Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Jordan Schroeder recalled

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#61 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Tell me how it makes sense that we have 5 centers on the roster right now, yet it makes more sense playing Burrows as a center.

I guess if it pays off, AV is a genious. If not, he's gonna look pretty bad.

We'll get a better idea tomorrow in the game day skate.

#62 Frankchise

Frankchise

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Not bad , only take our dumb coach 2 lost to realize Ebbert is not bringing it , let's hope our coach realize the importance of practicing shootout and get a couple of guys to master it to give us a chance for the easy point

#63 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Not bad , only take our dumb coach 2 lost to realize Ebbert is not bringing it , let's hope our coach realize the importance of practicing shootout and get a couple of guys to master it to give us a chance for the easy point

Posted Image

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year.

#64 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

they might as well hand us the cup
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#65 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

MayRay with the hatty against Flames.......?would lol.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#66 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I knew it was you before I even saw your name hahahaha

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#67 clubV

clubV

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Good luck Schroeder

#68 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

The way I see it Weise has been one of our better forwards probably because of his time abroad. Burrows looks out of sorts. That said I would still have preferred Schroeder, if he is to play 2nd line centre to be between Raymond and Burrows.

The only reason I see Weise on the 2nd is he probably has more ability to step in for Schroeder than Burrows has if Calgary try to bully him.

If it is to be Weise, then I would rather see Hansen drop to 4th and Burrows play with Lapierre and Higgins. Burrows deserves better than relegation to the 4th imo.

Let's face it, hardly anyone has performed to their optimum so far. We seem to have slipped up by not playing in Europe.

The question then becomes (similar to around the time of the Gragnani fiasco) are we doing the team any favours chopping and changing when what we may need is just a bit of consistency of team selection and time to get our systems honed and up to speed?

I hope this is not evidence of AV losing his nerve.

Edited by Bodee, 23 January 2013 - 05:08 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#69 smokes

smokes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Don't get your underwear all up in a bunch, if JS was so good, he would have cracked the lineup opening night

#70 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Don't get your underwear all up in a bunch, if JS was so good, he would have cracked the lineup opening night

Well, arguably that move was made because he could clear waivers. It's a get out of jail free move, so why not take it.

Seeing what some of the fill-ins were bringing, it is obvious they thought they could risk one of them clearing waivers in order to bring the kid up. He has spend about the right amount of time in the minors, so should be ready for a go.

Hope he gets more than a cup of coffee, gets a chance to make a few mistakes, etc. From what I hear he is AV's type of player - defensively conscious. 3rd line is the perfect place for a young player like that to break in.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.