The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lupe Fiasco kicked off stage at Obama pre-Inaugural concert

key2thecup

Never a problem .. free speech is one thing, but how one exercises that God given "right", is open to question .. me thinks Senor Fiasco is either not the "brightest penny in the roll" or he is a self promoting tool .. plus, his stage name, "Fiasco", makes him a prime candidate for a real good arse kickingwhere I come from .. B)

Never a problem .. free speech is one thing, but how one exercises that God given "right", is open to question .. me thinks Senor Fiasco is either not the "brightest penny in the roll" or he is a self promoting tool .. plus, his stage name, "Fiasco", makes him a prime candidate for a real good arse kicking where I come from .. B)

I don't care that he doesn't like Obama, but you do have to question why he would speak ill of the man during his pre-inauguration. Yes it's within his rights, but it still makes him come across as a bit of a tool.

In the end, its the organizers fault, as they probably should have done some research that would have led to them realizing that might happen.

Every clock is right twice a day apparently .. I do not disagree with everything he says .. and he has every right to say it .. I just question his timing .. sort of like mocking the Apache with a rain dance when you are on their Reservation, or yelling ni**er while walking down a street in Harlem .. self serving "artists" are a dime a dozen .. I consider Obama and the Dems the better of two bad choices ..

I don't care that he doesn't like Obama, but you do have to question why he would speak ill of the man during his pre-inauguration. Yes it's within his rights, but it still makes him come across as a bit of a tool.

In the end, its the organizers fault, as they probably should have done some research that would have led to them realizing that might happen.

I don't understand why you keep pushing the idea that Fiasco is an idiot of some kind. He is a vocal promoter of change to status quo, he was given a stage and expected to promote the status quo, he took advantage to spread his message. A message we both agree on. This is akin to criticizing the Occupy protesters for suing after being handled by police. The entire point is to defy the authority. His timing was impeccable. Look at the amount of attention he's generating for his message. I would wager you've never heard of this guy before this took place. Yet he's been nominated for three Grammies and is respected among Hip Hop listeners and critics (hardly a 15 minutes of fame type, by the way).

Obama is the better of two choices, but that's akin showing respect to a thief because the other guy's a murderer. Obama works to maintain the status quo, and his biggest challenge is keeping his supporters happy without addressing the underlying issues that ran the country into the mess it's in. America is dysfunctional, giving any kind of credence to the inauguration only works to further legitimize the system. Fiasco should be applauded for openly opposing the system, not called an idiot for doing it (while agreeing with his political message, no less).

Archived