The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks call up Schroeder, Vandermeer clears waivers.

frazzY

I don't understand AV's logic.. he likes to promote or demote people based on merit and who's played well or not. Kassian has played well, so he goes to the first line. Weise has played well for the past two games, so he goes to the second line. Burrows has not played well, so he goes down to the third line. But why the heck are they keeping Raymond on the second line? What has he done to stay there?

Higgins - Burrows - Hansen would be a sick third line if Burrows was actually a center...

Not sure why Higgins wouldn't be in the middle. I guess cause Burrows is a better passer.

I like it though, it will hopefully spark all three of those guys. And could be a great energy line.

I don't understand AV's logic.. he likes to promote or demote people based on merit and who's played well or not. Kassian has played well, so he goes to the first line. Weise has played well for the past two games, so he goes to the second line. Burrows has not played well, so he goes down to the third line. But why the heck are they keeping Raymond on the second line? What has he done to stay there?

Expectations on Schroeder are so high, it may be impossible to live up to the standards of Canuck fans.

Be realistic, and give this kid a chance. He's going to be good player, given the chance and proper time to develop.

But yeah, he does need better finishers. Raymond...maybe. But Weise? He's no finisher. lol.

Why not keep Burr with Sedins since they have chemistry.

Kass (the physical presence) with Schroeder and Raymond?

Then you have the third line with Hansen, Lappy and Higgins.

I think those lines are pretty good. in a short season, don't wanna mess with chemistry (like sedins and burr).

Liking that 2nd pp unit! and I'm stoked AV's finally come to his senses and is leaving Kass with the twins. I enjoy watching the nucks a lot more when there are young players on it. Last year was Hodgson this year Kass and JS.

Can't wait for next year though - Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, and maybe Corrado, Gaunce, Connauton even make the team with the cap going down so much.

something like

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Jensen

Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen

Archived