61 replies to this topic

#1 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,217 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

@TEAM1040: Per tweets: Kassian with Twins today. Schroeder with Raymond and Weise. Burrows with Higgins and Hansen. Malhotra w/Lapierre and Volpatti

307mg00.jpg

#2 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

@TEAM1040: Per tweets: Kassian with Twins today. Schroeder with Raymond and Weise. Burrows with Higgins and Hansen. Malhotra w/Lapierre and Volpatti

Already in js callup thread

#3 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

No Eb-tit

I dig it

Edited by Noheart, 22 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#4 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,881 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

schroeder paired with 2 guys who can't stay on their feet, good times...

#5 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

schroeder paired with 2 guys who can't stay on their feet, good times...

haha... Weise was just falling like raymond.. missed a few hits and tripped himself a few times.. i guess he learned from raymond

#6 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

This is just the beginning.
Soon Weise will take over the world!

Subbancopy.jpg

#7 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

It was comical seeing Weise fall all over the place but the guy did have a good game. It seems like he gained a lot of speed over the off-season and he doesn't know how to control it yet. I'd rather have a guy who skates fast and falls on occasion than some guy who skates super slow and never falls.

I don't think Weise is a second line player but hopefully he plays well there.

#8 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

UGH Weise has been so crap. Volpatti has looked so much better. Why cant we actually try and have a 2nd line that will work.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#9 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,636 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Weise is the new Aaron Rome.

But seriously, he played good last game. He was more noticeable than alot of our forwards. He deserves to move up the lineup.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#10 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Raymond is a blight on this team

Can't check, can't play aggressively, needs to be on the second line or else he's useless

and he's still useless on the second line, too

why they resigned him is beyond me

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#11 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

is anybody else a little confused about Schroeder call-up/deciding to go with Ebbett to start the year? If they were really this close to slotting Schroeder in the starting lineup, why not just start the season with him in the first place? he's a first round pick, why continuously delay his NHL debut if he's clearly ready to go? i just don't get the point of sending him down and calling him back up 2 games in, is there a salary cap issue I'm missing ??

#12 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,636 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

is anybody else a little confused about Schroeder call-up/deciding to go with Ebbett to start the year? If they were really this close to slotting Schroeder in the starting lineup, why not just start the season with him in the first place? he's a first round pick, why continuously delay his NHL debut if he's clearly ready to go? i just don't get the point of sending him down and calling him back up 2 games in, is there a salary cap issue I'm missing ??

This has been covered quite a bit. It was all about not losing anyone to waivers.

Schroeder was the only logical player to be re-assigned without losing anyone. Now we have the same depth we had before but were able to add Schroeder to the mix.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#13 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

The only thing I am marginally surprised about is that Raymond is on the 2nd and not Burrows, Weise earned a look (atleast in practice) I guess AV thinks there is some chemistry with Ray and Schroeds from what he saw in the scrimmage, so we will see.

I wouldn't put a ton into it though, I don't think it means alot when they have experiments like this in practice the day before a game.

zackass.png

#14 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

This has been covered quite a bit. It was all about not losing anyone to waivers.

Schroeder was the only logical player to be re-assigned without losing anyone. Now we have the same depth we had before but were able to add Schroeder to the mix.

thanks. hopefully schroeder shows his worth up with the big club here and the forward group can find some stability.

#15 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

The Dale Weise highlights by Sportsnet in the game against Edmonton made me laugh so hard. This is obviously a move to ignite Burrows and Lapierre a little bit more, while giving Kassian some points for his passionate play. Although it's temporary, I'd love to see Weise score a couple and show off some celebrations he's been working on abroad
Posted Image

#16 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I hate the lines they will ruin Schroeder, Weise does not dereve the 2nd line, I would move burrows up to the 2nd and lapierre up to the third. I dont get Av

#17 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

POPULAR

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Schroeder, Kassian & Burrows getting alook on the 2nd PP unit. #canucks

#18 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Aslong as Kassian is with the twins I'm happy :) .

Im thinking about starting a ritual before a canucks game where I do some voodoo stuff, maybe cut myself abit, plants, smoke, chanting, etc... any ideas?

