Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

How do we assess this weekends results? (Trolls need not read)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

For everyone who is freaking out over what happened this weekend, please just TAKE A DEEP BREATH and relax! We live in BC and there is a lot of a particular plant substance that can help you chill the F*** out!

It's as if almost everyone is a 13 year old boy seeing his first naked girl, wondering what to do, what is she doing, what the heck is happening, oh my god oh my god and there goes your chance at getting laid for the first time... Or winning a Stanley Cup in this case.

Don't freak out over this team because your assuming way too much! These are PROFESSIONALS they aren't worried about the season beyond their next game. They KNOW HOW TO WIN in the regular season and they will FIND A WAY. Don't throw it all away on a whim of a bad start.

. True Fan's are supposed to RALLY BEHIND THERE TEAM. When I sat in Rogers Arena on Saturday it was dead quiet at times and when your team and your city needs you most the MAJORITY TURN THEIR BACKS and say call me when there winning...

I'm not making excuses for the mistakes we made so far, I'm simply saying ENCOURAGE YOUR TEAM show them SUPPORT WHEN THEY NEED IT MOST. We can turn this city into a real fan base instead of band-wagoners and help instead of hinder, cause rumors and always say what if.

We don't know exactly what to do, but i know if we get out there and CHEER THE CANUCKS ON especially in TIMES OF NEED, it isn't going to hurt, and we might just have a better team and a better city for it.

Schroeder is coming...
linden Vey Sig

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

POPULAR

The blue and green font really sold your argument.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#3 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

If I had paid money to go the game on Saturday you can bet your ass I wouldn't be cheering.

Jq9Htab.jpg

#4 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I agree with Yappy, and the "Schroeder is coming" part really drew me into your post.

I wouldn't worry too much, I think we are just rusty, we shook off alot of the rust against Edmonton so this next game will be the one that really determines where we are IMO, and I think we are just fine, we just need to focus, stay in the moment and not have knee jerk reactions, I expect Schneider to bounce back and to have an all out effort and to build off some of the good things that happened in our last game against EDM.

I'm not to worried.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM.

zackass.png

#5 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Problem is, the Canucks are so boooorrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnggggg. I've been a die hard fan for years and I still find it boring at times. The Canucks lack that excitement and fast paced hockey. We need some younger, more enthusiastic players that energize the crowd. Every time Malkin or Stamkos rush the puck up the ice with sick dangles, that is bound to make the crowd go nuts. Who can do that here? Sure the Sedins are world class players, but they don't have the same exciting skill set The Crosby's and Giroux's have.

Only player we have close to that is Kesler...
Posted Image

#6 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Professional
Weed
Chill the **** out
13 year old boys and naked girls
That about sums it up,Derp.

#7 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I never had that experience when I was 13. Just saying. I was still playing Pokemans on gameboy.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#8 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I never had that experience when I was 13. Just saying. I was still playing Pokemans on gameboy.

Neither did I, but it seems like some people worrying bout the nucks did... or actually are 13 or 14 and don't know what they are doing at all with this drama...
linden Vey Sig

#9 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Professional
Weed
Chill the **** out
13 year old boys and naked girls
That about sums it up,Derp.

I appreciate your contribution.
linden Vey Sig

#10 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I sure hope it's just rust, and that Schroeder can play in the NHL soon...

Problem is, on Sunday the Oilers were the ones coming in waves. Sure, it's not like Vancouver had ZERO chances and it may make sense to defend the lead, but when partway through the 3rd the team flips the puck in on Dubnyk almost just to kill time instead of going for the go-ahead goal, that tells me that at least on that night they didn't dare to attack (their passes WERE pretty sloppy too), nor was the game really in their hands but in those of the Oilers.

Maybe they were only slower on that night because they played on Saturday (hopefully). However, if it's because they can't keep up that may signal the team's decline or weak offensive ability (I get it, Kes and Booth are out but until then the team will have to make do and they'll be in some deep trouble if they can't win games without them).

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#11 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Is there some kind of hidden message to do with the coloured text? I'm trying to figure it out.

Sig too big. 

#12 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

It seems they always get off to a slow start, so really man,,, just chill f#$k out ok ::D Unfortunately, this season is very short so they better figure it out soon. I'm not pannicking yet but if they aren't playing better than .500 hockey in a month......

#13 Fateless

Fateless

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I agree, Pokemon.

i1u6zif.gif

#14 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I doubt most people are panicking. All the panicked threads you see here on the forums are generally just started by trolls.

#15 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I appreciate your contribution.

:bigblush:

:lol:

Seeing your reply gave me a good laugh.

zackass.png

#16 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

How do we assess this weekends results? Hopefully not too seriously.

