The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

according to gillis, he wants the canucks to be younger and bigger... so raymond is too small.. and really should 't be back in the line up. if raymond is in the canucks then gillis reputation for bringing players in to vancouver is much worse than we can imagine.....

Raymond's a good hockey player. He puts up points, and defends well. He gets way too much flack around here. For all you people wanting him gone....just one question....who's gonna replace him? We don't have any young players, and I'd rather not pay David Clarkson 4.5+ million a year for pretty much the same production. There simply aren't that many available competent hockey players available.

Higgins is our 2nd/3rd best defensive forward, have you seen him on the penalty kill and how manny times he's singlehandedly held the puck in the oppositions zone. Unlike Raymond Hansen can actually utilize his speed by averaging atleast 1 breakaway a game, sure he has trouble finishing but he is undoubtably one of our best forwards .

Not that I am defending Raymond, but by that logic we will keep one guy and that would be Luongo. Everyone was invisible in the playoffs.

Raymond has always had potential, it is a shame he has only had one good year with a 50Pts season. He played much better last year but I think he is definitely a guy that can be replaced. Hansen is (to some extent) like a better more grittier Raymond.

according to gillis, he wants the canucks to be younger and bigger... so raymond is too small.. and really should 't be back in the line up. if raymond is in the canucks then gillis reputation for bringing players in to vancouver is much worse than we can imagine.....

Well on that basis, out go the Sedins and Burrows because they are 5 years older than Raymond. But I suppose Burrows IS 2LBS HEAVIER AND 1INCH TALLER.

Hey maybe Raymond can put on 3lbs in 5 years.

The trouble with Gillis is he opens his mouth and spouts drivel. Nothing he says makes sense or is even credible.

Teams don't get younger and bigger.............they get better in the playoffs. That's all that matters. If it takes an ageing Iginla or a small Parise then that's what it takes.

If Gillis had the sense of a stick insect he would realise there is virtually nothing that will make any appreciable difference in our prospects and certainly no one approaching the calibre of Raymond.

On that basis you're seriously comparing Raymond to iginla and Paris's while trying to sound more credible and of less drivel than Gillis?

What gillis has said is he believes the core which is the Sedins are good. The Sedins also have NTCs and produce in the playoffs. They're staying like it or not.

Raymond is not a core player. Gillis's word for non core players was "periphery". It's the periphery players he wants to get younger, bigger and cheaper, hinting most likely to in house players on the rise.

So when we are discussing what's good for the team for the future, you can't argue back with Iggy and Parise because A.) they're way better players than Raymond will ever be and B.) they'll never be Canucks.

What about Raymond??? Seroiusly..?? Did you watch the last half season and playoffs? He's a ghost when it matters, and has little to no chance of remaining a Canuck. His fate was pretty much set once Higgins re-signed.

Raymond would do much better playing in the East. He has some skill that can be of value, but he is not the kind the Canucks need to help take them to the next level. I am happy that he did show signs of life for the first half season, and hopefully he generated some interest and we can swap his negotianting rights for anothers, or perhaps to move up a few spots in rounds 3-5 to get a player they have targeted.

Says the guy who posted this........

/topic/342965-the-johnny-canuck-line-vandermeer-pinizzotto-sestito/page__view__findpost__p__11282391">The Johnny Canuck Line : Vandermeer-Pinizzotto-Sestito

06 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Our Top 9 is looking money once Kesler returns home.

so this is a fourth Line i want to see to compliment all the skill and speed.

Vandermeer-Pinizzotto-Sestito

yes. call it the johnny canuck line. the makeover line. the kiss the Kumbaya Canucks rep goodbye line.

in the tradition of Ryp, Gino, Tiger. The Return of Tough Canucks,

I would like to see this as a Fourth Line Option for seek and destroy missions, targeting the other teams skilled players with thunderous bodychecks and smashing the opposing teams Defence into the ground, this line would play enough minutes to damage key assets (cleanly)

1) Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

2a) Higgins-Roy-Hansen

2a) Raymond-Kesler-Burrows

Vandermeer-Pinizzotto-Sestito

Three top lines getting key minutes and the Nuclear Option Standing by if any clowns want to get froggy with it and goon a Sedin.

And then this..............

If Gillis takes this same core into next year it will be hard to remain a loyal fan.

Not bad for a member since April 2013

How long must we suffer watching Raymond "hustle" around the perimeter doing nothing? He brings nothing to the game outside of a token PK role.

What is the point of dressing this guy anymore? Waive him, trade him... anything. There are no positives to his game that make the team better for having him.

I have had enough of this guy.

Archived