The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis should be fired! Bring back Burke!

bertuzz

I'm the OP, and sorry if I offended anyone, There's some interesting points some of you have bought up, but I mostly stand by what I said. The players Gillis has bought in are for the most part average NHLers, and every year in the playoffs, experience and toughness count. Gillis has done nothing to improve that area. As far as secondary scoring, why doesn't he try for Arnott, or he could have tried for Jagr-imagine him with the Sedins? Oh-but Gillis would say "he's too old or he has too much experience!" All I'm saying is if you put a bunch of greenhorns on the ice, that's the product you're going to get. The team needs a mix of veterans and rookies. It would have been nice to keep guys like Jovo and Ohlund, or Willie Mitchell but what's done is done. The Canucks really need to fix the D-get rid of Bieksa and Alberts and get some experienced players who don't make you whince when they have the puck!

I'm the OP, and sorry if I offended anyone, There's some interesting points some of you have bought up, but I mostly stand by what I said. The players Gillis has bought in are for the most part average NHLers, and every year in the playoffs, experience and toughness count. Gillis has done nothing to improve that area. As far as secondary scoring, why doesn't he try for Arnott, or he could have tried for Jagr-imagine him with the Sedins? Oh-but Gillis would say "he's too old or he has too much experience!" All I'm saying is if you put a bunch of greenhorns on the ice, that's the product you're going to get. The team needs a mix of veterans and rookies. It would have been nice to keep guys like Jovo and Ohlund, or Willie Mitchell but what's done is done. The Canucks really need to fix the D-get rid of Bieksa and Alberts and get some experienced players who don't make you whince when they have the puck!

The OP is a troll...

Don't feed the troll!

as far as Burke goes???

What an ass (I'm Irish so it's OK), yeah that's what we need.

I believe in Gillis and his plan to be on the cutting edge.

I've also a longtime fan and have watched (or listened on the radio) the Canucks since the old Western hockey league days.

Hey OP, can you say Portland Buckaroos?

Archived