The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My personal opinion on having a 2 starter tandem in Lou and Schneids

CDC,

I know there are a billion different Luongo and Schneider threads out there but I'm just stating something that I think you guys can maybe see my point. I heard recently, I believe it was TSN, that Vancouver was a goalie graveyard. Now that we have had a great goaltender, and Schneids has the looks to be a future one, we seem to have over-pressured them into doing well or face our wrath.

I believe our situation is very good for our fans and for our team. Having 2 very good goaltenders (Even though I really like the kid I dont want to give too much credit to Schneider. I need to see him play a few full-length seasons before Ill call him an "elite" tender) could help us keep our (the fans) focus off of one of them specifically. If they can both be good/consistent in net then maybe, just maybe, we can subside our feelings for one or the other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. We seen that in the first 2 games of our season but to prematurely assess our situation based off of 2 games is ludicrous. Especially with the season being 48 games long. Maybe its just me but as Canuck fans are too fast to forget that our team is a team that lacks acceleration in the beginning but comes out on top near the end. Give it some time. The boys havent played hockey since late April of last year. Anyone who has played any kind of sport for a duration of time can tell you no matter how much practice you have, nothing prepares or makes you better then being in the game.

With equal spotlight on the tenders here, I believe this situation has the ability to spread the flak between them. This, in turn, should alleviate all the pressure on one of them specifically.

Or Im talking non-sense and dont know it yet. :frantic:

PS. I would like to apologize ahead of time if this is redundant but It was something I felt I should share my opinion on.

The only issue I have with keeping them both arises in the playoffs when only 1 can play and the other is a wasted asset sitting on the bench taking up cap space. Both Lu and Schneider are good enough to win this team a cup so honestly I couldn't care less who our goalie is, but the other needs to be traded for another asset that gives us a enter chance to win now - a legit top 6 winger, or a big, young hulking shutdown dman.

Oh Ive seen my fair share of people getting torn apart on here... I thought it was a shot in the dark to have a more positive thread regarding the 2 best goalies (Schneider pending) in Vancouver history instead of being all "MERP Lou GONE go 2 bee tradezded 2 sum teem for all da best playerz and all there draft picks are belong to us..." threads or something of the like lol. Im hoping to help "exorcise the demon" that is thread trollers.

Archived