The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis Talks Luongo- Vancouver Sun article

bigpush

I've always thought NYI would be a good trading partner for Van. The Islanders are a 'have not team' and probably not buy out Dipi; whereas Van could waive/buy him out.

NYI's are moving to a new arena and really need to make a splash to bring back theri fans. They have a great history with solid netminders, so maybe Lu is the guy for them. I'm pretty sure Lu would rather be on the east coast and closer to Fla.

I like some of their prospects and roster players. Can you imagine having Oksposa on our 2nd? Booth Kesler Oksposa. Whoosh!

I can assure you there is nothing on our end about Luo to Florida. It's all coming from your end. Theodore(NTC) is having a great start so we don't need to overpay for Luo. And general consensus with Florida is nobody wants him back.

I can assure you there is nothing on our end about Luo to Florida. It's all coming from your end. Theodore(NTC) is having a great start so we don't need to overpay for Luo. And general consensus with Florida is nobody wants him back.

I was just wondering about this. Nobody has talked about the Stars.

Dallas owner and Vancouverite Tom Gagliardi saw first hand how getting Luongo transformed the Canucks and gave them legitimacy.

I doubt they'd let Benn go but maybe "the thing the other team has to do with another player" that MG was referring to was the Stars signing then trading Benn? Maybe we sweeten the pot somehow.

I was just wondering about this. Nobody has talked about the Stars.

Dallas owner and Vancouverite Tom Gagliardi saw first hand how getting Luongo transformed the Canucks and gave them legitimacy.

I doubt they'd let Benn go but maybe "the thing the other team has to do with another player" that MG was referring to was the Stars signing then trading Benn? Maybe we sweeten the pot somehow.

In 2010-11, in addition to winning the Conn Smythe, Tim Thomas ran away with the Vezina (his 2nd one in 3 years). He was most certainly the best goalie in the league.

Last season, Quick was runner-up for the Vezina, and probably would have won it if his team could have provided more goal support during the regular season. He was likely the best goalie in the league - at worst, 2nd-best.

Contradictory post is contradictory.

Archived