I really want Vandermeer to stay because this team is sorely lacking a tough guy , with him in the lineup were solid in grit.

Vandermeer, KAssian,Volpatti,Bieksa ,Wiese etc...better grit but if VAndermeer gets picked up we will need to get someone else

How quick yo forget. Hamhuis, our best Dman tried to lay a hit on Lucic and was out for the SCF. I guess Lucic's size and toughness had nothing to do with Hammer's injury.

Brown ran around and had his way with the Canucks and all of CDC was up in arms. Countless threads on Brown's ugly mug.

Only an ignorant NHL fan would say Canucks aren't soft. Even Vandermeer him self said the word around the league is Canucks can be pushed around and he could help in that department.

Every hockey fan in Canada knows Canucks are soft.

How quick yo forget. Hamhuis, our best Dman tried to lay a hit on Lucic and was out for the SCF. I guess Lucic's size and toughness had nothing to do with Hammer's injury.

Brown ran around and had his way with the Canucks and all of CDC was up in arms. Countless threads on Brown's ugly mug.

Only an ignorant NHL fan would say Canucks aren't soft. Even Vandermeer him self said the word around the league is Canucks can be pushed around and he could help in that department.

Every hockey fan in Canada knows Canucks are soft.

That's great.

Lucic and Brown also happen to be very useful players, the latter of whom managed to average a PPG in his team's Stanley Cup run.

I'm not saying the Canucks aren't "soft"; I'm saying that it means absolutely nothing. The only negative about waiving Vandermeer is that Barker becomes our #8 defenseman.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I would have sent Ebbett packing, first off if Schroeder is coming up then we don't need him and even if he isn't we don't need him and who in their right mind would clame Ebbett!?

Archived