173 replies to this topic

#151 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Would rather have Vandermeer than Barker. Way more physical and much better suited for the playoffs.

Hopefully he doesn't get snagged but I could definately see it happen. 9 NHL defencemen down to 8 would be shocking.
Posted Image

#152 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

How long does it take for him to pass waivers?
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#153 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

How long does it take for him to pass waivers?

INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#154 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Wow somebodies arrogant today.

I don't care how much MMA knowledge you have, or whether it's illegal in other sports.

We're talking about hockey here. Hockey fighting has way different dynamics than regular fighting. You're standing on skates and swinging around. You're not pounding a guys head into a mat.

And again, Eager didn't even practice today. So I would say the damage to him was a little bit more than a cut to the eyebrow.

No doubt. Can't this guy accept the fact that clearly Eager felt he was losing, so he resorted to "illegal" blows and had to take down the guy even if it meant bringing him down on top, just so he could end the fight? It was 60%-40%, just accept it, then move on from this thread.

#155 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

hope he clears..

as for kassian i think he won the fight but either way what i really liked about that fight was he did not wait until Eager did something to the Sedins.
We all know what kind of a player Eager is and i can bet you he was not on the ice against the Sedins to do anything else then intimidate them (or run them if he gets the chance) I don't know if that is what Kass was thinking but he ended up taking Eager out of the game for a minimum of 5 min were the Sedins and everyone else can play with a little less worry about being run.
So he took him self off the Ice for 5 min how would everyone be reacting if a Sedin was run by this guy again and actually got hurt.

Win or Lose he did the right thing.

off topic but the way I saw it Eager came after Kassian. Had to pay for taking a run at Hall.

Anyway hopefully vandermeer wont be claimed so we can use him later. I believe Canucks waited as long as they could waiving him for other teams to set their rosters. This was most likely the plan all along. Just minimizing the risk of loosing him.

#156 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image

me thinks kassian won... and i think eager is even listed day to day now..

That's ouch for days.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#157 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#158 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

DregerFace reports that: Vandermeer and Stewart clear Waivers.

Commissioner of 2014-2015 Shapheat Fantasy Hockey League

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#159 - PikaBOO -

- PikaBOO -

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Vandermeer and Stewart clear Waivers.

#160 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Good . Vandy cleared. Now he can be recalled at any time without risk of losing him to re-entry waivers since there are no re-waiver in the new CBA.

#161 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Why didn't they waive Barker? Vandermeer has a higher chance of getting picked up...

BTW - How does the waivers work under the new CBA? If someone snatches him, do the Canucks get first claim for the next eligible waiver player?

No, the team that finished last gets first crack at him, if they pass then the next team does, and so on. It has no bearing on the Canucks ability to pick up a player off of waivers

#162 Dalusion

Dalusion

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Here is someone who has no idea what they are talking about claiming to be expert on the subject.

A punch to the back of head is way more dangerous and damaging then a punch to the face.

A punch to the back of head is banned in fighting sports because it can cause severe damage. The back of the head is the most fragile part of the head.

Man your entire reply is the most hypocritical thing I have seen on CDC all day. You are just arguing now for the sake of arguing, see what I did there?
But seriously reading all your posts on this topic I am not sure if your just really upset over the fact Vandy might be claimed or this is your way of feeling correct is just to disagree with everything everyone else is saying just for the fun of it.
Well that is two of my own hypocritical comments for you!
Also I really hope we don't lose Vandy since he would be nice to have in place of injuries or if we get up against a tough playoff team and need some extra grit.
On the punches to the back of the head...hitting anyone anywhere in the head with similar force is almost equally bad! Also that was an unsportsmanlike thing for Eager to do in the NHL...this is not the UFC.

#163 Dalusion

Dalusion

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Good . Vandy cleared. Now he can be recalled at any time without risk of losing him to re-entry waivers since there are no re-waiver in the new CBA.

