The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

People like to use the back injury as an excuse but people forget he was terrible in the year leading up to the back injury.

People also like to forget that when Raymond came back from said back injury he was quite stellar for a few games then regressed back to his useless way.

Jim, you need a hobby son. I seem to remember you saying all these things last year...........or was it the year before. As I probably said then, there is nothing any of us can do to influence team selection. If moaning about MR did it you would have had him dropped ages ago.

Sometimes you just have to face the fact that you are not much of a judge of what makes a good hockey player.

"Raymond fell down. ON HIS FIRST SHIFT"

And he wasn't the only one in the team........or the league to do it. Who cares! It's what you do when you're upright that counts and Raymond did a hell of a lot more than some of them in the team.

"On this team on the 2nd line though, he just does not provide what we need. He could be an attractive player for a lot of other teams though. I hope Gillis is exploring that."

There are a whole lot of players who that could be said about in this team so far this season............and also in the playoffs. Have you ever thought that his line mates who are obviously your favourites may not be up to playing with him, now that he is fit?

"I'm more of a believer Kesler became a hog because it was better than passing it to Raymond."

It might help if you got your facts right. Kesler, in his best seasons DID pass to Raymond and Raymond passed to him. They were part of a very effective partnership with Sammy. Why not go and look at some of their goals. Since then they have both had injuries and Booth arrived.

Guest Gumballthechewy

It is quite possible he got off to a good start before these things caught up with him. I don't know that, I'm no doctor either but seeing as he plays for my team and showed plenty of courage coming back as soon as he felt fit, I like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Raymond doesn't get PP time anymore. AV took him off after the 09-10 season.

Oh, definitely an anomaly. The 10-11 year only involved 2 broken hands and a center who suddenly refused to pass, so that wouldn't affect Raymond's goal total. Oh, and that broken back? Nah, that doesn't mean anything, that wouldn't hamper your ability to move in any way either.

Riviera, your contribution to CDC is minimal too - you just hate on players that the media likes to discuss in a negative manner. Where are YOU a good fit? You seem to like big, tough players and solid goaltending, hey, the Bruins might be the team for you!

People like to use the back injury as an excuse but people forget he was terrible in the year leading up to the back injury.

People also like to forget that when Raymond came back from said back injury he was quite stellar for a few games then regressed back to his useless way.

He was on the powerplay tonight, so what are you talking about?

I guess I struck another nerve with you LoB, aside from attacking me, what exactly is your contribution to this forum? For that matter what is anybodies contribution? This is a message board where people post their opinions, I am terribly sorry that my opinions happen to differ from yours. We cannot all be cheerleaders like yourself.

Raymond's speed and skill make him a good 3rd or 4th line player playing against the opposition 3rd defensive pair. He can also help in the PK and PP and he maygivethe Canucks the much needed occasional secondary scoring when the top two lines have an off day. But at present Raymond will only cripple the 2nd line. The 2nd line looks much better and dangerous with Burrows, Hansen and Higgins. Just let Raymond work his way up to the 2nd line if AV and MG think he is capable. For good teams, all players have to play and earn their spot and time on ice.

Archived