#19 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ugh, Weise on the 2nd line? Why does AV have to do this? Why have two of your more capable offensive wingers playing with Lapierre when you can put a guy like Burrows with Schroeder? Wouldn't it make sense to pair your offensively talented prospect with a good NHL scorer?

I realize the team has injuries but I think it would also be prudent to structure your lines in a way that gives the team the best offensive potential. Basically, put your offensive guys in the top 6, let them take care of the scoring and put the rest in the bottom 6. It's not like the rest of the bottom 6 guys aren't reliable defensively, either.

I would like to see:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

If the Raymond-Schroeder chemistry isn't translating at the next level, demote Raymond and promote either Higgins or Hansen. Ultimately, we have to hope that Schroeder is flat out good enough to create offense himself. The Canucks just don't have adequate options right now for players that can ignite Schroeder. It's actually the other way around. Schroeder seems to be the best bet to ignite some of the Canucks' tweeners while two thirds of their 2nd line is out (Kesler, Booth), based solely on the fact he has more natural talent than many of the guys on the roster right now.

Edited by NuxFan09, 22 January 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#20 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Should be

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Lapierre Hansen
Weise Schroeder Burrows
Volpatti Malhotra Ebbett

1st line builds on the assumption Kassian can be a 1st line 40 goal scorer

2nd line is our post Kesler injury 3rd line, may as well get it some practice.

3rd line is 2 wingers that can speed through defenders for easy breakaways, while fore checking hard, probbaly best to give this line our top 2 d lines from time to time.

4th line is Volpatti with two plugs that I feel are better than Raymond.

Edited by Merci, 22 January 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#21 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,881 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Schroeder, Kassian & Burrows getting alook on the 2nd PP unit. #canucks

now THAT'S a second PP unit. we've missed skill on PP2 ever since Hodgson left, he made that unit click, hopefully this one does as well.

Edited by avelanch, 22 January 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#22 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Sedins Kassian (I guess)
Higgins Schroeder Burrows
Raymond Lapierre Hansen
Volpatti Maholtra Weise

The best players should be on the top lines. Good thing AV likes to change up his lines during the game, so we won't have to watch Raymond Schroeder and Weise for long.

#23 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I like it...Dale "Dutch League Gretsky" He is playing with vigor...hopefully the skill gets refined. Give him a shot.
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#24 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Weise has been playing well but i wouldn't give him 2nd line over burrows, the rest im fine with though

#25 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,881 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Weise has been playing well but i wouldn't give him 2nd line over burrows, the rest im fine with though

raymond schroeder weiss will be the 3rd line, for sure, at least in playing time.

#26 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

It was comical seeing Weise fall all over the place but the guy did have a good game. It seems like he gained a lot of speed over the off-season and he doesn't know how to control it yet. I'd rather have a guy who skates fast and falls on occasion than some guy who skates super slow and never falls.

I don't think Weise is a second line player but hopefully he plays well there.

Bailed into the boards twice without being hit. Once almost broke both his ankles going feet first, second almost concussed himself/breaks his neck eating the boards...hmmm

Sedins Kassian (I guess)
Higgins Schroeder Burrows
Raymond Lapierre Hansen
Volpatti Maholtra Weise

The best players should be on the top lines. Good thing AV likes to change up his lines during the game, so we won't have to watch Raymond Schroeder and Weise for long.

Yes...this makes sense..

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 22 January 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#27 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Interesting second line. I figured Burrows would be on there with Schroeder

g3HKFnX.png

#28 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

I just dont get the logic in putting weise on the 2nd, Burrows on the third and Lapierre on the 4th, I guarentee u all by the end of the first period tommorow burrows will be back on the 2nd, lapierre will be back on the third and weise will be back on the fourth.

#29 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

ahahaha I knew Schroeder never left Vancouver! Vandermeer JUST clears and Schroeder is at practice. I guess Schroeder made the team after all.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#30 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Schroeder and Raymond had some moments in practise, lets see if they can do the same in the real deal, just need them go to the dirty spots and not be floaters

Wiese has been noticeably different since his overseas stint, & I like it, even falling face first into the endboards which looked like it really hurt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.