Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Gillis on Kassian, the Sedins, scouting and prospects

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Gillis is heavily invested in Schroeder since he chose to keep him over Hodgson.

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#32 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,172 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I actually think he is right on Andersson, this is a guy who has really impressed me with the Wolves, he's big skates well and is steady, won't bring a ton of offense but has the other tools to be a good player, also loved the confidence that JS is going to be here, which I expect to be announced tommorow with Vandy being placed on waivers.

I agree with alot of the things he says, I think he hit the hammer on the head with everything, from the Sundin signing, to the prospects and the whole bit, I'm happy he is our GM.

Thanks for the post.

I like Andersson but am disappointed he hasn't developed as much offensively. He was even so so in the points department in Sweden last year.

I've been starting to envision one of Sauve or Polasek developing into an NHL role and having Andersson playing alongside on the bottom pairing. It'd be nice to have a homegrown 3rd pairing that can get the job done for a reasonable price.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#33 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

I just hoope that Gillis recognizes when it is time to deal vets like the Twins, Burrows and Bieksa instead of waiting until they walk for nothing. Ohlund, Jovo, Naslund, Salo etc. Nonis traded Bertuzzi and the Canucks have been benefiting ever since. It is a value judgment as well as how the team is time lined for a CUP push. Dealing vets usually yields draft pics or prospects which I still think the Canucks are way short of.

#34 _lax_

_lax_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I seriously hope Schroeder comes up tomorrow just so I can get a good chuckle from the last part of your post.

Read his post again as you misunderstood it..

"......leaving players in the minors longer does a couple of things for you. One, it lets them develop. And we have quality coaching there. And two, it helps with your salary cap"

For the fire Arniel/Jordan Schroeder Fan Club -take notes.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.