On the one hand we could go full metal panic mode:
- PP is DOA
- We're trading the better goalie (and his gold medal doesn't stay here)
- Booth and Kesler won't be back on the ice for a life-age and we're not even talking about the season or two it'll take them to get back into top form.
- Raymond!
- Opening weekend was a bust and now we'll never make the playoffs
- Sedins on the verge or retiring (A lucrative post-hockey career in horse racing tempts them away)
- Santa Fe is looking for a NHL team and Betman (Betman!) has his feisty rat eyes on Vancouver...
- Abandon all hope ye who cheer for the Canucks.

Or,

I've walked through the valley of the shadow of death,
83-94, Neely trade, Linden traded away, Messier, Mike Keenan, Bertuzzi's sucker punch, the dragon before it was slayed...
I fear no evil.

I'll start to panic when Mark Messier comes back to Vancouver as GM and trades Juice, Kes and the bronze statue of Roger Neilson for the next hot thing outa Calgary.

Edited by GrooveC, 21 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#17 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for reminding me there are people in Van who make more sense and less cents. Cause the ones with a lot of Cents need way more sense than they got!

Blue and Green for good measure :blink:

Edited by Derp..., 21 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

linden Vey Sig

#18 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I have been and will be assessing the first few weeks of games as if they were pre-season games. Scores are not particularly important. More important is seeing who's playing well and whether the team is gelling and getting onto the same page. So for me, seeing a strong game from Kassian against Edmonton and a good cohesive effort overall is more important than that the shootout didn't go our way. This season is going to be an outlier and major decisions should definitely not be made on the basis of anything that happens between now and the playoffs.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#19 casofilia.canuck.nz

casofilia.canuck.nz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

We still need the season's first victory!! I wouldn't want to be Flamer this week. They are going to be put out this week, yet again!! Let's have a hat-trick to set the season really going.

Go Canucks Go
Go CANUCKS Go.

#20 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Maybe they're still suffering from the Stanley Cup Final hang over.

#21 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Nice use of colours, haha.

Seriously, though, it's just typical Canucks fans' reactions. Granted, the team hasn't played well, but I'll reserve judgement until at least 5-7 games into the season.

Edited by Jai604, 22 January 2013 - 03:48 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#22 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Last season we played the whole first month at .500, struggled hard at the start but by the 48 game mark we were 2nd in the conference. I'd be happy going into the playoffs top-3, so this doesn't bother me.

Sure, our conference looks tougher. St. Louis look much better, Chicago are red hot right now and Minny/Edmonton are much improved but a lot of teams have taken steps back. Nashville, Detroit and Phoenix are all terrible now compared to last season. Power hasn't shifted much in the West, St.Louis look like the team to beat but we've had their number in the playoffs and have always played well in St.Louis so our only real question mark will be Minnesota (always play well against us) and Chicago (we always play badly against them).
Posted Image

#23 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

If I had paid money to go the game on Saturday you can bet your ass I wouldn't be cheering.

Half a year with no hockey, I think you would cheer. :towel: IMO bandwagon-er need not apply. :bigblush:
This team has too many two-faces fans that cheer when we are winning and cluck their tongue when the team is having a tough time. 1 win and our recordis alright..

if we can put a streak together soon we will be right back into the thick of things. Support our troops. ::D

Go Canucks Go! :canucks:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#24 DCR

DCR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

It's not the start I wanted, but I still think of it as a loss and a tie regardless of what the standings say. I'm going to give them at least eight games before I start judging on results rather than process, and I did see an improvement between the first and second games.

#25 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

We are slow starters. But with Schroeder coming in, we may get a little more offence from the second line. One more goal would have done the trick in the Edmonton game. Or a mid-season Luongo would have stopped at least one of those softies.

#26 Iamacanuck18

Iamacanuck18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Canucks have too much $ sitting on the bench Ie. Lunongo or schneider... One of these 2 must be traded for an elite top 6

#27 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Being a shortened season points at the beginning could very well determine who gets into the playoffs or not. I am not saying Van is not going to make playoffs all I am saying is that with half the amount of games, Shoot outs and extra points are crucial. Look what happened to the Flames last year, out of 12 shoot outs (12 possible points) they managed a paltry 3 points increase that to 9/12 and they make the playoffs.
I am not saying press the panic button but being a shortened regular season, it is even more important than past years to get off to a good start and collect the points. The fact that our second line has been gutted really doesn't help and I don't think it is fair to lay responsibility on players like Zack Kassian to come to the rescue. A couple more losses before this is turned around, and there could be some serious problems at the back end of the season!

#28 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

This team has too many two-faces fans that cheer when we are winning and cluck their tongue when the team is having a tough time.

Isn't that the same with all sports? Fans cheer when they do well, and not so much when they don't?

There hasn't been a whole lot to cheer about yet...

#29 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Be happy there was no injuries(that I'm aware of). Canucks can probably make up points on lots of teams as long as they're healthy.

#30 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,453 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

No second line. Went pretty much how I thought it would. Unless we trap and steal games we won't win many this year.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.