The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everybody Loves Raymond (except Jim)...Merged

Bite me Burr

Raymond is one of our better players at present in a start where we have looked in need of games.

We are seeing nearly all of our players play below expectation but we are only two games into the season. Our pp is dire and most of our D hasn't really turned up to work yet.

The player performing best imo is coincidentally the player who played abroad. Dale Weise.

Higgins, Burrows and Hansen have turned into the invisible men. Ebbett just doesn't have what he had last year ( I was an advocate of Ebbett over JS) so I am pleased to see JS get this chance and I hope it's for more than a couple of games.

I know it must hurt all you Higgins, Hansen, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis fans out there to see them perform in such a mediocre way and I understand how you are forced to deflect that disappointment and manifest it in more Mason Raymond "hate" but lets face it he is playing better than any of them.

Instead of writing more and more of this garbage I would ask you to look at your own weakness of character which seems to constantly need a victim to appease your disappointment in your own real life failings and immaturity.

i think it's just a matter of putting the right player with the guy... he had a hatty when jordan was up during pre-season. that is pre-season though. it's worth a try and besides, we need to let the younger players grow or make way of more cody deals in the future...

i think it's just a matter of putting the right player with the guy... he had a hatty when jordan was up during pre-season. that is pre-season though. it's worth a try and besides, we need to let the younger players grow or make way of more cody deals in the future...

Raymond is one of our better players at present in a start where we have looked in need of games.

We are seeing nearly all of our players play below expectation but we are only two games into the season. Our pp is dire and most of our D hasn't really turned up to work yet.

The player performing best imo is coincidentally the player who played abroad. Dale Weise.

Higgins, Burrows and Hansen have turned into the invisible men. Ebbett just doesn't have what he had last year ( I was an advocate of Ebbett over JS) so I am pleased to see JS get this chance and I hope it's for more than a couple of games.

I know it must hurt all you Higgins, Hansen, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis fans out there to see them perform in such a mediocre way and I understand how you are forced to deflect that disappointment and manifest it in more Mason Raymond "hate" but lets face it he is playing better than any of them.

Instead of writing more and more of this garbage I would ask you to look at your own weakness of character which seems to constantly need a victim to appease your disappointment in your own real life failings and immaturity.

I'm not trying to be a Raymond hater here but let's get serious. He's been on the team full-time for 5 years and has had only 1 truly good season, and that was when a bunch of our guys had career years(09/10).

For a guy that gets plenty of 2nd line minutes, powerplay time, rarely gets benched, and once in a while gets a chance with the Sedins, he simply doesn't provide enough. If he's as talented as so many people seem to think and with the opportunities he's given, he should be putting 50+ points on the board every year, not just in 2010.

Honestly I think his 25 goal year was an anomaly and not to be expected again. If Raymond's not scoring goals he then doesn't fit on the 2nd line and his use to the team is minimal. Where is he a good fit?

Raymond doesn't get PP time anymore. AV took him off after the 09-10 season.

Oh, definitely an anomaly. The 10-11 year only involved 2 broken hands and a center who suddenly refused to pass, so that wouldn't affect Raymond's goal total. Oh, and that broken back? Nah, that doesn't mean anything, that wouldn't hamper your ability to move in any way either.

Riviera, your contribution to CDC is minimal too - you just hate on players that the media likes to discuss in a negative manner. Where are YOU a good fit? You seem to like big, tough players and solid goaltending, hey, the Bruins might be the team for you!

Raymond doesn't get PP time anymore. AV took him off after the 09-10 season.

Oh, definitely an anomaly. The 10-11 year only involved 2 broken hands and a center who suddenly refused to pass, so that wouldn't affect Raymond's goal total. Oh, and that broken back? Nah, that doesn't mean anything, that wouldn't hamper your ability to move in any way either.

Riviera, your contribution to CDC is minimal too - you just hate on players that the media likes to discuss in a negative manner. Where are YOU a good fit? You seem to like big, tough players and solid goaltending, hey, the Bruins might be the team for you!

Raymond isn't 'young' he should be entering his prime around now, but he still sucks. He's a glorified PK'er. He can't shoot for crap, he hasn't been good since before or after his injury, and he's been gifted a spot on the second line and hasn't earned or deserved it. I have no idea why people defend him, he does absolutely nothing to earn playing on the second line, and he really doesn't do anything at all.

You can blame Kesler for not passing at all, but all Raymond does is try to take it around the boards, then either fall down, or get rubbed off the puck. He also likes to shoot it directly at the chest of the goalie. I'm more of a believer Kesler became a hog because it was better than passing it to Raymond.

What does Macy Ray... bring to the team that offsets his timid nature? Speed? Sure, but thats replaceable. Falling down and skating around bent over and preparing to do a spin along the boards? Bahhh...

Sell me on what great things his does for the team and how he makes his teammates better as surely am a depressed hater and you might be able to help me as well as the majority in this thread!

What does Macy Ray... bring to the team that offsets his timid nature? Speed? Sure, but thats replaceable. Falling down and skating around bent over and preparing to do a spin along the boards? Bahhh...

Sell me on what great things his does for the team and how he makes his teammates better as surely am a depressed hater and you might be able to help me as well as the majority in this thread!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Oh, the guy who was coming off a major back injury last year and then broke his hand? Sounds pretty darn soft to me. Raymond is a quality NHL player.

Archived