The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noise level at Rogers Arena

Steve Carell

Canucks should offer a copyrighted "Official Mayhem Leader" jersey. One condition being you must constantly be "making some noise"

Anyone caught slacking gets their jersey taken away..................a pure status cymbal. :emot-parrot:

the biggest problem is fan complacency and skepticism. this same core of players has been here for years and has gone as far as it possibly can without winning. the fans are too used to seeing the same players 40 times a year every year (remember, 17000 of the 18800 and change are season ticket holders, and when you're at almost every game, it becomes pretty ordinary), especially because they aren't confident that they can get the job done.

the fans in the building won't be excited again until the team puts its money where it's mouth is and surprises them with a cup.

the other solution would be to refund the blue line waiting list fees for people on there, cap season tickets at 10000 instead of 17000 and raffle them off to all the current season ticket holders and the blue line folks, and then lower the price of the remaining 8800+ tickets to drive in a more diverse and enthusiastic crowd.

Upper deck seem pretty rowdy to me. But the lower deck means more money means a ticket holder who may not be someone who is a little more PC when it comes to acting out or jumping up and down at a game.

Besides look at what happened on here when someone tried to get the crowd into the game(Kass's fight) and some of the negative post we got from that. Thankfully most were supportive of our boy, but still can't even believe people questioned it.

RA needs cheerleaders simple as that. you know...cheer leaders

or

why only one mascot for 20000 people?

I wore my canucks tshirt to a flames game. it said "harvey is a fleabag" on the back. what chance did i have of the mutt making it to my section and getting in a scrap with me.

I'm sorry to say that I've only ever been to 2 live Canucks games( I live on the upper island/tickets can be hard to get). The games were both in 2011, they were consecutive, and we kicked a$$ in both of them.

The first game I wasn't all that noisy because I was simply in awe and was just absorbing the whole experience. The second game, my wife and I got pre-drunk with some friends at our hotel and we later got carried away even more with the 8 dollar beers at Rogers. We were in the second deck if I remember correctly and we were as noisy as could be and cheering like crazy. Nobody around us was as boisterous as we were and no ushers or anybody told us to stop. Maybe things have changed in the last 2 years but it seemed to me like our behavior was acceptable at the time.

I have too.

I haven't been to a game at RA in years. Its way too quiet.

For that price, I should be able to cheer as loudly and passionately as I want.

Having to "tone it down" is ridiculous. It takes away from the overall experience.

They should consider having a rowdy section.

Perhaps with standing room.

Loud, rowdy people can be loud and rowdy without affecting others.

Having a concentrated group of vocal fans, would be much more effective in

getting and sustaining chants.

I was SO disappointed in the season opener crowd reaction in my section. I mean, we'd been without hockey for a long period and the atmosphere provided BY the organization was fantastic...prize giveaways, lots of stuff going on (HNIC game). People lined up outside with a buzz in the air...then we got inside and - D.E.A.D.

My section was horrible. People were more interested in texting and talking back and forth about everything BUT the game. No one cheered at all...the only ones were two kids situated around me who joined in with me. While you can't force people to participate, it would be nice if people going to the games actually cared about the outcome (vs simply showing up so they could instagram that they were there).

No worries, I did my part.

"the biggest problem is fan complacency and skepticism. this same core of players has been here for years and has gone as far as it possibly can without winning. the fans are too used to seeing the same players 40 times a year every year (remember, 17000 of the 18800 and change are season ticket holders, and when you're at almost every game, it becomes pretty ordinary), especially because they aren't confident that they can get the job done."

Did you actually read that tripe before posting..............are you seriously saying a serial playoff contender is not enough to get a crowd behind them? If any part of that was true it would be grounds enough in my eyes to shut the place down.

I remember going to games at Pacific Colliseum and people would cheer loud for pretty much every good play. Good pass, good check, good save, good pk or pp. Now people seem to only cheer for goals mostly. I only go to about one game per year but I try to keep that tradition up, but Im only one guy going to one game. I think that another reason for the lack of noise is that we are spoiled. We have pretty much made the playoffs, won the division every year plus 2 presidents trophies. We have two of the best players, who are twin brothers, that provide some of the best hockey and we have seen it soo much its not so special anymore. Still blows me away when I see them out numbered and outsized and own the puck. We have the best goalie in franchise history by a landslide, and we cant seem to get rid of him fast enough.

"the biggest problem is fan complacency and skepticism. this same core of players has been here for years and has gone as far as it possibly can without winning. the fans are too used to seeing the same players 40 times a year every year (remember, 17000 of the 18800 and change are season ticket holders, and when you're at almost every game, it becomes pretty ordinary), especially because they aren't confident that they can get the job done."

Did you actually read that tripe before posting..............are you seriously saying a serial playoff contender is not enough to get a crowd behind them? If any part of that was true it would be grounds enough in my eyes to shut the place down.

i am indeed saying that seriously. just because it SHOULDN'T be the case doesn't mean it ISN'T the case. go to a game. talk to some casual fans. listen to the radio. read the horsecrap that tony gallagher writes and canuck fans regurgitate.

it's the sad truth. canucks fans feel that they're entitled to a stanley cup and when their team "let's them down" like they did 2 summers ago, the fans act like spoiled children.

stop selling season tickets and drop the price per seat down to 20-50$ and then lets see how the place sounds.

the demographic of the current fans that show up will never be a loud rowdy crowd.

probably more then half the season ticket holders probably wouldn't even be bothered to watch the games at home if they didn't have tickets it doesn't help there image the same way going to the game does.

lots of reasons why.

corporate

tickets so expensive

so much winning the past few yrs that ppl dont get excited as much.

if u go to 20+ games a season vs someone only go 1 or 2 times, of course the regular dude will cheer louder. so I can understand why some ppl dont get excited as much if they go to games so many times

Archived