The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

He has more than impressed me if comparing to last season over the first 4 games excluding our first one against Anaheim, but that game was terrible anyways for everyone on the team.

I've never once hated on Raymond, I've felt bad for the kid since he's had times of struggle, and I'm rooting for him 100% of the way this season like everyone else should as well.

I'm noticing that Raymond seems a lot stronger on his legs, his stability has improved from what I saw last year. I like the sudden stops and starts and him being more explosive; not falling down all the time.

Also, he's keeping his head up and while he's a bit slow to make the right decision with the puck, I think he'll get back to being the player he was 2 years ago.

Of note, during his break-out season, Raymond had one of the best corsi ratings in the NHL. Last year, one of the worst.

Anyway, all this to say is that Raymond can be an very effective player, and I don't understand all the hate by some of the "fans" on this site.

-Jagori

P.S.

It bothers me the negativity by some on these boards. I remember the constant trashing Rypien got all the time on these boards. Oh, he is useless, etc. etc. Doesn't belong in the line-up, etc. etc. These players dedicate their lives to entertain us, and sacrifice alot. We all know they get paid well, but when you are under a microscope and give up a "regular" life for hockey, there has to be quite a toll mentally.

I believe the biggest concern of Management this season is Booth vs. Raymond vs Higgins. We only need to keep 1 or two of them after this season as Jensen will probably suit up next season. Higgins will most likely sign at a discount for job security but the real competition will be booth vs Raymond for 2LW position.

I believe the biggest concern of Management this season is Booth vs. Raymond vs Higgins. We only need to keep 1 or two of them after this season as Jensen will probably suit up next season. Higgins will most likely sign at a discount for job security but the real competition will be booth vs Raymond for 2LW position.

Archived