The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins - How long?

Lemieux

These guys look like they are very tired. You can just see it from their faces. Given the propensity for Swedes to retire early, I wouldn't be surprised if they are out when their contracts are over. I think this is the 4th year in their 5-year contracts. Perhaps you could sign them to another 2 year deal worth 6mil each, but I don't know if they will have the legs to keep up with the pace by then. The team should be built to win now. With Weiss, Volpatti, Ebbett etc., it doesn't look like they have a truly competitive team. They need some toughness with skills (think of somebody like Kirk Maltby).

These guys have been playing college level hockey for 6 months give em a break! 5-6 games they will be back to normal with their timing. Which is most noticeably different in the defensive end to begin with. Bad turnovers and failure to get the puck out is not good for your top line, but they both have points and will get better as the season wheres on. Slow starts have never happened to the Canucks... I know it's a shock right!?

I'm only expecting the nucks to amass 10 points through 10 games to start the season, you should too.

These guys look like they are very tired. You can just see it from their faces. Given the propensity for Swedes to retire early, I wouldn't be surprised if they are out when their contracts are over. I think this is the 4th year in their 5-year contracts. Perhaps you could sign them to another 2 year deal worth 6mil each, but I don't know if they will have the legs to keep up with the pace by then. The team should be built to win now. With Weiss, Volpatti, Ebbett etc., it doesn't look like they have a truly competitive team. They need some toughness with skills (think of somebody like Kirk Maltby).

I think this is a very good point and should be talked about. The Canucks are not going to win a Cup with the Sedins at the helm. They put up numbers during the reg season but disappear into the ether come playoffs when it really matters. Champions step up in big games under pressure...the Sedins shut down. Opposing teams toy with them. Now's the time to trade them too while they still have some value.

We need some big, skilled Canadian bodies in those positions.

I think this is a very good point and should be talked about. The Canucks are not going to win a Cup with the Sedins at the helm. They put up numbers during the reg season but disappear into the ether come playoffs when it really matters. Champions step up in big games under pressure...the Sedins shut down. Opposing teams toy with them. Now's the time to trade them too while they still have some value.

We need some big, skilled Canadian bodies in those positions.

Archived