By the time I had posted my previous post without refresh I saw this!
YAY!

#164 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,116 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

@benkuzma: Vandermeer clears waivers for re-assignment to Chicago Wolves. The Canucks may recall Jordan Schroeder.

307mg00.jpg

#165 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Vandermeer and Stewart clear Waivers.

Phew! REALLY wanted to hang on to him for later this year! :towel:

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#166 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Phew! REALLY wanted to hang on to him for later this year! :towel:

I don't mean to offend but why be excited that a guy on a two-way deal making the league minimum clears waivers?

#167 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,738 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Of course he cleared. I'm not surprised.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#168 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

I don't mean to offend but why be excited that a guy on a two-way deal making the league minimum clears waivers?

When the rules change later this year and we normally start getting pushed around leading in to and including the playoffs, this guy will be a valuable addition and EXACTLY what this team is lacking.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#169 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Why is waiving Vandermeer such a big deal here? If he was that good, we wouldn't be having this discussion here at all.. but he isn't, so we are. So he is expendable.

But for the sakes of the debate, I would rather have waived Andrew Alberts. The loss there wouldn't have made much difference. He might have some moments, but most of the time he is just a burden cap-wise. Both Barker and Vandermeer could easily have filled the void Alberts could potentially have left us with...

Go Schroeder!
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#170 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Why is waiving Vandermeer such a big deal here? If he was that good, we wouldn't be having this discussion here at all.. but he isn't, so we are. So he is expendable.

But for the sakes of the debate, I would rather have waived Andrew Alberts. The loss there wouldn't have made much difference. He might have some moments, but most of the time he is just a burden cap-wise. Both Barker and Vandermeer could easily have filled the void Alberts could potentially have left us with...

Go Schroeder!

Cap space

Also, it's not about how "good" he is. It's about his skill set. He has one the team otherwise lacks.

Edited by J.R., 22 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#171 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Not surprised he cleared, I was expecting him to clear.

Great for us, we get much needed help offensively (And give a rookie a much deserved chance) without losing a decent depth guy that bring nice things for us.

No surprise but its great news really.

zackass.png

#172 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Man your entire reply is the most hypocritical thing I have seen on CDC all day. You are just arguing now for the sake of arguing, see what I did there?
But seriously reading all your posts on this topic I am not sure if your just really upset over the fact Vandy might be claimed or this is your way of feeling correct is just to disagree with everything everyone else is saying just for the fun of it.
Well that is two of my own hypocritical comments for you!
Also I really hope we don't lose Vandy since he would be nice to have in place of injuries or if we get up against a tough playoff team and need some extra grit.
On the punches to the back of the head...hitting anyone anywhere in the head with similar force is almost equally bad! Also that was an unsportsmanlike thing for Eager to do in the NHL...this is not the UFC.

Strikes to the back of the head are illegal in the UFC and in boxing....because of the danger if the proximity of the brain stem....

The objective of hockey fights since time eternal had been to punch the face although at times obviously punches to the head happen....but physically if you are punching the back of a head you aren't facing your opponent which is considered cheap....kind of like jerseying, punching down on the ice, takedowns, and the worst - calling in the refs.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#173 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

How quick yo forget. Hamhuis, our best Dman tried to lay a hit on Lucic and was out for the SCF. I guess Lucic's size and toughness had nothing to do with Hammer's injury.

Brown ran around and had his way with the Canucks and all of CDC was up in arms. Countless threads on Brown's ugly mug.

Only an ignorant NHL fan would say Canucks aren't soft. Even Vandermeer him self said the word around the league is Canucks can be pushed around and he could help in that department.

Every hockey fan in Canada knows Canucks are soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz0jU

No, lmfao. It didn't. Lucic was airborne. How did his toughness have ANYTHING to do with that? Seriously.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#174 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Coz he is the only one on our team who can take on the likes of Lucic and Thornton without getting rag dolled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.