The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

When I played lacrosse, my coach, who was a cop, who took us to the b.c. championship. If he suspected you where not willing to take a hit to make a play. he would line everyone on the team up 4 feet from the boards. 1st you don't wanna be this guy but, he would put all the biggest guys on the team at the end of the line and you would have to run through while every one pasted you into the boards. Sometimes, after a guy hit you he was allowed to go to the other end of the line and hit you again, depending on how pissed the coach was, you might have to go all the way around the box. This hurt way more than taking any hit in any game and it made you feel really accountable to your teammates....................................................................................................................................

When I played lacrosse, my coach, who was a cop, who took us to the b.c. championship. If he suspected you where not willing to take a hit to make a play. he would line everyone on the team up 4 feet from the boards. 1st you don't wanna be this guy but, he would put all the biggest guys on the team at the end of the line and you would have to run through while every one pasted you into the boards. Sometimes, after a guy hit you he was allowed to go to the other end of the line and hit you again, depending on how pissed the coach was, you might have to go all the way around the box. This hurt way more than taking any hit in any game and it made you feel really accountable to your teammates....................................................................................................................................

Mason Raymond is an excellent penalty killer, and adds a lot with the proper line-mates. Raymond, Kesler, and Hansen together would make an excellent shut-down line. The only reason people complain at CDC is that he doesn't create alot offensively when he carries the puck into the zone himself. Quite simply, he isn't a solid play-maker.

I think the issue is that he doesn't use his speed to his advantage offensively; because he stays in proper position most of the time. I don't consider him a defensive liability at all. Sure, if he wanted to cheat and play like Grabner or Afinogenov, he'd get his 25 goals the crybabies want here, but I'd rather have a responsible winger. He s a good complimentary player. You find a center that makes players around him better, and Raymond will get a lot "better".

Mason Raymond is an excellent penalty killer, and adds a lot with the proper line-mates. Raymond, Kesler, and Hansen together would make an excellent shut-down line. The only reason people complain at CDC is that he doesn't create alot offensively when he carries the puck into the zone himself. Quite simply, he isn't a solid play-maker.

I think the issue is that he doesn't use his speed to his advantage offensively; because he stays in proper position most of the time. I don't consider him a defensive liability at all. Sure, if he wanted to cheat and play like Grabner or Afinogenov, he'd get his 25 goals the crybabies want here, but I'd rather have a responsible winger. He s a good complimentary player. You find a center that makes players around him better, and Raymond will get a lot "better".

I'll wait till Booth and Kesler gets back before judging him, but you know who else is as soft, useless and makes the same money as Raymond? Malhotra.

I cant wait till Ballard,Malhotra and Raymond's contracts are up. Those 3 take up almost 10m of our cap space and none of which are impact players.

You didn't even watch him before you made this thread, did you? Raymond's been checking, passing into the slot instead of shooting from the perimeter, and is playing for his linemates, not for himself.

He hasn't had a single useless shot this season. Jim Lahey I know you hate Raymond but there's a fine line between criticizing him for actual poor play and blindly hating on him because he hasn't scored.

You didn't even watch him before you made this thread, did you? Raymond's been checking, passing into the slot instead of shooting from the perimeter, and is playing for his linemates, not for himself.

He hasn't had a single useless shot this season. Jim Lahey I know you hate Raymond but there's a fine line between criticizing him for actual poor play and blindly hating on him because he hasn't scored.

He lit it up on the inter squad game, the reason was that he knows nobody from the nucks will lay him out. He will most likely never be the same after the broken back and I think that's understandable, I would feel a little different after having such an injury.

I don't think it's limited to raymond. Even the sedins rarely skate the puck to the middle.

I think there's a philosophy/system issue wit the team, that is deeply making itself too predictable, that it isn't open to every worthy option available to them in a specific situation.

It seems that they only choose the best option available in a specific situation, and that makes you far too predictable against other pros.

Archived