The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks call up Schroeder, Vandermeer clears waivers.

frazzY

Expectations on Schroeder are so high, it may be impossible to live up to the standards of Canuck fans.

Be realistic, and give this kid a chance. He's going to be good player, given the chance and proper time to develop.

But yeah, he does need better finishers. Raymond...maybe. But Weise? He's no finisher. lol.

Like the idea that Schroeder is getting a chance as he looked pretty good from the games I saw on Sportsnet.

Hate the fact that we are waiving the only legit tough guy on the Canucks. Just heard on Team 1040 where Pierre LeBrun was talking about how the Sabres addressed toughness issue on their team by acquiring Scott and Ott. How this creates a different playing environment for the team where players play with more confidence. How Gillies doesn't get this is beyond me, it's a basic psychological advantage for teammates to know there is a player on their team that will take care of business when needed. So how did the two games go on the weekend?

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Burrows-Hansen

Raymond-Schroeder-Wiese

Vandermeer-LaPierre-Volpatti

will be nice when Booth and Kesler return and midgets Raymond and Schroeder can go back to Chicago, Manny can coach face-offs

This looks good and will be even better with the return piece(s) from Luongo deal. need someone that can finish and that is 6"2 + 215lbs w/mean streak.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-LaPierre-Hansen

Vandermeer-Pinizzotto-Volpatti -Wiese (3of4)

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Tanev-Barker

Schneider

Luongo

If Kassian pans out, which I believe he will, this could be huge. Still, I'd probably go something like this, until Booth or Kesler return:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins

Weise-Malhotra-Volpatti

Weise played a great game on the 4th line, why screw with something that works? If anything, slot him on the 3rd and shift Higgins to center and Lapierre to the 4th.

If Kassian pans out, which I believe he will, this could be huge. Still, I'd probably go something like this, until Booth or Kesler return:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins

Weise-Malhotra-Volpatti

Weise played a great game on the 4th line, why screw with something that works? If anything, slot him on the 3rd and shift Higgins to center and Lapierre to the 4th.

Archived