#271 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,603 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Rupert,

You post some of the most knowledgeable entries in here on a consistent basis....in fact I don't think I've ever disagreed with you...not using that statement to equate my insight with yours.

But:

Comparing Raymond to Hartnell?
Please....

Not what I was doing. (something you should realize, BTW)

I was pointing out that the "falling down" thing is vastly overemphasized by CDC and shouldn't diminish the positive aspects of his game any more than it does Hartnell's. That is not tantamount to comparing the two players on an equal footing basis. (It should also be noted that Hartnell makes double Raymond's salary)
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#272 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Not what I was doing. (something you should realize, BTW)

I was pointing out that the "falling down" thing is vastly overemphasized by CDC and shouldn't diminish the positive aspects of his game any more than it does Hartnell's. That is not tantamount to comparing the two players on an equal footing basis. (It should also be noted that Hartnell makes double Raymond's salary)

just requesting further clarification Rupert. thanks.

it should also be noted that if we go back to 2008-2009, the year that both players were in the playoffs, (Hartnell being there prior), until last years playoffs as Hartnell was not involved this year, hartnell produced at .607 ppg to raymonds .314 ppg....Nearly double the production. Nevermind the undeniable and notorious difference there is when it comes to facing these two players in a game.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#273 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,603 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

just requesting further clarification Rupert. thanks.

it should also be noted that if we go back to 2008-2009, the year that both players were in the playoffs, (Hartnell being there prior), until last years playoffs as Hartnell was not involved this year, hartnell produced at .607 ppg to raymonds .314 ppg....Nearly double the production. Nevermind the undeniable and notorious difference there is when it comes to facing these two players in a game.

Right. So pretty much around where they should be...

The point still being that the whole "falling down" complaint is overblown on CDC.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#274 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,870 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

The point still being that the whole "falling down" complaint is overblown on CDC.

To me Raymond falling down is as relevant as AV's gum chewing, Rome having incriminating pictures of AV, Dave Nonuts etc...

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#275 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

i dont watch a lot of flyers hockey admittedly....but when i do see Hartnell fall its while attempting to fight or whilst being abused in front of the net not during basic hockey maneuvers... but i suppose that is getting pedantic.

the reality is we all just heard gillis say the landscape has changed along with some other jargon relating to braun over skill...imo if GMMG is really going to model the team towards the trend of the league, Mason Raymond doesn't fit. More concerning is MG's penchant for forking over ntcs involving term and money, something at this point, Raymond hasnt earned IMO.

Personally Im surprised there is NTCs involving anyone outside of the Sedins, Hamhuis, and Luongo.

Anyway, fair enough to you Rupert.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#276 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

if the canucks are going to be a up tempo team should they keep raymond?

im wondering should the canucks keep mason raymond if the canucks are going in a new direction of speed ?

raymond was not able to fit into the AVS cycle game but raymond in a up tempo system is a easy 20 goal scorer what do you think?

#277 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Maybe, but I think he's seriously overdue to just leave. I don't think we can put up with another year of Raymond.

However, I can see Booth fitting you're OP much better
Posted Image

#278 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,725 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

POPULAR

He was invisible during most of the playoffs. I hope we don't resign Raymond and its time to move on.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#279 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

If they resign Mason Raymond i will be finished supporting this club.

The fact that he got re upped was a nail in the GM's career coffin.

another contract and the casket will be sealed shut
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#280 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

No more than 1.75m

#281 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

You cant justify having Raymond in our top 6, when it already consists of the Sedins and Burrows. It's just too damn soft, that 2nd line LW/RW spot should be filled by someone who can bring some physicality (I'm thinking Clarkson).

The Canucks are in a cap crunch now anyway, as well Edler and Burrows' new contracts are aboout to kick in. It's going to be tight already, no sense in overpaying for Raymond who will likely play the UFA card.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#282 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

The ship has sailed on Raymond. Fast guys with mediocre hands are a dime a dozen. Let some other team deal with his inconsistent, stay on the perimeter game. I'm sure Jay Feaster is begging for him to be a FA come July 1st.

#283 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#284 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

You cant justify having Raymond in our top 6, when it already consists of the Sedins and Burrows. It's just too damn soft, that 2nd line LW/RW spot should be filled by someone who can bring some physicality (I'm thinking Clarkson).

The Canucks are in a cap crunch now anyway, as well Edler and Burrows' new contracts are aboout to kick in. It's going to be tight already, no sense in overpaying for Raymond who will likely play the UFA card.

This exactly.

And he's certainly not a bottom 6 type player. I just don't see a fit for him here, regardless of how much we'd pay him.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#285 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Raymond will probably cash in for $3M on a weaker team where he can fit into the top six/nine. I could see Winnipeg being an option.
Posted Image

#286 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think he's gone. You have to remember Canucks have cap problems they can't just keep everyone especially when they want to make changes.

#287 Blue & Green

Blue & Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

this^

#288 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Good luck in Chelyabinsk or whatever KHL city you end up in.

#289 Canucklehead73

Canucklehead73

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

And why would he sign after the humiliating salary cut... He's outta here I'd say.
Go Canucks Go!

#290 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

If he's back I'm going to vomit.

#291 GoLions

GoLions

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Raymond disappears every year right after the trade deadline. He's GONZO

#292 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

He better be gone... useless hockey player. Playing in the KHL or Europe will be best for his soft, perimeter style of play.

Canucks would take another step back if they keep him around.

#293 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Jensen should take his spot.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#294 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 76,828 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

After Booth was acquired, his days with the Canucks were pretty much over.

307mg00.jpg

#295 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

He signs with the flames..2.75 over 3 years

Luongo-Userbar.gif
14vmxhf.jpg

#296 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

We re-signed him even when we had Booth

Posted Image

#297 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,725 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Injuries prevented him to play most of the games. Watch him play with the Nucks next year

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#298 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hopefully he stays. The "soft perimeter" accusations are flowing in from the previous year. Has been one of our better forwards in the last 3 series and is miles ahead of Higgins. Expect he will end up with a new team though, new kid, aint a kid himself no more and should look to cash in with what he can. Probably pump out 20-25 goals for the next few years.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 23 May 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#299 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hopefully he stays. The "soft perimeter" accusations are flowing in from the previous year. Has been one of our better forwards in the last 3 series and is miles ahead of Higgins. Expect he will end up with a new team though, new kid, aint a kid himself no more and should look to cash in with what he can. Probably pump out 20-25 goals for the next few years.

Yeah he's pretty versatile; Raymond's two way play is really underrated. I also prefer to keep Raymond over Higgins, even though its not going to happen ..

Luongo-Userbar.gif
14vmxhf.jpg

#300 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

he doesn't fit the new nhl build. not skilled enough to play in top 6 and too soft for bottom 6.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.