Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zombieksa

Sedins: First 1,000pt players?

19 posts in this topic

So looking through the NHL career archives there are 79 players who have reached the 1000pt barrier. With the few exceptions (Messier ugh, Sundin, Mogilny) the Canucks are not a team with 1000pt. players who have played for them, and there are NO players on the list that have played the majority of their career for the Canucks.

My question is, do you think the Sedins have 250-300pts left in them before their careers end?

Hopefully they do, I can see 3-4 solid seasons left in the Sedins (solid as in 70-80 points), bringing their total up to around 250 in 3-4 years to get them to 1,000

If they keep playing here until a decent age, definitely. They're 32, so if they play six more seasons, Henrik would need an average of 42 points per season to do it (he's 251 away, Daniel's a tad further off because of that broken foot a few years back). Even if they tail off towards the end, its a safe bet as long as they stay healthy.

They're not that old actually, and if they average a p/pg or even a bit under that, I could easily see them getting into the 1000pt club

As long they keep playing games, and keep up a decent level of point production, they should be able to hit the mark. Pretty neat, actually.

Definitely, I think barring any serious injuries, both these players could easily play another 7 years, 10 is possible too!

Like everyone's said; they're only 32. They got many good seasons ahead of them.

Yes, I think they will hit 1,000 points. Going to really miss them when they retire. Would feel weird and little empty watching Canucks games without them.

A couple of 80 point season and they reach 1000!! potential to go into the hall of fame

Yes, I think they will hit 1,000 points. Going to really miss them when they retire. Would feel weird and little empty watching Canucks games without them.

Of the 79 players with 1000 points, only 34 have accomplished it with one team. Sedins would be in pretty good company.

If the current trend continues, Daniel will be getting 72 points in 48 games, with Henrik getting 48 points.

Of course, it'll also mean the Edler will also be getting 72 points and the Canucks going winless this year, lol.

Barring a serious injury caused by some goon (aka Keith) they'll hit it easily. These guys are better conditioned than most in the NHL and will keep going till their late 30's if not 40's. I could see their point breakdown as follows:

'12-'13: 50 points (1st line)

'13-'14: 70 points (1st line)

'14-'15: 60 points (1st line)

'15-'16: 50 points (2nd line)

'16-'17: 50 points (2nd line)

'17-'18: 40 points (3rd line)

'18-'19: 30 points (3rd line)

--Retire--

I see no reason why they wouldn't be 80 point players for the next 4 years.