The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

Raymond has probably been given the longest leash out off all the Canuck's experiments in the past 5 years. But I guess the Canucks are known to hang onto "potential" for too long.

And I agree, plenty of NHL players can skate fast now. It's no longer a hot commodity. Speed is not an acceptable substitute over grit, skill, or timing.

btw, Keith Ballard won the fastest skater contest last year. And I think Dale Weise is pretty quick too.

I like Raymond, I don't understand all the hate towards him. Personally I would like to keep him, he really improved this last season. But if changes are gonna be made he's one of the first to go since his contract's up. His style is too similar to Hansen. Someone new in his slot, with more physical presence, might liven up the team.

I actually think his defensive play is overrated. While he's a solid backchecker he doesn't really stand out and in the playoffs there's been times where he simply got overpowered like the Kopitar goal last year.

$ for $ still one of the best players we have and coming into his prime. One of the few to show up consistently in both of the last 2 playoff seasons.

He is effective at both ends and if we are looking for someone who will help us even reach the playoffs ............considering Gillis wants to parachute our prospects into the team and we have to lower our cap, then he is great value for money

If they resign Mason Raymond i will be finished supporting this club.

The fact that he got re upped was a nail in the GM's career coffin.

another contract and the casket will be sealed shut

Love Raymond I'm a huge fan. His rookie season I cheered loud every time he was on the ice. He's a 1st\2nd liner waiting to break out like Naslund was. He will go to where he will get played and I expect everyone to call for gillises head when he does even though those same fans wanted him gone. I will be sad when he leaves but he will be better off.

Love Raymond I'm a huge fan. His rookie season I cheered loud every time he was on the ice. He's a 1st\2nd liner waiting to break out like Naslund was. He will go to where he will get played and I expect everyone to call for gillises head when he does even though those same fans wanted him gone. I will be sad when he leaves but he will be better off.

He doesn't produce on the score sheet on the playoffs, ( like a few others), and he's not physical.... He disappeared this year after the trade deadline.

Supposedly we are a playoff contender according to mgmt. IMO any player that doesn't score or hit in the playoffs is definitely not top six, more or less ineffective, and should be shopped/not re-signed.

Archived