The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

I think fans hate on players such as Booth and Raymond because of their contracts. Raymond is solid, but if he was making 1.5M instead of 2M, people wouldn't be so critical of his play and numbers. This is intensified with Booth making 4M, which increases the expectations to 30 goals/60 point numbers.

I think fans hate on players such as Booth and Raymond because of their contracts. Raymond is solid, but if he was making 1.5M instead of 2M, people wouldn't be so critical of his play and numbers. This is intensified with Booth making 4M, which increases the expectations to 30 goals/60 point numbers.

Easy gang, 21 has been a disappointment for longer than a 3 goal streak will erase. its nice to see but i want to see him play well for 15 games before we annoint him pavel 2.0

as much as the op is off, so are the fan boys.

good game all aroumd tonight.

Its great to see raymond have a good couple of outings. Lets hope he can keep it up. I just hope that people who have had such hate for him can lay off. The way I look at it, as long as a player wears a nucks jersey, bashing him seems stupid. You should always be realistic and look at both the negative and postives. But ultimatly only being negative about the players on your team makes you a very lame fan.

I'm noticing that Raymond seems a lot stronger on his legs, his stability has improved from what I saw last year. I like the sudden stops and starts and him being more explosive; not falling down all the time.

Also, he's keeping his head up and while he's a bit slow to make the right decision with the puck, I think he'll get back to being the player he was 2 years ago.

Of note, during his break-out season, Raymond had one of the best corsi ratings in the NHL. Last year, one of the worst.

Anyway, all this to say is that Raymond can be an very effective player, and I don't understand all the hate by some of the "fans" on this site.

-Jagori

P.S.

It bothers me the negativity by some on these boards. I remember the constant trashing Rypien got all the time on these boards. Oh, he is useless, etc. etc. Doesn't belong in the line-up, etc. etc. These players dedicate their lives to entertain us, and sacrifice alot. We all know they get paid well, but when you are under a microscope and give up a "regular" life for hockey, there has to be quite a toll mentally.

I've been pretty critical of Raymond in the past but I admit that he looks like a new player the last couple of games. What I liked best is that he was actually going to the dirty areas to score, and seemed to do a better job of looking around and making plays rather than just skating around. Let's hope he keeps this up.

I'm noticing that Raymond seems a lot stronger on his legs, his stability has improved from what I saw last year. I like the sudden stops and starts and him being more explosive; not falling down all the time.

Also, he's keeping his head up and while he's a bit slow to make the right decision with the puck, I think he'll get back to being the player he was 2 years ago.

Of note, during his break-out season, Raymond had one of the best corsi ratings in the NHL. Last year, one of the worst.

Anyway, all this to say is that Raymond can be an very effective player, and I don't understand all the hate by some of the "fans" on this site.

-Jagori

P.S.

It bothers me the negativity by some on these boards. I remember the constant trashing Rypien got all the time on these boards. Oh, he is useless, etc. etc. Doesn't belong in the line-up, etc. etc. These players dedicate their lives to entertain us, and sacrifice alot. We all know they get paid well, but when you are under a microscope and give up a "regular" life for hockey, there has to be quite a toll mentally.

I've given Raymond a hard time for a while now but at the moment he is making me eat my words. It's nice to see him amp up his game. He hasn't been falling down too much and his shooting looks better than it has in quite some time. Credit where credit is due, congrats Raymond on a couple of very good games, keep it up.

its not the injuries, its smart hockey people who see a bundle of talent thats skates with the puck towards the net and scares to the corner only to fall down. he has a drinking game after his play and people are always hammered who play. better so far this year, but thats three games.

Archived