The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

Look I was a staunch Mayray supporter when he entered the league, fact is he may be not greasy enough to be on this team lol. AV demands stronger puck play. Watched him in juniors and thought we had a play maker. He obviously has wheels and has descent hands..... but has no desire to go into the dirty areas and will not take a straight line to the net. He is not a crash and bang player. He for all intensive purposes is a finesse player. The fact is this is not a finesse league and never will be(thank god) There are many players who's skill is sooo high that their finesse is almost unstoppable. That being said I and many others understand this league demands savagery. This is not baseball, tennis, or curling, this is HOCKEY !

I hope Mayray can find his inner demon/beast and prove everyone wrong.

I thought the end of last year was supposed to be the time Raymond was supposed to prove himself? MG just keeps dolling out more rope for Raymond....to trip on. I was at the last scrimmage where Raymond scored a hat trick. Bravo. But that feat, in comparison to his first two real games only proves the point that he backs off and plays way too timid when in a game situation.

As someone up thread suggested, he'd be better suited in a European league with the wide open ice and less tolerance for violence.

I really hope he is traded away, in some package deal with Luongo, before Kes and Booth get back. He quite literally drags down any linemates he is paired with.

And I would take Higgins over Raymond.

OK, fine. I'll put you in for waiving Raymond and bringing up Sweatt or Rodin to replace him.

I just don't see the point of ragging on a player, when the options are extremely limited. We don't have a prospect that can replace Mason and all we have is Luongo for a trade (and how's that going).

Not to sound like a smart ass but we do have a prospect that seems more NHL ready and willing to give it his all then Raymond. His name is Jensen. But you walk a fine line of introducing him too quick and stunting his growth as a hockey player.

Mason Raymond is useless at everything he does. I saw him at the store once buying a slurpee and he fell down on the way to pay for it. Saw him licking a tootsie pop once and he never got to the center of the damn thing! Saw Mayray at the airport once, there was this bag on the carousel going round and round and round and he was just standing there staring at it....... later I asked him what he was doing, and Mayray told me he thought he was looking into a mirror!!

5 years of the same crap is enough. I dont need another 40 games to get this right, again.

Even at his best, he is ineffective...even if you see it as a service... to his linemates. He is not going to change or reinvent himself. Call a spade a spade, buddy. Or.... or wait till May, again. Man, I hate typing that...

I'm not trying to be a Raymond hater here but let's get serious. He's been on the team full-time for 5 years and has had only 1 truly good season, and that was when a bunch of our guys had career years(09/10).

For a guy that gets plenty of 2nd line minutes, powerplay time, rarely gets benched, and once in a while gets a chance with the Sedins, he simply doesn't provide enough. If he's as talented as so many people seem to think and with the opportunities he's given, he should be putting 50+ points on the board every year, not just in 2010.

Honestly I think his 25 goal year was an anomaly and not to be expected again. If Raymond's not scoring goals he then doesn't fit on the 2nd line and his use to the team is minimal. Where is he a good fit?

Archived